Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. #21  
    I'm not surprised. lol Sucks that some WM phones just don't get reception as good as some dumbphones. I miss a call every once in awhile with my Curve but it doesn't happen as much as did with the 800w (when I heard it ring). lol
  2. #22  
    So far for me my STP has been much better at receiving calls. I call my cell a lot when I'm testing TA and so far it only missed on 1 call out of hundreds. My 800w would miss about 30 out of 100 and if you believe the signal strength meter you would think it would be the opposite result.
  3. #23  
    I still don't understand why he didn't just get a replacement. Seems everyone else has not even had this issue.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  4. #24  
    damn you treo pro...

    thanks for all the good stuff over the years cody......
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I still don't understand why he didn't just get a replacement. Seems everyone else has not even had this issue.
    Sometimes there's issues with new phones but after all the 800w issues I probably wouldn't give the Treo Pro a second chance either.
  6. bacon225's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #26  
    Cody,
    A good friend of a friends, friend that I know has heard from a good source. That the Curve has been discontinued and all of them world wide will be recalled and destroyed.
    So you are going to have to stay here and stay with the Pro.
    Sorry to bring you the bad news.

    tim
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    So far for me my STP has been much better at receiving calls. I call my cell a lot when I'm testing TA and so far it only missed on 1 call out of hundreds. My 800w would miss about 30 out of 100 and if you believe the signal strength meter you would think it would be the opposite result.
    Same here, lower meter bars on the Pro than the 800w, but better reception, I think I would have swapped Pro's before throwing in the towel
  8. rmhale's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #28  
    Reception for me on the Treo Pro has been the best so far over any WM Professional phone I've had and I've too many to list here... There is a remarkable improvement on the bluetooth connections too... Seems this phone has accomplished for me what I need in a pda phone...

    I too am VERY SORRY to see you go Cody, you had helped me out with some really sweet registry cabs...

    Till later...
  9. #29  
    good riddance

    j/k
  10. #30  
    Cody,

    Thanks. Your CAB's have made things easy on me. I still have a BB Curve so anytime you want to start writing progs. for that and need testers, sign me up.

    I know his body is not even cold yet but does anybody have the knowledge to take over his CAB section? Seems like such a waste to let all his hard work become stagnant.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The upcoming Sprint "Cedar" is looking to be a nice BB competitor. Only thing it is missing (and which makes it "low-cost", is Wifi). Basically its a thinner/smaller profile Q9c, or more accurately it's a Treo Pro with WM Standard (look at the top half of the device only). Look for a late June/July release on that one.
    I've been playing with the Cedar the past few days, and it's definitely a well made budget WinMo phone. Standard is a LOT better than it was with my original WM5 Q, the case feels like the same build quality and plastic as the Treo Pro, they keyboard is VERY nice as well. It will probably be $75-$100 for new customers.
  12.    #32  
    i'm not going to argue with the "you should have just swaped the device out for a new one" comments. i had two big issues that no one else really had. could have been just a bad phone.

    years ago i had more time to play with windows mobile and loved it. now with work being different and the kids being older, i find my time limited. if you dont have time to put into windows mobile, it's not as good and not as fun. with blackberry, there is nothing really to play with so it doesn't take any of my time.

    as time goes on things change. i may be changing companys in may and they want to hook me up with a tmobile phone. i have always wanted to go into gsm with all the unlocked devices and sim cards to switch when ever you wanted. with sprint i really cant.

    i will say that my leave is not for ever. treo will always have a speical place in my heart. it's a love/hate thing. lol.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  13. #33  
    Cody:

    Thanks for all your significant contributions here!

    Just in case this helps: wrt to missed calls, i've not had that problem with my GSM treo pro and phone rings on my end on the first ring on the caller's end. There have been reports in the past that having voice command enabled causes a delay in the ring which sometimes caused the call to switch to voicemail before it cold be picked up. IIRC, the solution was to either disable voice command or change the carrier setting on how much time before the network switched the call to voicemail.

    G
  14. #34  
    No need to ask for forgiveness. Only you knows what is best for you. Thanks for everything you have done!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i'm not going to argue with the "you should have just swaped the device out for a new one" comments. i had two big issues that no one else really had. could have been just a bad phone.

    years ago i had more time to play with windows mobile and loved it. now with work being different and the kids being older, i find my time limited. if you dont have time to put into windows mobile, it's not as good and not as fun. with blackberry, there is nothing really to play with so it doesn't take any of my time.

    as time goes on things change. i may be changing companys in may and they want to hook me up with a tmobile phone. i have always wanted to go into gsm with all the unlocked devices and sim cards to switch when ever you wanted. with sprint i really cant.

    i will say that my leave is not for ever. treo will always have a speical place in my heart. it's a love/hate thing. lol.
    If you go with Tmobile, it would interesting if you got an unlocked Treo Pro and see how it performs in the unlocked world as compared to the CDMA market. My daughter uses a BB curve on Tmobile and love it.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  16. #36  
    I am also returning the phone for the ame reason, to many lost calls. I have had enough phones to know it is not the server, it is the phone. They also do not always show on call history. I love the phone and the case is awesome. I hate the idea of trying a slider, but if it will do what is needed simply I will learn to love it. PHONE, pda, email.
  17. #37  
    Mine Treo Pro is going back as well. My main reason is battery life. I need a phone that will make it through an 8 hr work day. Especially when I had to shell out full retail of $550.
  18. bacon225's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    Mine Treo Pro is going back as well. My main reason is battery life. I need a phone that will make it through an 8 hr work day. Especially when I had to shell out full retail of $550.
    What phone will you be going with to get more battery life?
    I have had 3 different WM phone before this one and it beats them all by a long shot.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by bacon225 View Post
    What phone will you be going with to get more battery life?
    I have had 3 different WM phone before this one and it beats them all by a long shot.
    The only one I know is the Q9C... not that it is the same as the Pro... no touchscreen.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  20. #40  
    theog...I have to agree w/you the Q9C is by far the most reliable smartphone I've own..a little in the thick side BUT loud speaker, crazy battery life and heavy duty phone over all, the wify has the Q9C and yes the TreoPro is a nicer slimmer phone but I still have mix feeling about returning within 30 days, we'll see what the non WM PRE could offer..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions