1.    #1  
    What is a good card to get for the Pro? Just any 8GB Micro?
    Thanks
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    If you get 8GB, Sandisk 4 or 6 class. They sometimes cost more depending on where you get them from, but I've never had a Sandisk corrupt on me but hear stories of other brands doing so.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sandisk, Kingston and Patriot are the ones I'd stick with, and I wouldn't worry much about the class rating. It only matters for very large files.
    I've used the Transcend cards for years without a single issue. This time I went with an A-DATA 8GB Micro SDHC from Newegg for $15.99. No problems so far. The 16GB is going for $53.99.
    Last edited by cash70; 04/10/2009 at 06:19 AM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I don't know if this is true or not, but I went for size over speed and picked up a SanDisk 16GB (bulk package) was only $37 on Amazon.

MicroSD and SDHC memory news from HTC - SprintUsers.com

The last point is almost as important as SDHC and 8GB compatibility, and that comes to speed. There has been a misconception amongst some computer users that faster memory means a faster computer. That isn't so unless the original memory was slower than the device could accommodate and was made compatible by operating the bus at a slower speed. HTC tech support went on to say that all cell phones (not just HTC) are Class 2. That means the bus is only capable of 2MB/sec transfer rate. Most MicroSDHC memory on the market now is Class 2 and some is Class 4 and now Class 6 memory is becoming available (PQI/Transcend). Based on the bus being Class 2 there is no point in spending extra money to buy Class 4 or Class 6 memory.
    I got a 16gb Kingston from Fry's, works great.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Just got a Pro. Trying to decide on the different classes of micro Sdhc cards to get. Do you notice an appreciable difference in speed between Class 2/4/6? Should I get at least class 4 or 6?
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oski View Post
    Just got a Pro. Trying to decide on the different classes of micro Sdhc cards to get. Do you notice an appreciable difference in speed between Class 2/4/6? Should I get at least class 4 or 6?
    I've only used a class 6. It might help to look at the reviews here that people have written: Newegg.com - Flash Memory, SD Card, SD Memory Card, USB Flash Memory, Flash Memory Card, Compact Flash Memory
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Yes, if smartphones can only handle class 2 speeds then there will be no point in getting higher class flash... however, at some point you may want to plug that emory into your computer to do whatever you want... then the class speed will make a significant difference.

I have an 8GB class 4. I upgraded from a 2GB class 2 and I did notice a difference in both load times and copy times.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...