Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Man I really want to like Pocket Music. I've tried it along with Pocket Player for the past couple of days and the sound quality for Pocket Music seems much better, even after playing with both EQs. However, Pocket Music makes things a lil frustrating when trying to choose music, and the dealbreaker for me is at the end of a track or a couple of tracks the music starts stuttering to the point of being unplayable. The only remedy is to restart the program.

Has anyone else had that problem with Pocket Music? That's the major dealbreaker for me. Mine says it's version 5.2.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Man I really want to like Pocket Music. I've tried it along with Pocket Player for the past couple of days and the sound quality for Pocket Music seems much better, even after playing with both EQs. However, Pocket Music makes things a lil frustrating when trying to choose music, and the dealbreaker for me is at the end of a track or a couple of tracks the music starts stuttering to the point of being unplayable. The only remedy is to restart the program.

Has anyone else had that problem with Pocket Music? That's the major dealbreaker for me. Mine says it's version 5.2.
    No stuttering whatsoever for me. I even use it with A2DP settings maxed out.
    I'm just using it via the 3.5mm jack. 5.2 is the latest version right?

I can recreate it every time by skipping to the end of a track. Once it goes to the next track it stutters big time.
    I'm just using it via the 3.5mm jack. 5.2 is the latest version right?

I can recreate it every time by skipping to the end of a track. Once it goes to the next track it stutters big time.
    Yeah, 5.2 is the latest. Did you try playing with the different sound effects settings? Maybe something there is causing the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yeah, 5.2 is the latest. Did you try playing with the different sound effects settings? Maybe something there is causing the problem?
    Nope even with all the sound settings turned off it does the same thing. That and it can't keep playing music with the screen off. Stinks... I like the sound quality of this program the best.
    Nope even with all the sound settings turned off it does the same thing. That and it can't keep playing music with the screen off. Stinks... I like the sound quality of this program the best.
    dunno. I wonder what's different for me. I've never tried plugging in headphones. I always use my S9's over bluetooth and it plays with the screen off fine. I think bluetooth allows the screen off without suspend. There is also a way to define a key to turn off the screen in Pocket Music. Maybe if you disable suspend in battery settings and use Pocket Music display off it will keep going for you.

Btw, which TP do you have? GSM, STP (1.03 or 1.04)?

Oh and I'm using SRS WOW, but I didn't have the stuttering issue before that either.
    I've got the official Sprint version. I don't have bluetooth headphones... not yet anyway. I tried messing with the settings and everything... no dice. I found an option that says "disable device sleep when playing" which means it'll keep it on while playing and never go to sleep.

Guess I'll keep looking for a player. I like the quality of Pocket Tunes but man it's expensive.
    I've got the official Sprint version. I don't have bluetooth headphones... not yet anyway. I tried messing with the settings and everything... no dice. I found an option that says "disable device sleep when playing" which means it'll keep it on while playing and never go to sleep.

Guess I'll keep looking for a player. I like the quality of Pocket Tunes but man it's expensive.
    Same device as mine. hmm. What do you have Decoder thread priority set to? Mine is Normal (default). Also check your wav driver priority.

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev\Priority256

Mine is set to 149. You can lower that number to say 80 or so to give it a higher priority to see if that works better.
    Settings are the exact same as yours. I'm a lil leary at changing that setting in case it has side affects, and plus other players play fine.
    Hello Jaggrey, got the same problem as you with this player, couldn't find a way to correct it, and i do actually find verry hard to get a decent mp3 player on my TP, i've tryed a lot, none work fine, the only one doing his job is WM, but the button are so small...
    Glad to know I'm not the only one! Now we just need to find something that has it all together.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one! Now we just need to find something that has it all together.
    You should try the priority tweak. You can always change it back. I'm curious.

Btw, what is the media bit rate of your music that is skipping for you? I typically play 192kbps 44kHz DRM encrypted.
    Bit rate is 192 kbps, non-encrypted MP3s. It'll play the current one fine, just seems to have a problem switching tracks.

Maybe I'll try the tweak today... maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by foryoshi View Post
    Hello Jaggrey, got the same problem as you with this player, couldn't find a way to correct it, and i do actually find verry hard to get a decent mp3 player on my TP, i've tryed a lot, none work fine...
    Try Kinoma FreePlay. I'm biased, but most everybody thinks it's the cat's pajamas, and I'm sure it'll work without problems on your phone. If you love music, you'll love the thousands of built-in radio stations and other music content, too. It's free.

Kinoma - Kinoma FreePlay - Get

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Mr. Kinoma, I have just put Kinoma Free Play radio on & I must say it gives great volume & I'm listening to Allman Bros. a band I've grown up with. Thanks for the advice. It sounds Good, a Keeper.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    since this is the closest thread i've searched that talks about pocketmusic details, ill ask advice here.
    Ive downloaded pocketmusic and registered it. i can play music fine, but now i'm trying to figure out how to create a playlist. from menu, it has a playlist orginizer, which i thought would help create one. it goes through my files, but doeesn't list them. i can find my files in the middle tab, but am unsure how to put them in a playlist.
    also, what do the icons do? i can't find a users guide to point out the obvious!
    thanx!
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Mr. Kinoma, I have just put Kinoma Free Play radio on & I must say it gives great volume & I'm listening to Allman Bros. a band I've grown up with. Thanks for the advice. It sounds Good, a Keeper.
    If you listened to them in NY or NJ on the radio, I might even have been one of the on air people playing them for you. :-)

Now, to bring this back on topic, I'd be curious what else the op has installed. Something may be robbing processor cycles. Also, I recall a thread, back when I first got my GSM TP, about a similar issue. The thread would have been on here, WMExperts, xda-developers or ppcgeeks. It would have been October to December, last year. There was a tweak, possibly with Advanced Config or something similar, that eliminated the screensaver shutting off the music player. Even through several hard resets, it seems to be a registry change that stuck, so it's not something I've had to redo &, therefore, remember. But I participated in the thread, so my name & similar issues should narrow it down.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I really liked kinoma play, except any videos I recorded with my pro, kinoma wouldn't play the recorded audio. had to get a refund.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12