Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    It seems that lately when using my 800W and it is in my pocket I tend to hit a bunch of buttons and when I pull it out of my pocket, all kinds of programs are running.. in fact, today I found it in LOCKED MODE ... is there any program that doesnt require a lot of memory I can use as extra protection so I cant press buttons without unlocking the phone first? on that works on the 800W without any issues and doesnt have issues when you are trying to answer an incoming call.

Thanks...
    I'm a fan of throttle lock. throttlelauncher. com/portal/downloads/57-tlock/100-throttle-lock-06

(remove the space between . and com my post count isn't high enough to post links)
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Is there anything that doesnt block the today screen?? I need to find something because again, a whole bunch of items were launched when I had the 800W in my pocket tonight..
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I also need to be able to answer calls while its locked, see caller ID, use my galarm program etc...
    I haven't used anything that doesn't cover the today screen. But I've only used a few programs.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I tried S2U2 BUT when it shuts off the phone, I cant turn the phone back on for 3-5 minutes.. anyone know why?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Couldn't you just use the regular key-guard? My phone has never unlocked itself from that.

Also, there's a setting you can enable that would have you type a password to undo the key-guard—if you have extra tight pants or something.

The buttons will automatically unlock themselves when receiving an incoming call, and the first option works with gAlarm (not sure about the second, but I would think it plays nice).
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    What I find weird is that if I enable the keyguard, it still launches the apps. For example, if keyguard is on, but I hit the e-mail button, it opens the e-mail box, but says keyguard is on. Kind of defeats the purpose, to me. I'd think the keyguard would let me hit any of those keys to turn on the screen, but I'd have to unlock it before it would actually open the inbox (or start menu or whatever). Maybe that's just me....
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Same here.. I have the keyguard turned on and any of the keys (except the keyboard itself) turn the unit on and then I can press any of the program keys launch a program WITH the keyguard on. Is there not a way to prevent this?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I actually got to use a Centro for a while a couple of days ago. I think the issue you are talking about is actually a "feature". I remember it doing that with my 755p, and now with the Centro.

I think the purpose is so that you can check your emails and calender without having to actually unlock the phone.

...So if that's true, there is no fix for this because there is nothing to be fixed.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    HOWEVER, there has to be someone who wrote some kind of software to FIX this issue. I dont like having many many program randomally started because the phone was in my pocket and the buttons got hit.. I also have had my calendar start up and appointments entered with random junk because buttons were hit. If there isnt one, someone out there should make one..
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    I tried S2U2 BUT when it shuts off the phone, I cant turn the phone back on for 3-5 minutes.. anyone know why?
    anyone???
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I'm guessing no one has a fix for this issue. I wish there was a way to replace or add to the built in keyguard to fix the issue with hitting the butons while in your pocket and having it run programs..