1.    #1  
    Anyone have any trips and tricks for a new WM user? My Centro is just about dead, almost not usable anymore Don't think it's going to last until the Pre comes out, and I really want to wait for a different WebOs phone with external memory and what not anyway. I will be coming from PalmOS if that makes any difference.

Just need some general tips and tricks. I see a lot of "As long as you know how to manage memory.." stuff mentioned. What is that all about? Is going into windows "task manager" like on a vista/xp PC necessary to fully close an app? Does that mean WM "multitasks" a little bit, allowing you to bounce between semi-live apps?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Never really messed with a WM phone before. Just want to get a little head start while I try and pick a NIB guaranteed clean phone on ebay.
    Just call me Berd.
    This site seems to be pretty good for Palm devices (I am BRAND new to this site).
    PPCGeeks has ALOT of good information about different Pocket PCs and Windows Mobile.....
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys, both are an excellent start! Not sure how I missed that sticky :embarrsed:

I did a few google searches and can't seem to find an answer for this one. Maybe one of you guys will know. Can I synch a Treo Pro to Windows Live instead of outlook? My vista (ugh) PC didn't come with outlook and since I use Gmail/hotmail its useless to me anyway. Obviously wrong forum, but if it does synch to WL, will a Centro? Thanks
    Yes, you can sync both your hotmail and gmail accounts. In the Messaging app, you'll see Hotmail is already there. You just need to provide your credentials. To set when/how often to sync, go to Menu/Options in the Messaging app. Select Hotmail from the list of accounts, then press the Palm button. This will bring up a list of 8 options and you'll see Sync schedule among them.

Setting up gmail is easy. Select Setup E-mail from the Messaging app. You'll just need to supply your credentials as your device knows the settings for gmail. You can set sync options the same way as hotmail.
  6.    #6  
    I am sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant synching contacts, not email Thanks anyways though, still good email info for when I'm getting set up.

what I meant was if windows live on PC can substitute for outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I am sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant synching contacts, not email Thanks anyways though, still good email info for when I'm getting set up.

what I meant was if windows live on PC can substitute for outlook.
    I am not 100% sure, but I am gonna have to say "I don't think it can".....