Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    I've looked at your auctions, and have some more questions.

1) Why are there no manufacturer's warranty on your phones? You say there is none "unless stated in the product description above". But none of your phones product descriptions say anything about a warranty.

2) You list Squaretrade as warranty coverage in your auctions. You say to "Click on the Squaretrade picture for"... and there is no Squaretrade picture. There is no mention of Squaretrade anywhere on your auction listings. Why are you referring people to a site and then not providing any information on it?

3) Why do you state that any sales that result in neutral/negative feedback are final? You are aware that under eBay's "FEEDBACK EXTORTION" policy, this is not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by thewirelessdream View Post
    Let's follow up on the issue with 1.03's, I've sound countless 1.03 models, anyone who claims they spoke with sprint over the phone and says they are unable to have a warrenty on there 1.03 phone is a liar. In additon, anyone who claims they took there phone to a sprint store and was told there sprint phone was not eiligble for warrenty b/c it's a 1.03 is a liar. Sprint employees are just that, they don't go beyond there job and i gurnatee 99 percent of them don't even know what software version is on the phone or have herd of a 1.03. I personally went to a sprint store and the coroprate manager knew nothing about it and actually switched the phone out for me. If a customer does have a problem with the phone after 30 days of usage they are alble to access sprints online advance exchange program to replace the phone for any manufactures defect. Majority of you are just feeding off one aothers thoeries and don't have any iron clad proof on any of this stuff. Bottom line is, if a customers emailed me what version i'm selling i tell them 1.03, if they inquire later about it maybe 30-40 days after having the phone i tell them send it back for a refund. Majoirty of people respond stating they've had no problems with the phone and are satisfied b/c they purchased it at such a great price. No ones hiding anything, item is not a grey market or even a stolen, the software just hasn't been updated and only a handfull of stores have the software update, in the meanwhile there no differnt between the two model besides 2mb. any other questions feel free to email me,

sprints online advance exchange as of two weeks ago for manufacutres defect is free of charge your also able to go into a sprint store for advance exchange service but it usally take alot longer.

https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/ad...&FROM_SPRINT=Y
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Why are you selling 1.03? it wasn't supposed to be released.
    How'd you get them?
    Why don't you get them swapped out for 1.04?

Edit:
    Welcome to TC
    I'm not trying to take anybody's side here...I have a 1.03 myself. But seriously - how do you know that v1.03 wasn't supposed to be released? I mean it makes sense that 1.03 units are the recalled units...but nobody can provide any proof. A few people have talked via online chat to Palm, and say that Palm told them. I can say personally that I spoke to 3 Sprint techs who told me that 1.03 never existed - so until somebody says something official, it's just speculation. I think that everything that everyone is saying on both sides (including things that I have said) is just pure conjecture.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Is your Ebay name idreamofwireless?

Why do you list your Sprint Treo Pros as GSM and your EBay ads all say, "All sales are final, no return or exchange"

SPRINT PALM TREO PRO 850 BRAND NEW IN BOX CLEAN ESN - eBay (item 280328790408 end time May-29-09 18:01:35 PDT)

NEW IN BOX SPRINT PALM TREO 850 PALM PRO BLACK HOT! - eBay (item 280322583500 end time May-12-09 13:20:54 PDT)

Just search idreamofwireless in the forums here. Your name has came up a lot.
    I personally sell on EBAY (NOT PHONES) also, I do not take returns, when you are selling and buying on ebay it is not like a brick and mortor store, and its priced accordingly.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    lol, let's start from the beginning. Customer emailed me stating he would like to return the item, i responded..... send it back for a full refund. If he purchased two of the same items why wouldn't he assume both goes for both items? Buyer was rash and sent me nasty emails, left negative feedback after i told him to return the item for a full refund. Look at my feedback, no one has had a problem returning anything to me. Everyone here seems fairly inteliigent and based on my account history and personal experiences, depsite not liking my responses i've always offered a customer to send the item back for a refund and at one point i even exchanged the phones in question for an updated version. I contacted this buyer to refrain from contacting me and sending me harassing emails when it became clear he was not of sane mind. He paid for the phone on the 29th, left negative feedback on the 30th. I have great relations with ebay and forwaded all my email conversations with this guy, i reponsded to every email cordially and depsite that he seemed so crazed that my responses weren't making sense to him... like i'd scam him? Be serious buddy. I've bit my tongue long enough now hes claiming i called him threatning him with phsyical harm? Let's correct that, i told hi if he contiued to email me with harassing emails and messages i would sue him for harassment. I'm not an *****, i don't make threats to people over the phone, sorry no my mo and realistically i'm not getting on a plan or driving to attack anyone.
    Welcome ideal (and good luck)

As a customer of yours i was and still am extremely happy with your delivery etc of my 03 Treo pro. (would buy from again)

While calling sprint employees and forum liars is wrong, you might be right that there are are ALOT of wrong or ill informed people out there but not liars

Having been a sprint customer since 96 (palm customer since the 600) I can tell you that it is vary rare to get the same answer from 2 employees of both Palm and Sprint (the worst of the 2) so I agree that theres alot mis-information out there.

One of the ways to "clear" your name around here if you don't want to post it send the email thread from the Unhappy customer to the Mod? OR if Edbro has the thread post all threats he supposedly received ??? The whole thread so we can see ALL that was said? That would go along way to clearing somebodies name.

Personally I feel if the guy didn't read this forum he would be happily using both phones right know not having any issues!!! like the rest of your 850 customers myself included. But panic has sent in over here and he was swayed, thinking the phone was going to blow up or something!! (lol)

He should not have left neg feedback one day after purchasing the phone there was no time constrate , if he was still unhappy he could of done it in say a weeks time after sorting it out? He should not claimed a "recall" as there has NEVER been one documented? by either Sprint or Palm?

I totally understand your total frustration as I posted a Thread showing 2 PALM reps saying theres NO issue with warranty etc and did I get response, No, everyone wants to concentrate on the negative, everyone loves drama around here.

** i was in the Sprint store in palisades NY yesterday, "if theres any issue just bring it back No problem" (there is no flash UG at this point)
    Last edited by sjjones; 05/01/2009 at 02:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I'm not trying to take anybody's side here...I have a 1.03 myself. But seriously - how do you know that v1.03 wasn't supposed to be released? I mean it makes sense that 1.03 units are the recalled units...but nobody can provide any proof. A few people have talked via online chat to Palm, and say that Palm told them. I can say personally that I spoke to 3 Sprint techs who told me that 1.03 never existed - so until somebody says something official, it's just speculation. I think that everything that everyone is saying on both sides (including things that I have said) is just pure conjecture.
    Verson 1.03 was the version that was initally shipped prior to the initial release date of Mid-February. It was recalled just before going on sale. Many people purchased them from Best Buy before they were sent back (Best Buy should not have sold them but they did). The phones that were officially released in March have version 1.04 on them. For some reason the phones were recalled but no one from Palm or Sprint will say why. The 1.03 phones were never to be sold (again only Sprint and Palm can say why, and they havent'), the 1.04 phones are the first and only official release. There is a lot of unofficial speculation and rumours about how so many 1.03 phones got into circulation, but, again, no one from Palm or Sprint have shed any light. The only glimmer was reported by Dieter when he refererenced an SEC filing from Palm where they were going to take a loss due to theft from a 3rd party wharehouse.
    Last edited by ivhs72; 05/01/2009 at 03:06 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    I personally sell on EBAY (NOT PHONES) also, I do not take returns, when you are selling and buying on ebay it is not like a brick and mortor store, and its priced accordingly.
    I, too, sell on eBay. When a seller states that he will accept returns, you would expect him to honor his own policy, would you not? Brick and mortor store or not, a policy is a policy. The seller in question here does have a return policy, but he doesn't seem to be following through with it.

7.    #147  
    I've unsticked the 'Flagged' and 'Authorized Release' Threads.
    Because I honestly feel all this is now mute.

My intentions weren't to Shock TC members into avoiding Ebay.

All was motivated by the experiences and info from TC members I trust.

We know that Best Buy accidentally started selling stock that Palm/Sprint wanted sent back.
    Who else got those we don't know.
    Obviously Ebay sellers have a supply.
    We know those were 1.03.
    We know the Official/Authorized release treo Pro's are 1.04.

That's what we know from Very Very Reliable Sources.

We shouldn't be surprised that Palm never sent a public notice out, because this was an internal fumble.

Very Very Reliable sources have said that Stock was sent to Stores, and then told to Not Sale, but rather, to send them back.

The SW version before and after add even more support to this.

What needed fixing was never leaked.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Verson 1.03 was the version that was initally shipped prior to the initial release date of Mid-February. It was recalled just before going on sale. Many people purchased them from Best Buy before they were sent back (Best Buy should not have sold them but they did). The phones that were officially released in March have version 1.04 on them. For some reason the phones were recalled but no one from Palm or Sprint will say why. The 1.03 phones were never to be sold (again only Sprint and Palm can say why, and they havent'), the 1.04 phones are the first and only official release.
    What source are you getting this information from? Do we have absolutely any shred of SOLID, CONFIRMED proof that this is correct? I'm with you...I mean it makes sense to me, but where is this coming from? I can't even find a reputable news source (engadget, etc.) that corroborates this.

Again, playing devil's advocate. How do we know that ALL 1.03 phones were recalled? How do we know that there wasn't a hardware issue with a batch of phones, and when they were finally replaced, they also put the newer version of firmware on? How do we know that a certain serial range of 1.03 phones didn't have potentially exploding batteries, and only that range was replace? Yeah, I know...this is all far-fetched - but not impossible.

I just dont' think we should go pointing fingers at anybody without any concrete evidence. Speculation posted on message boards doesn't count.
    I, too, sell on eBay. When a seller states that he will accept returns, you would expect him to honor his own policy, would you not? Brick and mortor store or not, a policy is a policy. The seller in question here does have a return policy, but he doesn't seem to be following through with it.

well, FWIW, he did offer to give me a refund if I returned the phone. But he did it thru an alternate email and would not do so thru ebay's messaging system, even though I specifically asked him to make the same offer thr ebay. he stated something about not beong in a position to log into ebay. Personally i couldn't trust that. Some may disagree, but after having been burnt a few times in my life I tend to err on the side of caution these days.

*shrug*
    Verson 1.03 was the version that was initally shipped prior to the initial release date of Mid-February. It was recalled just before going on sale. Many people purchased them from Best Buy before they were sent back (Best Buy should not have sold them but they did). The phones that were officially released in March have version 1.04 on them. For some reason the phones were recalled but no one from Palm or Sprint will say why. The 1.03 phones were never to be sold (again only Sprint and Palm can say why, and they havent'), the 1.04 phones are the first and only official release.
    Yup, I think the only thing we can state definitively, is that 1.04 is the official release version of the STP, distributed to Sprint and other authorized resellers.

For whatever reason, and Palm is declining to explain this, the 1.03 phones that shipped out were recalled, at probably significant expense, to change them out or reflash them.

I believe Dieter has contacted Palm twice now about getting a response on this issue, and rather than clarify the situation, they replied rather obliquely that buyers should take up support issues with the seller. My gut feeling is that something really stinks here, but Palm isn't about to address it unless forced.
  11.    #151  
    This is all I could find using google.

Sprint Treo Pro not being released the 15th, new date TBD : Boy Genius Report

Sprint Treo Pro getting delayed into a bleak, uncertain future?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...elease-25.html

The 'Very Very Reliable' sources I mentioned I will leave to them.
    I won't for courtesy to them.
    If they feel like posting great.

Sounds fishy huh - Sorry.

Like I said; the 'whats and whys' are prolly mute now.

Personally, if I was buying from Ebay I would want a 1.04
    (Call me paranoideded by propaganda.)

Couple more links I found.

Sprint Treo Pro delayed until February 15th : Boy Genius Report

Sprint Treo Pro Release Delayed - Treonauts
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/01/2009 at 03:26 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Go to this thread that Dieter started on Feb. 15 of this year:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...d-release.html

Official? Well, I'll do the best I can. Here is a link to the Palm stock filing for their 3rd quarter 2009. This is where they announce a $5 million dollar casualty (read through it, it's there).

Here is a story from PreCentral, with the press release from Palm talking about the $5 million dollar loss:

http://www.precentral.net/palm-posts-q3-fy09-results

Here is another PreCental story about the loss, with a quote from Palm CFO Doug Jefferies talking about the loss:

http://www.precentral.net/palm-lost-...q3fy09-details

That's about the best I can do for the theft. There has only been speculation as to what was stolen, no official announcement.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. But if you look on this forum, as well as Sprintusers.com and the Palm support forums, you will find that nowhere can you find that 1.03 is an official release version.

As for exploding batteries, every instance I've heard of from devices with that problem happened after they were released, not before. In fact, my iPhone had a problem with the AC adaptor. Apple sent an email, told me to register for a free replacement, which they sent at their expense, and paid for shipping back on my old one (all about three months after purchase). Dell and Sony's battery problems were also post-release, not pre-release.

Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    What source are you getting this information from? Do we have absolutely any shred of SOLID, CONFIRMED proof that this is correct? I'm with you...I mean it makes sense to me, but where is this coming from? I can't even find a reputable news source (engadget, etc.) that corroborates this.

Again, playing devil's advocate. How do we know that ALL 1.03 phones were recalled? How do we know that there wasn't a hardware issue with a batch of phones, and when they were finally replaced, they also put the newer version of firmware on? How do we know that a certain serial range of 1.03 phones didn't have potentially exploding batteries, and only that range was replace? Yeah, I know...this is all far-fetched - but not impossible.

I just dont' think we should go pointing fingers at anybody without any concrete evidence. Speculation posted on message boards doesn't count.
    Last edited by ivhs72; 05/01/2009 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Why are you selling 1.03? it wasn't supposed to be released.
    How'd you get them?
    Why don't you get them swapped out for 1.04?

Edit:
    Welcome to TC
    Yeah, I'd really like to see the answers to these questions.
    thats right im extorting buyers to workout issues before leaving a pointless negative feedback that can easily be prevented. so if you want to call that extortion fine
    On another note, just as you all, i had no idea there was two differnt software version circulating around, if you noticed i had a mixture of both so obviously it was an error by the distrubutors, followed on to wholslaers on so forth. I've never herd anything publicly released to me and i've noticed no differnce between the two roms, leaves me to speculations that this is some enriched fabrication made to discredit phone sales on ebay b/c the price is too cheap. i suppose it's human nature to questions everything. Bottom line is i've sold 1.03 and 1.04, if a customers is unhappy they've always been able to return. They won there items at a great price and depsite the bs, items are 100 percent warrentiable and insurable with no proven problems.
    thats right im extorting buyers to workout issues before leaving a pointless negative feedback that can easily be prevented. so if you want to call that extortion fine
    Of all the questions, is that the only one you're gonna answer?

What a joke.....
    oh yeah and malachi left me a negative feedback after i told him i would give him a full refund plus his return shipping cost, who does that? Let's be serious..... real fair right? perfect example how buyers can do anything they want and get away with it takes advtage of sellers and discrediting them even after they attempted to work with the buyer. I have 590 postive feedbacks this month... need i say more
  18.    #158  
    Let's please not turn this into a back and forth as to who's the bigger jerk.
    Just call me Berd.
  19.    #159  
    Please don't read a confrontational tone into my questions.

I'm glad you're here wirelessdream.

I want to ease these TC guys concerns.

You are making available at a good price STPs that many might not afford if it wasn't for Ebay sellers like yourself.
    Just call me Berd.
  20.    #160  
    If we can put this behind us, we can move on to enjoying a fantastic device - In my honest opinion; The Best Treo Yet!

Like I said; I unstikied these threads since we're getting reports that all is good.
    Especially because of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Bump

Turns out stores (service centers) that have ICSS available should have the ROM update for 1.04. Many service people might not know it is even in there and there is no regular, standalone Palm flasher available i.e. you have to use that program.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast