1.    #1  
    Hey guys. i am trying to sync my Centro to outlook so i can get my contacts on my Pro. I downloaded palm desktp/Hotsync to my work PC but I am stll having issues. I cannot find the setting to switch the centro to install to outlook, not Palm Desktop. Anyone want to give a quick step by step on how to get the centro synced to outlook than the Pro, once palm desktop is installed? I really need these contacts with numbers and emails, the rest i can re do.

Thanks
    Start / Palm / Conduit Sync - Sync with Outlook.
  3.    #3  
    Awesome, thanks. It said "Outlook is not installed on this computer." I guess Outlook express and Windows Live won't work. Gr. I'll have to figure out how to do it without paying $150 for outlook.
    I think you can download a free trial version Outlook from Microsoft website.
    Right. Only the real Outlook will work. A trial version will work to get your pim data over to your computer. After that you might want to consider syncing your Pro to Google so that you don't have to worry about having Outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Awesome, thanks. It said "Outlook is not installed on this computer." I guess Outlook express and Windows Live won't work. Gr. I'll have to figure out how to do it without paying $150 for outlook.
    If you don't have Outlook, why would you want to transfer your files to Outlook? What have you been using before now to sync your phone's data to? I would think that if you're not using Outlook, that Palm Desktop would be sufficent.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    If you don't have Outlook, why would you want to transfer your files to Outlook? What have you been using before now to sync your phone's data to? I would think that if you're not using Outlook, that Palm Desktop would be sufficent.

The whole point is that OP is trying to get contacts on Treo Pro. Palm Desktop does not sync with Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    The whole point is that OP is trying to get contacts on Treo Pro. Palm Desktop does not sync with Treo Pro.
    That sound you hear in the background is my imitation of Homer Simpson....."DOH!!!".

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Palm (like all WM licensees) used to bundle at least a trail copy of MS Outlook with their phones - but in recent times most have stopped - they think you'd have it already! The last time I got Outlook with a SmartPhone was with the MotoQ9h I think?
  10.    #10  
    I got the contacts over. I just went to sprint and he hooked it up to some 1980's box. Problem is, now half my contacts are under "Outlook" and the other half "Windows Live" in my phone. What is the difference? I did notice that not all of the contacts in my phone will show up under, say a SMS search when composing a new message. I guess only outlook or live will give the other apps access to search the database? Any ideas?

Thanks for the google tip. I do have a gmail account. Ideally i would like to sync to Live, but i guess thats not happening. How do you sync to Google?
    Once you get your WinPho, syncing to Google is easy. You simply set your exchange server to m.google.com and enter your gmail info.

Actually...you could always use the demo for CompanionLink and sync your Palm desktop info directly to your Google account to get it up there to start with.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Google now has an app that you can use Google sync for mobile, it uses your activesych like exchange, it is free, it is in beta but my son has bo problems with it all, it will sync calendar, and contacts, it does not support multiple calendars, or catigories.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Alli's suggestion of using a trial of companionlink isa great idea,it will sync your Palm desktop to Google, and it wil sync multiple calendars, and catigories if you have it set up correctly.
    You may want to think about just using this system then if you loose internet on your computer you will still have access to your calendar.l
    Terry
    Hi,

I have just downloaded the treo software and am able to download my main outlook calendar, however, I need to download the sub calendars that I use for scheduling. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you...
    Ascapes