Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Got my Sprint Pro from Ebay today. Won it Tues evening and it was here by 1pm central standard. Paid $225 (no shipping). When I got it I made sure it was the new version and all is well. In case anyone is looking I can recommend besteelectronics_1 as a seller.

Waiting to activate it tomorrow when my case gets here. I can guarantee if I took it to work tomorrow without a case I'd drop it.

Looking forward to learning WinMo. I really appreciate all the help I've already received.

Karen
    Congrats!

Just in case,
    call Palm and make sure it's covered under warranty.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just got mine from Ebay yesterday as well...I must admit, I was skeptical about having problems with it, but it's version 1.04, and I was able to activate it with no problem whatsoever! I paid $213/free shipping, and don't have to be locked into a 2 year contract...it's a beautiful thing.

My last phone was the HTC Touch Pro....which I've had for about 6 months...it looked nice, but they aren't kidding when they say looks aren't everything. The battery life was TERRIBLE! I missed soooooo many phone calls/text messages/voicemails that I couldn't continue to use it.

My first full day with the Treo Pro has been nice...it may not be as sexy as the HTC device, but it's definitely much better marriage material, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by c23rainman View Post
    I just got mine from Ebay yesterday as well...I must admit, I was skeptical about having problems with it, but it's version 1.04, and I was able to activate it with no problem whatsoever! I paid $213/free shipping, and don't have to be locked into a 2 year contract...it's a beautiful thing.
    Would you mind sharing the name of the seller, so others may attempt to get a 1.04 firmware version STP?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Congrats!

Just in case,
    call Palm and make sure it's covered under warranty.
    Yes, please do call or chat with Palm to check on the serial number and supportability and share their response.
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlee12 View Post
    Would you mind sharing the name of the seller, so others may attempt to get a 1.04 firmware version STP?
    Good idea!
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlee12 View Post
    that would probably help huh? haha. The seller was ryanpat11. I inquired about whether I was purchasing a 1.03 or 1.04, and was told that he had both, so I asked for a 1.04, and that's what I got.
  8.    #8  

My last phone was the HTC Touch Pro....which I've had for about 6 months...it looked nice, but they aren't kidding when they say looks aren't everything. The battery life was TERRIBLE! I missed soooooo many phone calls/text messages/voicemails that I couldn't continue to use it.

My first full day with the Treo Pro has been nice...it may not be as sexy as the HTC device, but it's definitely much better marriage material, haha.
    Congrats! I bet you were the one that beat me out of the first phone I tried bidding on
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Congrats! I bet you were the one that beat me out of the first phone I tried bidding on
    Thanks! congrats to you as well, for getting 1.04 on ebay!

I'm computer/ppc stupid, so learning how to use this phone to it's fullest capability is going to take some time. I'm still trying to download opera mobile, and even after reading a couple threads in here, having no luck! haha
  10.    #10  
    Sounds like we're in the same boat
    that would probably help huh? haha. The seller was ryanpat11. I inquired about whether I was purchasing a 1.03 or 1.04, and was told that he had both, so I asked for a 1.04, and that's what I got.
    I used this seller as well and got 1.03 the first time (I assumed I was getting the latest and greatest). I contacted him and he sent out the 1.04 the same day. As soon as I receive it, I will send back the old.

Seems like a good guy to work with. Got it for $225.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamlroy View Post
    I used this seller as well and got 1.03 the first time (I assumed I was getting the latest and greatest). I contacted him and he sent out the 1.04 the same day. As soon as I receive it, I will send back the old.

Seems like a good guy to work with. Got it for $225.
    I emailed that seller... told me there was not much of a difference in 1.03 and 1.04... then said his/her competitors was putting out wrong information. In addition stated that if I wanted, I could take 1.03 and trade it in at sprint since it came with a 1 year warranty.

Never did answer if he/she had a 1.04 available or if I could get the phone for $225. The reply was a rant... lol
    Last edited by theog; 04/10/2009 at 04:35 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    In addition stated that if I wanted, I could take 1.03 and trade it in at sprint since it came with a 1 year warranty.
    that seller is committing outright fraud by making such a statements. amazing.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Bump. Anyone else with good ebay sellers for their 1.04 Sprint TP? (With price paid too if you don't mind.) Thanks.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Bump. Anyone else with good ebay sellers for their 1.04 Sprint TP? (With price paid too if you don't mind.) Thanks.
    Are you jumping too?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'm too old and lazy to jump. So, I'll have to settle for a bump.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    I'm too old and lazy to jump. So, I'll have to settle for a bump.

I know there was at least one seller that specifically advertised 1.04 firmware, not sure if anyone from here purchased from him though.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Are you jumping too?
    I'm embarrassed to say I didn't understand what you meant at first. (Thought you were just joking about posting a "bump."

After eating lunch and having some caffeine, I now realize what you meant.

I'm seriously debating getting a TP. I still love my 800w, but and now worried that I've been lucky and mine might die suddenly one day.

I usually like to have a backup device anyway since I like to beta test and still need my device for work, so this might not be a bad choice with the decent prices on ebay.

Just thinking...
    I'm seriously debating getting a TP. I still love my 800w, but and now worried that I've been lucky and mine might die suddenly one day.
    I usually like to have a backup device anyway since I like to beta test and still need my device for work, so this might not be a bad choice with the decent prices on ebay.
    Just thinking...
    The ebay prices certainly make it compelling without using up any contract or yearly discount. Of course the ebay prices may drop even more when pre comes out.
    I just won a treo pro on ebay for $203.50. I emailed the seller to let him know that i requesting version 1.04 and not 1.03. I'll let you guys know what his response is and how it goes. If all goes well i will have now have an HTC Touch Pro and a Palm Treo Pro as my back up
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast