1.    #1  
    Anyone have any idea what is going on with my Wifi? Everything works fine when using EvDO or w/e Sprint calls it, but the phone just won't work with WiFi. I have tried with a WAP2-PSK and password (changed encryption to AES on the router and the phone) and I also tried it with no security. Can't get it to even load the Sprint homepage. I'm sure It's something I am doing wrong, but I can't figure it out I was excited to have Wifi on a phone too

I put the router settings back on WAP2-PSK (password entered correctly in phone) and AES encryption.

edit: Just go a "Page cannot be displayed error" after like 30 seconds or so. Definitely something I am doing wrong. If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE let me know

editx2: I am trying to connect to a Linksys router, connected to Comcast broadband if that matters.
    Last edited by Centro85; 04/12/2009 at 01:37 PM.
    Don't know what to say. I'm using wi-fi on the Treo Pro and it works fine. Finds network, I enter the WPA-PSK, and off I go.

Now, by default, wifi turns off (reverts to evdo) if idle for a minute or so. I assume this is to save battery life. It can be changed.

Do you have another device you can test?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Don't know what to say. I'm using wi-fi on the Treo Pro and it works fine. Finds network, I enter the WPA-PSK, and off I go.

Now, by default, wifi turns off (reverts to evdo) if idle for a minute or so. I assume this is to save battery life. It can be changed.

Do you have another device you can test?
    My laptop(s) are working on the network fine, but they auto configure. The Phone doesn't just ask my for a password on off it goes. It runs me through a 3-4 screen configuration thing. I have to put in the network password, choose WAP2-PSK, change the encryption to AES, than asks if I want to use 801.11b/g or not (leave that checked obviously) and saves the settings. Very odd.
    I once had the same problem with a DSL 2wire modem, but after I upgraded it to a different model, my GSM Treo Pro was able to connect to Wi-Fi w/o any problems. Maybe it had to do with the modem's firmware. In your case it may have to do with your router's firmware. Have you tried another router? like at a friend's house?
  5.    #5  
    Nah, this is the only one so far. I did a hard reset, and now it let me just put in the password, like was said above, without having to go through the whole config process. It seems like it works sometimes, and doesn't others. Sometimes it will be REALLY fast internet, or REALLY fast sprint tv, but most of the time it will just lock up, like the router won't let it use the internet. If I just turn WiFi off, and use EvDo, it runs much much quicker on average.