1.    #1  
    Ok this has been happening all day today so far. When I try to install an app from the desktop it will start the install process then I will get a message stating "you device is no longer connected" before the install completes...it does it half the time when I am just copying files to it also.
    Anybody know why it would keep dropping the connection to my PC and how to make the connection remain?
    Never had this problem with any other PocketPC I have ever owned (phone or otherwise)
    Quote Originally Posted by cybermonkey View Post
    Ok this has been happening all day today so far. When I try to install an app from the desktop it will start the install process then I will get a message stating "you device is no longer connected" before the install completes...it does it half the time when I am just copying files to it also.
    Anybody know why it would keep dropping the connection to my PC and how to make the connection remain?
    Never had this problem with any other PocketPC I have ever owned (phone or otherwise)
    Under settings, go to the system tab, then to PC setup. Make sure that's set to synchronize instead of "Set up My PC". You'll get something like the behavior you describe if the phone thinks it needs to keep trying to install ActiveSync.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Under settings, go to the system tab, then to PC setup. Make sure that's set to synchronize instead of "Set up My PC". You'll get something like the behavior you describe if the phone thinks it needs to keep trying to install ActiveSync.
    Thanks I will check that out my next mini-cigar break....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    I checked the settings and it's set to "synchronize".....any other culprits that could be causing it to do this?
  5.    #5  
    anybody have any ideas?