[mod edit] let's keep this about 1.03 and 1.04 [mod edit]
  2.    #182  
    Now come on!

Please set the record straight:

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It really makes me wonder.
    How did an ebay seller end up with so many 1.03's
    Palm asked all 1.03's to be returned.
    If they got them legitimately, why can't they just get Palm/Sprint to swap them out with 1.04's?
    Why are you selling 1.03? it wasn't supposed to be released.
    How'd you get them?
    Why don't you get them swapped out for 1.04?

Edit:
    Welcome to TC
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Yeah, I'd really like to see the answers to these questions.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    The amount of lies in this post is staggering.

As I stated before, he answered emails regarding the phone already shipped. He ignored emails regarding the auction that had not shipped. I even resent the emails to him for proof.

He is correct that he only emailed a threat to sue. He fails to mention the late night phone call to call nasty names and to threaten violence. Again, reported to ebay.

thewirelessdream, just to correct you, I am not a "****ing filthy jewboy". I don't know how you presume to know my religious background but you are all wrong. I will let ebay handle it from here.

Again people, just beware of dealing with this lunatic.
    If all these reports of personal attacks are correct, this is enough for me to never even consider buying from this person, I don't care how cheap the phones may be.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    dreamofwireless>ivhs ur losing right now, ball was in ur field and u just fumbled. Has anyone noticed that theres been reported, mainly postive by customers who bought from me who stated they were satisfied with there purchase inadditon being offered an exchange... obviously i'm a nice guy, but when people kick you long and hard you get fed up. When someone lies on you, that's just going too far. I've had enough, if you can find anyone here who can say i never offered them a refund or an exchange for there purchase then say something. Otherwise you have nothing bad you can say about me
    Phone diva, don't buy from me, i dont want you as a customer, if you read this guys statements you can realise he's an ***** and is a liar. Be logical, why would i call him threatning him, how does that benefit me... guy purchased on 28th, paids the 29th, left negative feedback on the 30th. Many others noted he got nervous and over reacted now he fabricating a story for all of your sympathy. Ebay removed his negative feedback for a reason.... need i say more? my business is to provide for the smart consumer at a good price. Not consumer who reads forums... to be honest, you really have no proof i am who i said i am but your going along with it aren't you?
  6.    #186  
    Do you plan on answering these?:

If they got them legitimately, why can't they just get Palm/Sprint to swap them out with 1.04's?
    How'd you get them?

Edit:
    Welcome to TC
    Just call me Berd.
    Heres a new story, 1.03 is a special edition that warrents you no charge romaning! i bet you would all beleive that ... well atleast untill you get your phone bill lol. I might be getting off arrgoant here but half of you are listening to people who know nothing
    berk, who said palm asked all 1.03 to be returned? where on palms website does it say that?
    In additon, did you read the forum? I've sold 1.03 and 1.04's why aren't you asking how didnt i get so many 1.04s? lol... maybe you aren't aware because only people with 1.03 are complaining? it' human nature to forget all the good and only worry about the bad. If a man gives away millon dollars today but steals a millon tomorrow... no one remembers yesterdays
    Last edited by thewirelessdream; 05/01/2009 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewirelessdream View Post
    In additon, did you read the forum? I've sold 1.03 and 1.04's why aren't you asking how didnt i get so many 1.04s? lol... maybe you aren't aware because only people with 1.03 are complaining? it' human nature to forget all the good and only worry about the bad. If a man gives away millon dollars today but steals a millon tomorrow... no one remembers yesterdays
    Can you guarantee 1.04s?
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    nope, i'm not opening up anymore phones to check, then the customer complains why the item was not sealed.
  12.    #192  
    Heres a new story, 1.03 is a special edition that warrents you no charge romaning! i bet you would all beleive that ... well atleast untill you get your phone bill lol. I might be getting off arrgoant here but half of you are listening to people who know nothing
    Please set the record straight - you in the know?
    Just call me Berd.
    the know? i'm not following?
    nope, i'm not opening up anymore phones to check, then the customer complains why the item was not sealed.
    Oh, wow... then the batch you purchased must be lumped together with 1.03s and 1.04s.

Interesting.

Thanks for the reply.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    exactly, which is why some received 1.03 and others 1.04
  17.    #197  
    If all of this is wrong:
    Here's what we know:

I trust Dieter

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2543-1.htm

How'd you get them?

Edit:
    Welcome to TC
    I've unsticked the 'Flagged' and 'Authorized Release' Threads.
    Because I honestly feel all this is now mute.

My intentions weren't to Shock TC members into avoiding Ebay.

All was motivated by the experiences and info from TC members I trust.

We know that Best Buy accidentally started selling stock that Palm/Sprint wanted sent back.
    Who else got those we don't know.
    Obviously Ebay sellers have a supply.
    We know those were 1.03.
    We know the Official/Authorized release treo Pro's are 1.04.

That's what we know from Very Very Reliable Sources.

We shouldn't be surprised that Palm never sent a public notice out, because this was an internal fumble.

Very Very Reliable sources have said that Stock was sent to Stores, and then told to Not Sale, but rather, to send them back.

The SW version before and after add even more support to this.

What needed fixing was never leaked.
    This is all I could find using google.

Sprint Treo Pro not being released the 15th, new date TBD : Boy Genius Report

Sprint Treo Pro getting delayed into a bleak, uncertain future?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...elease-25.html

The 'Very Very Reliable' sources I mentioned I will leave to them.
    I won't for courtesy to them.
    If they feel like posting great.

Sounds fishy huh - Sorry.

Like I said; the 'whats and whys' are prolly mute now.

Personally, if I was buying from Ebay I would want a 1.04
    (Call me paranoideded by propaganda.)

Couple more links I found.

Sprint Treo Pro delayed until February 15th : Boy Genius Report

Sprint Treo Pro Release Delayed - Treonauts
    Do you know something we don't?
    Why can't you get your 1.03's swapped?
    Just call me Berd.
  18.    #198  
    Hey mal

do you know if the 1.03 are an Official release?
    Just call me Berd.
    question, when you typically purchase an item form a store, i don't think many people would assume to ask for the software version. Especially when you runaware of two versions running, untill someone started a thread and started saying not warrentable or insurable then it became a big problem. if 1 in every 100 customers complains with an elecotrnic device. Then you don't have a problem and i still dont think there is a problem. I've been to stores that have older version of cell phones, is anyone aware of there being two differnt software version of the 8330 on the market? Does that mean if someone is selling the older one it means its a recalled? lol if u want the asnwer do some research
    Wirelessdream, you need to start your damage control over on the Sprintuser forum also:

Don't buy from ebay seller: idreamofwireless. He has a history of selling 1.03 and he knows about it. When I contacted him about it he started giving me attitude and telling me there is no difference at all between the two and that the warranty is still intact. I did not return because I could see this guy not refunding my money for some stupid reason like "not returning it in the same condition it was shipped". The guy is an a**hole. Dont buy from him. Im gonna go to a sprint store and see if I can get it updated. Anyone have any luck updating to 1.04 in florida?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's