Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How many times have you wanted to be able to assign a settings control panel app to a button for easy access?

Or maybe you are sick of trying to find which tab in Settings something is at.

Just think how nice it would be if they were all easily accessible in a single folder.

Well now you can have it all! Just download this cab and it will put shortcuts to all of the settings apps in a Settings folder under Start->Programs. This will allow you to go to the Buttons settings to assign any one of them to a button. Or you could add your favorite settings to a plugin such as Resco Today plugin, or any other launcher. Easy access to Clock settings. Easy access to Bluetooth settings. etc.

Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cool, just got it installed. Going to try and use WM5 New Menu to put something together.
    hmmmm, nice. good job buddy.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Started getting them into the WM5 New Menu app and they seem to be working out pretty good! I just need to figure out how to create submenus in WM5 New Menu.

Thanks a TON for these shortcuts!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdostal View Post
    Started getting them into the WM5 New Menu app and they seem to be working out pretty good! I just need to figure out how to create submenus in WM5 New Menu.

Thanks a TON for these shortcuts!
    Take some pics of your newmenu setup when you are done. I'm curious on how it will turn out.
    Here's what I've got going so far. I've created a submenu but I haven't figured out how to place items into that submenu so I'm just putting them all on the main menu for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdostal View Post
    Here's what I've got going so far. I've created a submenu but I haven't figured out how to place items into that submenu so I'm just putting them all on the main menu for now.
    Looking good! I'll have to try that out.
    Here's a backup of my config. If you import it, just be sure to backup your settings first as I deleted most of the "stock" menu items, so if you want any of those my config file will delete 'em.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    thanks for this hannip. I had wanted to assign alarms to a button and now I can!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Hey - did you figure out the submenu's yet? If not, I've figured out how to add items. I gave up on this app after the first two days initially. I kept getting frustrated which was part my fault because I kept playing with it while I was super busy at work. Just picked it back up tonight. It's not nearly as hard as I initially thought.
    Looks like you got em figured out in the other thread. I just figured them out today. Have to double tap/click on the submenu item to edit the items on the submenu.

Here is a screenshot of what I've put together so far. Thanks for the tip on the phone shortcut on the other thread!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    is there a way to put call history in the wm5newmenu items list
    Thanks hannip. I needed a BT icon on my Today screen. Now I can get rid of the wireless plug-in.
    nice work hannip and jdostal! going to give this a try!
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    I'm not sure - I'm trying to figure that out myself. I don't think there is a way to do it to be honest. I wanted to get Call Log & KeyPad onto that menu. On the 800 I think that they were separate apps where on this phone the Call Log is just a feature of the Phone App - nothing separate that can be launched. I could be wrong, but I haven't figured anything else out.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmogul25 View Post
    is there a way to put call history in the wm5newmenu items list
    so is there a way to assign the phone a button in the wm5menu
    Yep. Have the menu item point to \Windows\cprog.lnk
    thanks
    Is there a way to create a shortcut link to the settings folder? It looks like this is probably a shell folder, since you can't create a shortcut directly to the folder. Does anyone know the GUID for adding this folder?

- Jim
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuysTreo View Post
    Is there a way to create a shortcut link to the settings folder? It looks like this is probably a shell folder, since you can't create a shortcut directly to the folder. Does anyone know the GUID for adding this folder?

- Jim
    You can create a shortcut to the settings folder, but it won't be launchable from a button or menu. One option is to create a copy of the File Explorer link and add the path to the target value. The path to the Settings folder is
    \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Settings

Then you can assign it to a button or menu etc, but it will be in list view.

I did a quick google for File Explorer options and couldn't find any parameters to start it in icon view. Not sure how WM does it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast