1.    #1  
    After a third hard reset I've noticed that I have a lot more free memory when running programs. It currently shows 77% free with a bunch of apps running:

Program
    Total 80.54
    In Use 61.41
    Free 19.13

Programs running for testing purposes are:
    Activesync
    Calculator
    Internet Explorer
    Kinoma Play
    Outlook E-Mail
    Pictures & Videos
    Pocket Express
    Pocket Tunes

I have never had this much free before? I soft reset a couple of times to see if it's the same. If I close everything other than Activesync I have 38.88 free. When I start IE I still have 53% 37.87 free?

I don't have the numbers from before but I know that when I ran some of these programs before they took up big chunks of memory. Anyone know what is causing this behavior? I like it but it doesn't seem accurate.
    The % that the task manager gives you is memory in usage. So in that case you would have 23% free. That looks about right with the stats that you posted above.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetiteNOSTRIL View Post
    The % that the task manager gives you is memory in usage. So in that case you would have 23% free.
    I knew that just wasn't stating things right. But my point is that before hard reseting the last time IE alone used much more. I was often at 90% when I would try and run IE and a couple other apps. Maybe it was messed up from the begining. Does the amount of email you sync with Exchange have an effect on free program memory? Before I was chosing to sync all messages. This time only a few days worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    I knew that just wasn't stating things right. But my point is that before hard reseting the last time IE alone used much more. I was often at 90% when I would try and run IE and a couple other apps. Maybe it was messed up from the begining. Does the amount of email you sync with Exchange have an effect on free program memory? Before I was chosing to sync all messages. This time only a few days worth.

It shouldn't change anything. But I have had a similar experience like you had. I have recently done a sprite restore and now with pocketwit and IE open I am only using 56% of my memory. Whatever the reason my device runs much more efficiently now then it ever has.
    My mem usage at any given time when I am running a few apps is usually anywhere between 40-ish to 50-ish....overall not noticing any adverse things like slow response/sluggishness etc...
    depending on the page you are looking at in IE the memory will shoot up to 90%. this happens every time i try to view the full version of facebook.
    always searching for the light..
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Yesterday, for the first time, my phone freaked out (error message said something along the lines of 'out of memory' or limited resources) while I was running Iris. It happened a couple times in a row-- I believe I was looking at the CNET website when it all happened. After Iris shut down, I ran Memaid and it worked fine until it happened again a couple minutes later.

With nothing open right now: Total: 80.54mb In Use: 44.47mb Free: 36.06mb 56%

I am using SPB Mob shell too, btw.