Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    This is my last post. I'll leave it up to other readers to draw their own conclusions on this thread.

Dieter, I think it's time to close this thread. I
    I appreciate the viewpoints given.
    I'm sorry that there seemed to be a diversion to Ebay Policies.

I see no need to close this thread. It should continue for the sake of TC members giving each other feedback/headsup to the 'Flagged' issue. - Which is the intent of this thread.

Sincerely though, I do appreciate what you guys shared and it's now up to the readers to decide how they want to approach Ebay Policies.

But I agree that the Ebay Policy discussion has ran it's course.
    Any further discussion on that topic might be better in another thread.
    Just call me Berd.
  2.    #102  
    I've deleted the off topic posts.
    If you guys want to continue discussing differences between 1.03 and 1.04, there's already a thread for that.

If you want to talk about ebay policies, start a thread in Off Topic.

Thanks,
    Berd
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/28/2009 at 01:15 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #103  
    Maybe all this Forum Attention has caused Palm/Sprint to finally do something:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...03-phones.html
    Just call me Berd.
    A call this morning indicated Palm still has the 1.03 models flagged.

I know Dieter is still waiting on an official response from Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    A call this morning indicated Palm still has the 1.03 models flagged.

I know Dieter is still waiting on an official response from Palm
    I think he got one and posted it on the main page:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2543-1.htm
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    1.04 on ebay is the same price as the the 1.03
    I agree that they shouldn't be the same price - not with the possible risks involved with the 1.03.

Quote Originally Posted by aero;
    it wasn't their fault, it was the ebayers.
    That fits in with my motive for this thread.

All in All,
    It may all work itself out.
    But, in the meantime, I want to do my best to inform my fellow TC members.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I think he got one and posted it on the main page:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2543-1.htm
    actually, it wasn't the follow up clarification we were looking for from them

there response was a general one but really didn't touch on the 1.03/1.04 issue--i.e. what is Palm's official stance on the 1.03 and warranties? What is the difference between the two? etc.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Of course I purchased from ebay, from "idreamofwireless" BEFORE finding this thread and inquiring about v 1.04 vs v 1.03.

I sent 1 email on the 28th and 1 today on the 30th asking if it was version 1.04 or v.1.03. I haven't heard anything back from them yet but I hope they will exchange or refund if its v1.03, since they have done this for other customers.

When I get it, I plan to call palm right away and very the s/n to see if its flagged, what version of the software it might have and if its warrantied.

Personally I think this company should very specifically say what version they are selling on the auction, as they are fully aware of the problem. Although Ive done it before, its a hassle doing a paypal disputer and I really hate leaving negative feedback.

In any event I will keep this thread advised of the situation moving forward, maybe its actually a 1.04......
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    Of course I purchased from ebay, from "idreamofwireless" BEFORE finding this thread and inquiring about v 1.04 vs v 1.03.

I sent 1 email on the 28th and 1 today on the 30th asking if it was version 1.04 or v.1.03. I haven't heard anything back from them yet but I hope they will exchange or refund if its v1.03, since they have done this for other customers.

When I get it, I plan to call palm right away and very the s/n to see if its flagged, what version of the software it might have and if its warrantied.

Personally I think this company should very specifically say what version they are selling on the auction, as they are fully aware of the problem. Although Ive done it before, its a hassle doing a paypal disputer and I really hate leaving negative feedback.

In any event I will keep this thread advised of the situation moving forward, maybe its actually a 1.04......
    I have an 03v brought from Idealwireless also, the deal went very well and the phone has no issues.

i have registered the phone with palm , and no worries activating it with sprint.

The only people who seem to have issues are readers of this type of forum, i am sure you read his feedback before you brought, and you would see nobody is complaining so why does he have to post which version he his selling?

** as already posted on this site SPRINT is doing the warranty work and again it has been posted over at sprintusergroup people have replaced thier phones.

good luck on whatever you decide to do.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    i completely agree with you but in my experience with treo / palm (i have owned every single model) those little firmware changes can make the difference from being on the phone all day with treo or in the store all day with sprint. i have no patience to deal with that now a days.

if they are upgrading the firmware this early, im not taking chances. personally i love the forums for just this type of knowledge.

i just returned the phone to the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    I have an 03v brought from Idealwireless also, the deal went very well and the phone has no issues.

i have registered the phone with palm , and no worries activating it with sprint.

The only people who seem to have issues are readers of this type of forum, i am sure you read his feedback before you brought, and you would see nobody is complaining so why does he have to post which version he his selling?

** as already posted on this site SPRINT is doing the warranty work and again it has been posted over at sprintusergroup people have replaced thier phones.

I also bought from idreamofwireless before I knew all this. So, I emailed him twice before shipment to stop the transaction. He ignored all my emails until after shipping. Avoid this seller!
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    I also bought from idreamofwireless before I knew all this. So, I emailed him twice before shipment to stop the transaction. He ignored all my emails until after shipping. Avoid this seller!
    Yeah, and then if you leave him negative feedback he will open a Non Paying Bidder dispute and hit you with an unpaid item strike. Well, at least that's what he did to me. I had to email ebay and give them all the proof I had that I had paid (including an email from seller, thru ebay messaging, stating he had offered me a full refund if I returned the item. I asked ebay what kind of idiotic seller would not only ship an item that had never been paid for, but even offer a refund on a payment he had never received ). Anyway, ebay promptly removed the strike.

And, on top of that, he left me positive feedback that very same day, about 4 hrs after hitting me with an unpaid item strike .

Avoid idreamofwireless at ALL costs. He is really cookoo. imho
    You can always refuse shipment, and then dispute the charges with however you paid.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    You can always refuse shipment, and then dispute the charges with however you paid.

Except that he sends through USPS and I can't sit by the mailbox all day waiting on the mailman.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post

Just a follow up to my post I had 2 conversations with palm support today both came back with the same message, there is a warranty for 1.03 owners.If you read the thread you notice I was also confirming a previous conversation with another rep

So 2 PALM reps say there is a warranty on .03 treo pro's

3:59 PM Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app04.logmeinrescue.com...
    3:59 PM Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    4:01 PM Support session established with Iris.
    4:02 PM Iris: Hello
    4:02 PM Iris: Could you be more specific?
    4:03 PM XXXXXX: hey Iris was just talking with Vinal, tired to C&P our thread to keep but some thing happened.
    4:04 PM XXXXXX: My question is concerning rom 1.03 on a treo pro she said there was no update to 1.04 which is strange but she said not worry there was little difference she also assured me i was covered warranty wise if i have 1.03? just want to confirm
    4:09 PM Iris: Just to confirm, you are using Sprint carrier device
    4:09 PM Iris: Am I correct?
    4:10 PM XXXXXX: yes
    4:10 PM Iris: Okay
    4:10 PM Iris: The information provided by Vinal is correct
    4:11 PM XXXXXX: so I have 1 year warranty with Palm/sprint
    4:11 PM Iris: Yes
    4:11 PM Iris: You are correct
    4:11 PM XXXXXX: You are the best Thank you
    4:11 PM Iris: You will have 1 year warranty on all Smartphones
    4:11 PM Iris: I appreciate for understanding
    4:12 PM Iris: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
    Last edited by sjjones; 04/30/2009 at 04:02 PM.
    Except that he sends through USPS and I can't sit by the mailbox all day waiting on the mailman.
    Take it unopened to the post office and ask them to mark it "Return to Sender - Refused". It won't cost you anything as long as it is unopened.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Great idea. I paid through Paypal using my credit card as the source. Do I go through Paypal or my credit card?

I just left him negative feedback. I note his item description states that if you leave neg feedback then "we must consider the sale final if negative/ neutral feedback is posted"
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Great idea. I paid through Paypal using my credit card as the source. Do I go through Paypal or my credit card?

I just left him negative feedback. I note his item description states that if you leave neg feedback then "we must consider the sale final if negative/ neutral feedback is posted"

My opinion the 1st thing you wrong was to leave negative feedback before you had even spoken with him? the auction only finished the 28th???? Some of these ebayers are not real quick getting to people especially when they have a lot auctions going on?

How do you know he would not of sent you a 04 that you were desperate to have in exchange the 03 for your $187??? (a steal)

Its not like he can steal for money you paid via cc ? and the guy has had 800 plus positive transactions?????

You panicked
    Last edited by sjjones; 04/30/2009 at 04:24 PM.

You can do both. If you dispute the charges on your credit card, they will return the charges to PayPal, who will then return it to the seller. If you file a dispute with PayPal, they give you a few days to work it out with the seller, then you can escalate it to file a claim.

I've been on both sides of this situation. As a seller, I sold a DVD to someone. Never heard from him after selling it. Three weeks later I get a dispute notice from PayPal stating that he had not received the item. I replied to them, showing them the copy of the post office receipt that I had mailed it. They settled in his favor and took the money from my account. The reason they gave was that since he had paid with his credit card and then disputed the charges on his card there was nothing they could do. They refused to take the money out of his paypal account. So I was out of luck. It was only $10 but still, the guy not only got the DVD but he got his money back as well. That is one of the loopholes in both eBay and PayPal's seller protection programs.

As for his comments on feedback affecting the status of the sale, that is something that eBay would not allow, since it amounts to what they call "feedback extortion". Go to their site index, and look up that expression and you'll see what I mean.

You may have jumped the gun on leaving - feedback so soon. It is always the last thing I do, that way it can't have an impact on any negotiations that I have to go through. One thing, sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers. They say it helps protect buyers from untrustworthy sellers, but now there is nothing to protect sellers from untrustworthy buyers (and believe me, they are out there - I'm dealing with one right now).

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast