Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    My opinion the 1st thing you wrong was to leave negative feedback before you had even spoken with him? the auction only finished the 28th???? Some of these ebayers are not real quick getting to people especially when they have a lot auctions going on?

How do you know he would not of sent you a 04 that you were desperate to have in exchange the 03 for your $187??? (a steal)

Its not like he can steal for money you paid via cc ? and the guy has had 800 plus positive transactions?????

You panicked
    You say I didn't speak with him but we had several email conversations. I actually bought 2 of his phones, 1 last week and then this latest one. When I found out all his phones were flagged I emailed him separately for each transaction. He responded to the emails on the one already sent. He ignored 2 emails sent on the second phone that had not shipped yet. The emails were yesterday, he shipped today.
  2.    #122  
    Just a Reminder to Everyone:

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Ask the Ebay seller for the SN before buying.
    Call Palm to make sure it isn't Flagged for No Warranty Support.

We've gotten numerous reports from TC members that the 1.03 is a great device - Not enough dif to worry.
    We're also getting reports that Palm/Sprint is honoring warranty on 1.03.
    We've also got a report that a Sprint store flashed a 1.03 device to 1.04.

The only thing still left unresolved is the two reports that the SN of certain 1.03's are 'Flagged'

So again,
    The 1.03 device in itself may be a great device.

If you have TEP you have pretty much nothing to worry about.
    Just call me Berd.
    Wow, idreamofwireless just called my home phone at 10:00 at night. He called me quite a few choice words and threatened me with physical violence. I have sent a report in to ebay. I just want to warn anybody even considering to deal with this guy to stay away. He is crazy.
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    Wow, idreamofwireless just called my home phone at 10:00 at night. He called me quite a few choice words and threatened me with physical violence. I have sent a report in to ebay. I just want to warn anybody even considering to deal with this guy to stay away. He is crazy.
    Are you serious?
    Just call me Berd.
    This is the guy who got personal with someone else over negative feedback, right? If so, I'm not too surprised.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #126  
    Yeah,
    He called Malachi a ***.

Disclaimer: I think it was meant in a derogatory way.
    Just call me Berd.
    He's an *****, no doubt.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Be sure to call your local police and report it. This is a serious matter than needs to be documented. eBay works with the police to get rid of seller/buyers who make threats like this. Who knows, this whack job seller may just try something.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  9.    #129  
    It really makes me wonder.
    How did an ebay seller end up with so many 1.03's
    Palm asked all 1.03's to be returned.
    If they got them legitimately, why can't they just get Palm/Sprint to swap them out with 1.04's?
    If they got them legitimately, why can't they just get Palm/Sprint to swap them out with 1.04's?
    To be honest with you i don't think these ebay sellers know about a palm recall of the 1.03 versions. The only reason i knew anything about it is because i'm always on this site. There were and still are plenty of palm users out there who don't know anything about this situation and until palm publicly makes a statement or sends out press releases you (not speaking about you directly) can't blame anyone purchasing or selling these units as there hasn't been an official stance or information from palm in regards to this situation. A lot of these ebay sellers also sell a lot of other products so its not like they are treo addicts who live on these sites to know about rom upgrades, issues etc. They are just selling the products they have and since they never had an issue with this in the past they are probably just unaware as we the buyers until individual buyers bring it to their attention.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    If yoy pay by paypal you literally have nothing to worry about in regards to getting your money back.

My wife has an ebay business and its shocking how quick someone will leave a negative. if I remember this right, one time she sold a pair of jeans and accidetally put the wrong jeans in the box. the buyer sent her an email screaming about a rip off and that she better correct the problem or she was gonna leave a negative. fast forward to 10 mins later she leaves the negative. she gave my wife 10 mins to respond....wacko.in my opinion.
    Yeah, PayPal almost always sides with the buyer, which is why I stopped using them. Don't get me wrong, its good that they are protecting people, but some people are just ridiculous. You sell something on Ebay, and if you don't have the tracking number to the guy within 5 mins of him sending the payment, he files a fraud alert.

That being said, I don't see how PayPal could protect someone getting a 1.03 instead of a 1.04. I mean...there is no official evidence that anything is wrong with 1.03, and unless the listing explicitly says its 1.04, the seller technically isn't lying.

This is how I see the dispute going down:

Buyer: I received a 1.03 firmware phone, and it's supposed to be 1.04. 1.03 phones were recallced.

Seller: I don't know what you're talking about - 1.03 phones are fine. The ESN is clear. These are only rumors.

PayPal: Buyer, please provide documentation that the 1.03 phone is substandard, recalled, or stolen.

Buyer: ????? The best he could do is send PayPal a link to TreoCentral.

What I've found is that Paypal only REALLY protects the buyer if he/she never received a package. A seller could send a box full of rocks to someone, and there isn't a whole lot of recourse you can pursue.
    If you look at the seller-in-question's auctions, he is selling many different models of phones. Some of the ones he is selling he is advertising as having bad ESNs on them. Nothing wrong with that if 1) he is admitting it up front so the buyer is aware of that, and 2) his source for the phones is legal. I wonder where he gets so many phones with bad ESNs. If he only selling Sprint phones? Also, read all of his feedback comments. Not all of those positive feedbacks are really so positive.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    Yeah, PayPal almost always sides with the buyer, which is why I stopped using them. Don't get me wrong, its good that they are protecting people, but some people are just ridiculous. You sell something on Ebay, and if you don't have the tracking number to the guy within 5 mins of him sending the payment, he files a fraud alert.

What I've found is that Paypal only REALLY protects the buyer if he/she never received a package. A seller could send a box full of rocks to someone, and there isn't a whole lot of recourse you can pursue.
    I see just the opposite happening. I sold a DVD to someone, sent it w/delivery confirmation. Heard nothing, never got any feedback. Three weeks later I get a PayPal dispute filed for his never receiving the DVD. Provided PayPal with proof of shipment and delivery. PayPal decided in the buyer's favor. Their reason was that he had paid with a credit card and disputed the charge on his card. PayPal wouldn't deal with the CC company since they were a middleman, and told me I would have to deal them directly. The credit card company wouldn't talk to me because I wasn't the one whom the transaction was with. All I got was the runaround because of this PayPal loophole. Bottom line, the guy got my DVD and his money back.

Are you serious?
    lol, let's start from the beginning. Customer emailed me stating he would like to return the item, i responded..... send it back for a full refund. If he purchased two of the same items why wouldnt he assume both goes for both items? Buyer was rash and sent me nasty emails, left negative feedback after i told him to return the item for a full refund. Look at my feedback, no one has had a problem returning anything to me. Everyone here seems fairly inteliigent and based on my account history and personal experiences, depsite not liking my responses i've always offered a customer to send the item back for a refund and at one point i even exchanged the phones in question for an updated version. I contacted this buyer to refrain from contacting me and sending me harassing emails when it became clear he was not of sane mind. He paid for the phone on the 29th, left negative feedback on the 30th. I have great relations with ebay and forwaded all my email conversations with this guy, i reponsded to every email cordially and depsite that he seemed so crazed that my responses weren't making sense to him... like i'd scam him? Be serious buddy. I've bit my tongue long enough now hes claiming i called him threatning him with phsyical harm? Let's correct that, i told hi if he contiued to email me with harassing emails and messages i would sue him for harassment. I'm not an *****, i don't make threats to people over the phone, sorry no my mo and realistically i'm not getting on a plan or driving to attack anyone.
    Let's follow up on the issue with 1.03's, I've sound countless 1.03 models, anyone who claims they spoke with sprint over the phone and says they are unable to have a warrenty on there 1.03 phone is a liar. In additon, anyone who claims they took there phone to a sprint store and was told there sprint phone was not eiligble for warrenty b/c it's a 1.03 is a liar. Sprint employees are just that, they don't go beyond there job and i gurnatee 99 percent of them don't even know what software version is on the phone or have herd of a 1.03. I personally went to a sprint store and the coroprate manager knew nothing about it and actually switched the phone out for me. If a customer does have a problem with the phone after 30 days of usage they are alble to access sprints online advance exchange program to replace the phone for any manufactures defect. Majority of you are just feeding off one aothers thoeries and don't have any iron clad proof on any of this stuff. Bottom line is, if a customers emailed me what version i'm selling i tell them 1.03, if they inquire later about it maybe 30-40 days after having the phone i tell them send it back for a refund. Majoirty of people respond stating they've had no problems with the phone and are satisfied b/c they purchased it at such a great price. No ones hiding anything, item is not a grey market or even a stolen, the software just hasn't been updated and only a handfull of stores have the software update, in the meanwhile there no differnt between the two model besides 2mb. any other questions feel free to email me,

sprints online advance exchange as of two weeks ago for manufacutres defect is free of charge your also able to go into a sprint store for advance exchange service but it usally take alot longer.

https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/advanceexchange/aeCriteria.do?method=displayCriteria&FROM_SPRINT=Y
    Quote Originally Posted by thewirelessdream View Post
    Let's follow up on the issue with 1.03's, I've sound countless 1.03 models, anyone who claims they spoke with sprint over the phone and says they are unable to have a warrenty on there 1.03 phone is a liar. In additon, anyone who claims they took there phone to a sprint store and was told there sprint phone was not eiligble for warrenty b/c it's a 1.03 is a liar. Sprint employees are just that, they don't go beyond there job and i gurnatee 99 percent of them don't even know what software version is on the phone or have herd of a 1.03. I personally went to a sprint store and the coroprate manager knew nothing about it and actually switched the phone out for me. If a customer does have a problem with the phone after 30 days of usage they are alble to access sprints online advance exchange program to replace the phone for any manufactures defect. Majority of you are just feeding off one aothers thoeries and don't have any iron clad proof on any of this stuff. Bottom line is, if a customers emailed me what version i'm selling i tell them 1.03, if they inquire later about it maybe 30-40 days after having the phone i tell them send it back for a refund. Majoirty of people respond stating they've had no problems with the phone and are satisfied b/c they purchased it at such a great price. No ones hiding anything, item is not a grey market or even a stolen, the software just hasn't been updated and only a handfull of stores have the software update, in the meanwhile there no differnt between the two model besides 2mb. any other questions feel free to email me,

sprints online advance exchange as of two weeks ago for manufacutres defect is free of charge your also able to go into a sprint store for advance exchange service but it usally take alot longer.

https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/ad...&FROM_SPRINT=Y
    Welcome to this forum. You're not off to a very positive start on this site by calling registered users liars.

But since you're now on this site, there are alot of questions that people have been wanting to ask you.

The first and foremost is how did you get so many Sprint Treo Pro phones with version 1.03 operating system? This version was recalled by Sprint after they started shipping, and were never, ever intended to be sold to the public, and never officially released by them. The link you reference is only for defective products, not for products that were not officially released, and were never intended to be sold.

Second, are you an authorized Sprint reseller? If you are, then Sprint will swap inventory for you. If you're not, how did you get the phones?

Third, how many eBay user IDs are you doing business under?

Just curious. I'm sure that others will have similiar questions for you.
    Last edited by ivhs72; 05/01/2009 at 12:48 PM.

18.    #138  
    Why are you selling 1.03? it wasn't supposed to be released.
    How'd you get them?
    Why don't you get them swapped out for 1.04?

Edit:
    Welcome to TC
    Just call me Berd.
    Is your Ebay name idreamofwireless?

Why do you list your Sprint Treo Pros as GSM and your EBay ads all say, "All sales are final, no return or exchange"

SPRINT PALM TREO PRO 850 BRAND NEW IN BOX CLEAN ESN - eBay (item 280328790408 end time May-29-09 18:01:35 PDT)

NEW IN BOX SPRINT PALM TREO 850 PALM PRO BLACK HOT! - eBay (item 280322583500 end time May-12-09 13:20:54 PDT)

Just search idreamofwireless in the forums here. Your name has came up a lot.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

And, if you are so honest and upright, why did you sit me with an unpaid item dispute?
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast