Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not as concerned as to why Palm didn't want them released.
    There may be nothing wrong with the functionality of the device.

I'm more concerned that we make TC members aware that the 1.03 may be denied warranty support based on the SN.

We've got reports that some Sprint Treo Pros with SW ver. 1.03 have a Serial Number that are Flagged.

It's been suggested that you ask the Ebay seller for the SN before buying.
    Call Palm to make sure it isn't Flagged for No Warranty Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Thats what I am doing now, as I type. They told me at first to swap it out with the retailer. I told palm the retailer is saying palm has not recalled any phones, and I told the lady I could not find a recall on their website either. I told her now I am stuck with a phone I bought from a store, brand new and sealed in a box, that palm and sprint are telling me is bad, but there is no recall and the store wont take it back.

Now I am on hold.

Edit: After being on hold for about 5-6 minutes, the lady came back on the phone. She said the serial number is flagged in their system as a 0 day warranty. She tried to tell me this meant the phone was a used phone. I told her the box was sealed, and when I turned on the device it installed the operating system/software etc. I than told her I thought Palm had a warranty anyway, so even if this was a "used" device it wouldn't matter. She told me they can't do anything more without a new device and a new serial number. I asked her to email me a copy of the "recall" so I can get a new phone, and she told me the best she could do was give me a customer support claim number that I can give to the retailer, so the retailer cannot deny the problem and swap it out with a new device.

No wonder Palm is going out of business. They sell phones to whoever, have a problem, and won't do anything about the ones that got sold before they asked for them back. By the way, she did say these phones are flagged by SERIAL NUMBER in their system, so even if you had to claim warranty at sprint or w/e, you won't be able to get it repaired/new one etc. since the serial number is printed on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintDaddy View Post
    I thought I would add my quick note into this. I was also one of the ones that bought a 1.03 phone from ebay. I went to the store and they said that it wouldn't really be supported and they couldn't do anything with it as they don't have a upgrade for it. They don't have the standard ROM either so that was a bust. They said I should call Palm and see what they say. When I called Palm and gave them the serial number from my phone, they had it flagged for no technical support. They said that for me to get Tech support I have to fax them a proof of purchase so they could try to track down the seller of the phones for this problem. So that right there tells you something is wrong with this whole thing.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/01/2009 at 10:12 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Mal is a Trusted source:
    Until we hear something Official from Sprint/Palm, the following stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, don't drag me into this...!

All I know is the 1.03's went to BestBuy and certain stores for a January 25th release. Best Buy then put that on hold for a Feb 15th release while, according to Sprint, it finishes up testing/certification.

The hold turned into everyone sending their stock back and the date being pushed till March 15th. When it finally went on sale officially, it had the 1.04 ROM. It seems obvious that between the end of January and the release in March, Sprint/Palm were working on something like the ROM, which is why all of a sudden it went from 1.03 to 1.04.

All documented here.

I'm sure eBay sellers should be 100% responsible for knowing their firmware--it IS an odd thing to have to know. OTOH, we don't know the process by which a seller gets access to these devices--so perhaps it is the warehouse who never shipped back the 1.03s.
    Oh btw, check this:

• Go to Dial Pad --> type in ##778#
    • View
    • Manufacture Date

1.04's are guaranteed to be after a certain date...like late Feb. Mine is a 1.04 and is "3-Mar-2009"

1.03's will be Dec/January-ish. That's because 1.03's were early releases; 1.04s replaced them for the official release in March when they actually went on sale.

I have no opinion on the warranty issue. Not enough evidence imo.
    Definitely not stolen, imo. Just not enough evidence for that--I mean if you call Palm and you have a 1.03 and they know a bunch of those were stolen, you would think at the very least they'd ask "Where'd you get that from?".

But they nor Sprint don't have any interest in that information.

Anyways, I think some distribution warehouses must not have sent back their stock--either by accident, on purpose or just negligence. These then go out to different channels and those "sellers" have no idea until we bring it up.

I know that's a boring, less drama-filled answer but it seems the simplest and most likely.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/01/2009 at 10:06 PM.
    Avoid idreamofwireless as he is a seller of 1.03s.
    This sounds bad.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Just a note, I bought a phone from wireless dream, NKA Idreamofwireless. I received a v. 1.03 and I asked him to replace it with a v. 1.04 and he did. All in all, at this point, a rather smooth transaction and while I see no difference whatsoever between the two phones, I feel better knowing that I have a v. 1.04.
  6.    #7  
    I'm curious to see how/if this gets resolved:

Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    ...clip...
    I sent the seller of my 1.03 Pro a message last Thursday evening. The seller guaranteed it was a 1.04, and said I could exchange the phone if it wasn't. When I got the phone and saw it was a 1.03, I shot off an email. I STILL haven't got a response, despite getting 3 responses within 2 days before buying the product. Is it time to send some negative feedback, or should I wait a little longer?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm curious to see how/if this gets resolved:
    Hopefully he paid with PayPal or someother method that will give him buyer protection.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Avoid idreamofwireless as he is a seller of 1.03s.
    That was a close call! thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    Just a note, I bought a phone from wireless dream, NKA Idreamofwireless. I received a v. 1.03 and I asked him to replace it with a v. 1.04 and he did. All in all, at this point, a rather smooth transaction and while I see no difference whatsoever between the two phones, I feel better knowing that I have a v. 1.04.
    I tried that, all he would offer me was a full refund. Which was fine, but I got the device for a pretty low price, and wasn't sure I could get another one for that price, so I just kept the phone, hoping for the best. I did leave him negative feedback though, so he called me a *** , very professional to deal with, eh? (btw, for the record, I am NOT a ***)

So far it seems fine.
    I just registered a 1.03 idreamofwirless ebay stp on Palm's website without a problem. Perhaps all of us that have them should go register ASAP
  11.    #12  
    I did leave him negative feedback though, so he called me a ***
    wireless dream, aka Idreamofwireless
    called you a *** because you left him negative feedback?
    Am I missing something...is this that big of a deal? My 1.03 works with no problems...I just don't get it.
  13.    #14  
    The Title of this thread is; "Ebay Sprint Treo Pro's may be Flagged!"
    It has very little to do with fine working 1.03.
    Read the two quoutes.
    No Warranty.
    So we have reports that some Ebay Sprint Treo Pros may have their SN flagged.
    No Support - No Warranty.
    Call Sprint/Palm and give them your SN.
    Yeah, go figure. Oh well, let him rant, ain't hurt me none.
    I was able to register my 1.03 with Palm. I would think if I could register it, I could get warranty support.
    Yeah, it's an eBay thing. Over the last year, eBay changed their policy so that sellers can only leave positive feedback, whereas buyers can leave positive/neutral/negative. It is their way "leveling the playing field" because sellers were leaving retaliatory feedback. So the only recourse sellers have now is to call names in emails.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by akakar View Post
    I just registered a 1.03 idreamofwirless ebay stp on Palm's website without a problem. Perhaps all of us that have them should go register ASAP
    Registering is one thing, getting (warranty) service is another.

That's really unprofessional of Wireless Dream. What does orientation or assumed orientation have to do with the sale of a phone and feedback??
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I tried that, all he would offer me was a full refund. Which was fine, but I got the device for a pretty low price, and wasn't sure I could get another one for that price, so I just kept the phone, hoping for the best. I did leave him negative feedback though, so he called me a *** , very professional to deal with, eh? (btw, for the record, I am NOT a ***)
    I would start emailing the other purchasers (there are about 75a) of treo pro from wireless dream to let them know he sold them the old version
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast