View Poll Results: Are you keeping the Treo Pro or What?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yeah. Love it.

43 69.35%
  • Still on the fence. Dont know for sure.

13 20.97%
  • No way. Returning/exchanging it.

6 9.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I always like to see the reviews from people after the hype runs down. some of us have had there offical sprint treo pros for 2 weeks now.

take the poll and give a minin review.

here's mine....

I love my treo pro. been away from wm for a year now and glad to be back in a treo. missed a couple of calls, changed my SCI and ACCOLC and well see if it improves. I want to keep it.

cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Had a diamond and touch pro, changed roms way to frequently. I absolutely love this phone as is. Everything just works.
    I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm still getting used to the keyboard, but other than that I don't have much to complain about with this phone.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rapat View Post
    Had a diamond and touch pro, changed roms way to frequently. I absolutely love this phone as is. Everything just works.
    Very pleased with my Pro
    my one problem is battery life- I didn't even use it at all yesterday, it sat in my pocket from a full charge at 7 AM, unused on screensaver, and the battery died by 3:00 PM- no phone calls, no browsing, no email-

However, I noticed afterwards that SEVEN (my sync/email/calendar etc service) is down and has been all weekend- and I'm wondering if it's been trying to sync unsuccessfully and somehow drained the juice out of it-

Mark
    I've only had mine for two days, but am so far very pleased. It wasn't until I got it that I really noticed how "muddy" the earpiece on my 800w sounded. I love the way calls sound on this device. The keyboard is going to take some time to get used to, though. I find that thus far I don't miss Palm's "special sauce" like I thought I would; namely the messaging app. I'll keep an eye out on the port of it once all the kinks are worked out, but it's not killing me not having it for the moment. I miss the soft keys, but not nearly as much as I thought I would. The only time I really miss them is when I am in PIE and want to toggle out of Full Screen view real fast. I either have to press and hold a spot on the screen to bring up a context menu (IE6) or I have to use the D-pad to go all the way to the address bar at the top (PIE) to have the menu bars show up at the bottom. Overall though I am very pleased I made the switch. (I probably wouldn't have if Sprint hadn't accelerated my $150 upgrade discount eligibility by 6 months)
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    Very pleased with my Pro
    my one problem is battery life- I didn't even use it at all yesterday, it sat in my pocket from a full charge at 7 AM, unused on screensaver, and the battery died by 3:00 PM- no phone calls, no browsing, no email-

However, I noticed afterwards that SEVEN (my sync/email/calendar etc service) is down and has been all weekend- and I'm wondering if it's been trying to sync unsuccessfully and somehow drained the juice out of it-

Mark
    That could very well be. If there is something keeping the device from going into suspend it will drain the battery. That also happens if you are in a low signal area and it constantly tries to find a signal.

I've tested leaving my STP in suspend for most of the day and after 15 hours it still had 82% battery. And I had used a few percent before I put it in suspend. I don't use the screensaver btw.
    I'm pretty new to WM. I had the Sprint Diamond for a short while. I've used Palm OS Treos and the Centro since 2004. I pushed their capabilities. This took some getting used to but I wouldn't go back. There is a lot MS could do to improve WM but it's very powerful compared to what I'm used to.

I use Exchange and love not really needing to sync any of my current software.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That could very well be. If there is something keeping the device from going into suspend it will drain the battery. That also happens if you are in a low signal area and it constantly tries to find a signal.

I've tested leaving my STP in suspend for most of the day and after 15 hours it still had 82% battery. And I had used a few percent before I put it in suspend. I don't use the screensaver btw.
    I have no problems with a signal-
    I was thinking of disabling the screensaver- do you think it has a significant effect on the battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    I have no problems with a signal-
    I was thinking of disabling the screensaver- do you think it has a significant effect on the battery?
    Probably not significant, but you should try it with it off to see for yourself. Every little bit helps.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    trying as we speak-

thanks,

Mark
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Switched from a Touch Pro... as much fun as the Touch Pro is (still have it) it was about my third one without the front qwerty keyboard and find having the ability for complete one handed operation just the way I like to go... I had a Treo 700wx and always found that to be a solid phone except for the antenna that kinda was the only reason I didn't like it... The Treo Pro is everything for a Palm phone including the size, shape and the way it just fits my palm so well... Any short coming it may have in the battery just isn't enough to be a bother to me... keep it on the charger at home, in the car and at the office so for me I never find power a problem and this is the same way I did any of my phones so even a heavy power user was never a problem for me...

I'm keeping the Treo Pro and hoping some software developers, tweakers and hackers do some more enhancements with this phone... I have found some of Cody's to be the mose useful for me...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmhale View Post
    I have found some of Cody's to be the mose useful for me...
    dont give me too much credit. there are not mine really. those are just registry changes that other people have used on other devices. works on ours as well. i just cabed em up for an easy install.

unless your talking about the IE toggle thing? and that really nothing.

lol
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    dont give me too much credit. there are not mine really. those are just registry changes that other people have used on other devices. works on ours as well. i just cabed em up for an easy install.

unless your talking about the IE toggle thing? and that really nothing.

lol
    Well, I'm new to WM and I also found Cody's PIE download very helpful. If I can just find an easy transition from IE6 to PIE to screen my youtube videos, I believe I have found a very good phone for 2009.
    First off, Hi all, Newbie here, As far as the Treo Pro, I have had it for 10 days now, I really enjoy the phone, It is my first venture into the "Smarthphone" field, I found the setup to be pretty simple, Getting my Pop E-mail account going was a snap and the amount of information available from Palm and then sites like this really open you up to all the phones possibilites.
    A couple things strike me as a new user, I read how some people think the browser is kinda slow, I actually think overall it is does pretty well, I came into this not expecting it to be anything like my computer internet browsing so I wasn't expecting instant web page loading. I haven't tried other browsers yet, So I know I am very limited as far as having a baseline to go off. Next, The battery usage, I came into this expecting the worst, Several of my Co-workers have the Touch Pro, Their battery life is really pretty horrid, I have honestly been pleasantly surprised by how well the phone has been holding up, I must say I am pretty anal about shutting down apps when not using them.
    Count me as one that will be keeping my TP, I love the form factor, It's pretty sleek for all that it can do, I have gotten numerous comments from friends and co-workers on how "cool" it looks. I paired it with an Innocase and holster and it is breeze to get around with. I just really have had no issue's with it at all, All in all a pretty darn nice phone IMO.
    Hi, newbie here. Had the 755 and loved the user-friendliness, loved the particular treo sounds, etc, but just had to have the HTC Touch when it first came out. Really liked to compact design of the Touch (still do), and yes, really liked a number of things that I could do with Windows Mobile, but sure missed all the 755's appeal, including the front-facing keyboard and buttons. (Give me buttons that I can actually feel over a touchscreen any day.) And now, two weeks into my new Treo Pro, I've got the best of both worlds! WM in a slimmed-down treo format. Plus, the wifi still allows me to check email and skype while I'm out of the country and away from sprint coverage. Call me a very pleased customer.
    I put "on the fence", but I will probably be returning it and waiting for the Pre, if Sprint will let me. The alarm doesn't work, I get crash messages frequently, Sprint TV doesn't have any sound, the phone doesn't actually turn off (requires battery removal), battery life is terrible (can't even get a full day out of a charge), and the web browser is very slow in regular mode. Javascript just seems to lock it up pretty bad.
    I really missed my Treo 755P when I switched to a touch screen. I am pleased to be back with a Palm device and a keyboard. I actually am growing to like this keyboard more, but find it helps to type with my nails or the very tips of my fingers (same things since my nails are cut to the quick). I am looking forward to more 3rd party apps and tweeks.
    I'm still on the fence. (Came from a 700wx.) Love the phone, keyboard is the problem....not as easy to use as the 700wx. Everything else about the phone I like.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    This one is a keeper. The size is great. It is one of the best "phones" I have used. 3.5mm jack is sweet, for a music fan like my self. This device is solid, no need for custom ROMS to improve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    This one is a keeper. The size is great. It is one of the best "phones" I have used. 3.5mm jack is sweet, for a music fan like my self. This device is solid, no need for custom ROMS to improve it.
    I've always been a custom Rom guy.
    But I agree. I have the GTP, and I don't see any need for a Custom Rom.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast