1.    #1  
    I've had my treo 800w since they first came out last year, I always had a battery meter icon next to my clock. Recently it changed!! Now I have an icon that resembles a speaker with three radiating lines / _ \ ( immagine those characters stacked up so the last one is on the bottom) on the right. Anyone else had that happen? Anyone know how to get my battery meter back??
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    This isn't an uncommon thing. Try a soft reset and it should go back to normal.

Some of us wish we could figure out how to make it change this way permanently, so we could always have the speaker rather than the battery icon on the top bar.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    you can make it change permanently with a reg edit...its on here somewhere, I'm mobile or I'd link it. If I remember where the change is I'll post it, but a search of the registry thread might get you the info before my old brain remembers...

Here's the edit

HKLM>Software>Palm>BootApp change LaunchBatteryIndicator to 0
    Last edited by AS329; 04/11/2009 at 12:18 PM.
  4.    #4  
    I've done several soft resets since then with no avail. I'm gonna look into that reg key you just pointed out. You listed a "0" at the end of your reference, I am imagining that is supposed to be the value called out in the string.... I'll try changing the 0 to a 1.
  5.    #5  
    Dumb phone....... I looked up that key, it was already set to 1. I tried to use 0, did a soft reset, no change. I double checked that the change to the registry hung on thru the reset, which it did. I changed it back to 1 again, and with no surprize I still have the speaker icon. Any other ideas anyone?
    Time for a hard reset.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Time for a hard reset.

There's got to be a REAL solution to this problem. It's irritating having to hard reset over little nuances like this
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    you can make it change permanently with a reg edit...its on here somewhere, I'm mobile or I'd link it. If I remember where the change is I'll post it, but a search of the registry thread might get you the info before my old brain remembers...

Here's the edit

HKLM>Software>Palm>BootApp change LaunchBatteryIndicator to 0
    The problem with regedit is that it seems to mess up your volume settings, setting it to zero sometimes on it's own.

It seems Palm rooted-in this "customization" a bit deeper than the registry edit alone. Unfortunately.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffpcell View Post
    Dumb phone....... I looked up that key, it was already set to 1. I tried to use 0, did a soft reset, no change. I double checked that the change to the registry hung on thru the reset, which it did. I changed it back to 1 again, and with no surprize I still have the speaker icon. Any other ideas anyone?
    Did you soft reset by removing the battery? If so, did you wait at least a minute or so before soft resetting? When you make a registry change, you need to give it a little time before soft resetting by removing the battery or the change won't stick. If you use a soft reset program, you don't need to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    The problem with regedit is that it seems to mess up your volume settings, setting it to zero sometimes on it's own.

It seems Palm rooted-in this "customization" a bit deeper than the registry edit alone. Unfortunately.
    Haven't really had any volume problems except the standard reset to medium volume that everyone has. If I don't really use the speaker icon to mess with the volume, then it doesn't affect it. FWIW.
  11.    #11  
    I finally gave in and did a hard reset.... I guess it was slowing down a little bit anyway, seems faster after the hard reset