Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As much as I hate to say it, I have returned my treo pro. I just got too many missed calls, too many time saying "hello twice", and other small wm bugs started driving me crazy. I get 70-80 calls a day and cant afford to have a fun device over a dependable device.

I will never talk smack about the treo pro. I feel it is a great improvment over the 800w. It just didn't work for me.

This is not a post to sway others to return the treo pro, nor to prevent people from buying. It's just me saying good buy to a great group of people and the best froum on the web.

Thanks, Cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Cody, what device are you using now and are you waiting on the pre
    Cody, have you ever used the same device for over 6 months ?
    Sorry to see you leave, but I certainly understand. Good luck and hope you find that perfect device. Make sure you tell us when you do.
    let us know which device you go to!
    always searching for the light..
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-Troy View Post
    Cody, what device are you using now and are you waiting on the pre
    I'm using the blackberry curve. Pre?... I was, but now I thinking I going to pass. I hate buying and returning devices. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Cody, have you ever used the same device for over 6 months ?
    not really, I used the treo 700wx for like 10 months. I got the curve in may and even though i have strayed, trying the touch pro, diamond, 800w, and treo pro, i returned back to it. you could almost say i have stuck with the curve the longest. 11 months now. I do get new customer price on EVERY device i have ever had though. most i sold for more than i paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Sorry to see you leave, but I certainly understand. Good luck and hope you find that perfect device. Make sure you tell us when you do.
    There is no such thing. the treo pro may have been the closest in a long time though. i really like wm and wanted it to work out. i have no land line at work and I'm the supervisor, so i must be reachable at all times. employer does like wm. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bricks View Post
    let us know which device you go to!
    i really think i am going to stay with blackberry. it doesn't do everything, that's for sure, but what it does do it does good. wm = pda first, phone second. blackberry = phone first, pda second. phone is most important to me.

This is not and will not be a blackberry vs wm debate thread. that is why i didn't say anything about a different device in the first post. This is a treo forum and should stay that way. i only answered questions which brought up the blackberry.

I will miss tc. that's forsure

Cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 04/09/2009 at 09:55 AM.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    codyppc when the Pre comes out you should deff give it a try
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i really think i am going to stay with blackberry. it doesn't do everything, that's for sure, but what it does do it does good. wm = pda first, phone second. blackberry = phone first, pda second. phone is most important to me.
    Hmmm...maybe WM Standard is a better option? That is certainly phone first, pda second type OS.

The upcoming Sprint "Cedar" is looking to be a nice BB competitor. Only thing it is missing (and which makes it "low-cost", is Wifi). Basically its a thinner/smaller profile Q9c, or more accurately it's a Treo Pro with WM Standard (look at the top half of the device only). Look for a late June/July release on that one.

Samsung Ace II will be good for WM Pro and it's a GSM worldphone.

...and I think the Pre is just amazing looking, kinda can't wait for that one myself.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 04/09/2009 at 11:05 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Hah, Cody I knew it! Given your requirements, I think you're right though and I'd be surprised if you find another smart phone anytime soon that works as reliable as your Curve.

Too bad you can't keep a work phone AND a play phone
    Sorry to see you go. Will miss your input and hard work.

Just so everyone knows I have not had any complaints of missed calls, nor am I aware of any missed calls. My experience with my STP reception is that it is better than my 700wx. I receive signal in areas where my calls dropped with the 700wx and have a stronger signal overall.

I have had it for 3 weeks now and am totally impressed with the quality of this phone. The bluetooth dropping issues I was having with my 700wx are gone even with using the same Plantronics 640 headset. EVDO revA is awesome and the wifi works great. Tether easily with WMwifiRouter 1.25 with great speeds up to 2783 Kbs on DSLreports and have sustained actual downloads of files at 312 KBs on my laptop.

My only complaint so far is that I have not been able to successfully load SPB Mobile Shell. It installs but won't run - not sure if related to RealVGA set to 96dpi or not and am not will to uninstall it nor do a hard reset to try and get it working so am using a combination of SPB Pocket Plus and Phone Messenger instead. Otherwise every application that I enjoyed on the 700wx I have gotten to run very well on the STP.
    I will agree that the Treo Pro is a PDA first and phone second but that is what I enjoy about it. My wife needs, just like you, a phone first and a PDA second and has also gone with a Blackberry Curve. Good luck and hope to see around again as I have found your insight and input into resolving issues and adding functionality to be amazing. You have helped me with MANY issues on both the Treo Pro and the 700wx and want you to know that you have been greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Cody,
    I am going to miss you. In the past with my 6800 you helped my out more than you will ever know. Most of the mods I have done was with your help.
    Take care and good luck with the new phone.
    Tim
    Why not just get another one? Is this something everyone is experiencing? I read that thread but there were not many who had this issues.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    You have a lot of friends here.
    I'm another that will miss you.

I do think you should ask to swap it out.
    Or at least buy one of those non-warranted 1.03's, and stay here.
    Use your BB for a phone and tinker with the Treo.
    You know you want to.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, I have returned my treo pro. I just got too many missed calls, too many time saying "hello twice", and other small wm bugs started driving me crazy. I get 70-80 calls a day and cant afford to have a fun device over a dependable device.

I will never talk smack about the treo pro. I feel it is a great improvment over the 800w. It just didn't work for me.

This is not a post to sway others to return the treo pro, nor to prevent people from buying. It's just me saying good buy to a great group of people and the best froum on the web.

Thanks, Cody
    Sorry to see you go, Cody. Thanks very much for all your posts and work with the TP. I would be glad to see you return!
  16. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    codyppc, sorry to see you go. I will miss you, always looked forward to your posts.

Good luck with whichever device you decide to go with.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Thanks for your contributions codyppc. I know I've certainly benefitted from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    codyppc, sorry to see you go. I will miss you, always looked forward to your posts.

Good luck with whichever device you decide to go with.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by davidck65 View Post

My only complaint so far is that I have not been able to successfully load SPB Mobile Shell. It installs but won't run - not sure if related to RealVGA set to 96dpi or not and am not will to uninstall it nor do a hard reset to try and get it working so am using a combination of SPB Pocket Plus and Phone Messenger instead. Otherwise every application that I enjoyed on the 700wx I have gotten to run very well on the STP.
    The current version of SPB Mobile Shell doesn't support RealVGA 96dpi as per their forum. Time will only tell if version 3 will have that support.....hopefully we'll know something soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    The current version of SPB Mobile Shell doesn't support RealVGA 96dpi as per their forum. Time will only tell if version 3 will have that support.....hopefully we'll know something soon.
    Yea I found that out this morning before going to work when I loaded RealVGA and Mobile Shell would not run. So I uninstalled RealVGA....Mobile Shell wins out over it for me....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast