1.    #1  
    So I'm currently test driving a Sprint Treo Pro to see if it will replace my 800w and one of first things I noticed (and did not like) was the sensitivity of the touch screen. Even after aligning the screen a couple of times, it felt like I had to push a lot harder and I kept missing small targets on the screen and it wouldn't properly read gestures (compared to the 800w).

Darnell posted an HTC hack from the Touch Pro that adjusts the sensitivity and this takes care of it for me:

Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If it's Touch Screen sensitivity concerns, perhaps they're just going to adjust some registry settings?

On the Sprint HTC Touch Pro,this is the tip for increasing screen sensitivity if desired. Maybe it works for the Treo Pro too?
    Adjust screen sensitivity: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\TouchPanel
    Value = PressureThreshold
    Change from the default dword:00000027 or 34 to dword:000000f0 or 240 in decimal
    Apply the registry hack, soft-reset, and I can now remove this from the list of con's I have about the Treo Pro. Now if I could just do something about that damn keyboard!!

I have to say, it's nice for a change to be able to leverage HTC hacks, such as this, the audiopara tweak, the SRS WOW cab, builtin PST, the MSL grabber and others.

EDIT: If you align the screen, it ends up resetting this value and you'll have to redo the hack.
    Last edited by zbop; 04/05/2009 at 08:47 PM.
    Good stuff, thx.

Btw, dunno if this is a pro or a con, but after listening to music with SRS WOW installed and set to the way I like it I can't seem to hear anything when I take my S9's off my head.

Seriously though, that's one hell of an improvement.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Where do you go to change this value?
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\TouchPanel
    Value = PressureThreshold
    Change from the default dword:00000027 or 34 to dword:000000f0 or 240 in decimal

use PHMregedit, resco registry, sktools, any registry edit program will work.
    My touchscreen is just fine. No need for any reg edits for me. Works very well as default.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Good stuff, thx.

Btw, dunno if this is a pro or a con, but after listening to music with SRS WOW installed and set to the way I like it I can't seem to hear anything when I take my S9's off my head.

Seriously though, that's one hell of an improvement.
    Sorry but I didnt understand what does this have to do with screen sensitivity?? It sounds more like a sound related improvement you are talking about. Is that right?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    I had same problem. All I had to do was a screen alignment with the stylus instead of my finger.
    Now that you CDMA Treo Pro folks have custom ROMs, I know ROM cooks have a way to increase touch sensitivity without that registry hack. I don't know how they do it though . I just know, that the CDMA Touch Pro custom ROMs I use have great touch sensitivity without that registry value being changed. And whatever they do makes touch sensitivity even better than can be done via that registry hack.
    The screen on the Treo Pro is just poor materials.

I've had several, and they develop blemishes in the screen when you swipe your finger in the same areas.

You can see this with bright light reflecting off the screen when it is "off"/in clock mode.

It eventually leads to screen insensitivity. (ex. you can't align the screen with finger); eventually stlyus will fail as well.

Too bad they couldn't have gone with some better materials.

Every Treo Pro I have seen exhibits this issue. It's the massive defect issue that Palm has been thankful more people don't notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    So I'm currently test driving a Sprint Treo Pro to see if it will replace my 800w and one of first things I noticed (and did not like) was the sensitivity of the touch screen. Even after aligning the screen a couple of times, it felt like I had to push a lot harder and I kept missing small targets on the screen and it wouldn't properly read gestures (compared to the 800w).

Darnell posted an HTC hack from the Touch Pro that adjusts the sensitivity and this takes care of it for me:

Apply the registry hack, soft-reset, and I can now remove this from the list of con's I have about the Treo Pro. Now if I could just do something about that damn keyboard!!

I have to say, it's nice for a change to be able to leverage HTC hacks, such as this, the audiopara tweak, the SRS WOW cab, builtin PST, the MSL grabber and others.

EDIT: If you align the screen, it ends up resetting this value and you'll have to redo the hack.
    When I tried to do this on my Treo Pro I could not find any values except default and common in the location within the registry where Pressure/Touch etc should be found..... How would I proceed?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    The screen on the Treo Pro is just poor materials.

I've had several, and they develop blemishes in the screen when you swipe your finger in the same areas.

You can see this with bright light reflecting off the screen when it is "off"/in clock mode.

It eventually leads to screen insensitivity. (ex. you can't align the screen with finger); eventually stlyus will fail as well.

Too bad they couldn't have gone with some better materials.

Every Treo Pro I have seen exhibits this issue. It's the massive defect issue that Palm has been thankful more people don't notice.
    I have this issue too. I was wondering if it was just me since I dropped my phone a few weeks ago, but I guess it's a product defect. I've noticed the "blemishes" in the screen, which appear like small dots in a grid pattern. It almost looks like there's dirt or something under the screen. This has led to improper alignment in the middle of my screen. It only effects me when I browse the web but I use the D-pad most of the time anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxblitzrx View Post
    I have this issue too. I was wondering if it was just me since I dropped my phone a few weeks ago, but I guess it's a product defect. I've noticed the "blemishes" in the screen, which appear like small dots in a grid pattern. It almost looks like there's dirt or something under the screen. This has led to improper alignment in the middle of my screen. It only effects me when I browse the web but I use the D-pad most of the time anyways.
    Yep, that is exactly it! the "ghost grid", I call it. Basically, if you use your finger and swipe over an area, the blemish develops. As it gets worse, the ability to align the screen fails and eventually you have to replace it.

Horrible QA / product defect. If you have a problem, you need to swap out for a new one.

This one screams class action, as it affects all Treo Pros, and is due to defective materials. I have never seen a touch screen on a smartphone "blemish" this way before.

Too bad Palm doesn't do the right thing and fix it, and recall the bad units (or at least give the people with this problem a replacement.)
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Interesting. Mine was at 16784 or so, by default. And I'm still not totally happy with the overall responsiveness of it. Increased it 32768 (decimal), but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.