1.    #1  
    Anybody else having issues with the face contact program on the treo pro? I used this program without any problems on my 800 and had it working fine on the pro until; I install another cab file or for whatever reason I do a soft reset. It still stays in the list of programs but is unusable. ?????
    You mean the photo that shows up when a contact calls you, or the photo in their contact listing? I have noticed the photo is SUPER tiny, and almost not even recognizable when someone calls, even when the photo was taken from the Pro itself.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    You mean the photo that shows up when a contact calls you, or the photo in their contact listing? I have noticed the photo is SUPER tiny, and almost not even recognizable when someone calls, even when the photo was taken from the Pro itself.
    No, he is talking about the software "Face Contact". It works fine on my Tréo Pro.
    I have the same problem. I have to replace a dll file every time I reset the phone. Not the end of the world, but a pain.
    link for the software?
    Quote Originally Posted by MRTRIPOD View Post
    link for the software?
    I think they are talking about this: Face Contact | Manage your contacts in 3D with Face Contact for Windows Mobile
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Yep, that's the one.
    I worked out a fix for Face Contacts if anyone is still having this problem.

It requires a couple things though.

1. You do a fresh install of Face Contacts that is currently working. I only had problems after resetting, it worked for me on new installs.
    2. You have Mortscript installed. (I did for running RealVGA) Install Mortscript if you don't have it.

To implement the fix, do as follows...

1. Go to \Windows in File Explorer and copy \Windows\FACECNTX.dll to your Storage Card folder or your My Documents folder. It's important that it's in one of the two for the below instructions to work.
    2. Edit the script in Notepad (or your favorite text editor) on your desktop if you don't have a Storage Card (I have one so that's how it's written). If you have a Storage Card and you copied the file above there, it will work fine as is. If you don't have a Storage Card, you'll have to rename the directory reference in the script that says \Storage Card\FACECNTX.dll to say \My Documents\FACECNTX.dll Then save the script. Make sure it's still named facecntx.mscr not facecntx.mscr.txt or something similar.
    3. Copy the attached Mortscript script to your \Windows\Startup directory on your Treo Pro.
    4. Soft Reset your Treo (I did it with a software utility, I'm not sure what the old battery pull trick will do, but I can't see it making a difference)
    5. Enjoy not having to mess with this to get it to work every time you reset your Treo!

This is of course use at your own risk kind of stuff, and I can't guarantee it will work for you, but it solved the problem for me and I wanted to share. Feel free to look at the script, all it does is delete and copy files to save you doing it manually every time you reset.

Please let me know if you have problems and I'll try to help!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hello everybody,

please note that this issue is solved with version 2.00 of Face Contact.

Somehow I'm not allowed to post links in here: so just visit our web site (cnetx.com) by clicking on my profile, or look for "Face Contact" in the software store on TreoCentral (you'll also find a YouTube video with a quick overview of the new version).

Last but not least, please note that version 2.00 is available as a FREE upgrade.

Cheers.