1.    #1  
    I've had my Sprint Treo Pro for just about two weeks now and I love it. I have found one issue though that annoys me a bit and was wondering if anyone has a solution.

If I run any GPS enabled application (Google Maps, Sprint Telenav, etc) I get a good position fix in a reasonable length of time. The apps work like a charm. But when I exit the apps, it appears that the GPS receiver remains turned on the battery gets sucked dry very quickly (relatively speaking). Sometimes turning airplane mode on and off will resolve the battery drain issue. But usually it requires a soft reset.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Except for this scenario I am getting better battery life than on my old phone (a Treo 650). Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
    David Wright
    Palm Pro -> Samsung SPH-i300 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo Pro
    It could be that you aren't really exiting the apps and they are left running in the background. You could close them using the X in the upper right corner of the screen to make sure they close.

I wrote a little utility that you can use to verify the driver is off and to turn off the service to force it off if necessary.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #3  
    Thanks,

Unless I need to have multiple apps open, I tend to always shut them off (via the x). So I'm pretty confident that the applications in question are off and not just running in the background.

I'll try give the cab you uploaded a try.
    David Wright
  4.    #4  
    I tried the posted app over the weekend, and it actually made my GPS issues worse (in a way).

It certainly solved the battery drain issue. Unfortunately, none of my apps were able to get a GPS fix at all while it was installed.... Once I removed it, things went back to the way they were before.

So, I'm still looking for a solution to my battery drain issues after using the GPS. Anyone have any ideas?
    David Wright
    You have to turn the GPS service back on via the tool when you want to use GPS again.
    lol
    I am not having any extra battery drain at all when I exit all GPS services normally.