View Poll Results: Are you keeping the Treo Pro or What?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yeah. Love it.

    43 69.35%
  • Still on the fence. Dont know for sure.

    13 20.97%
  • No way. Returning/exchanging it.

    6 9.68%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I've always been a custom Rom guy.
    But I agree. I have the GTP, and I don't see any need for a Custom Rom.
    I used to not be into custom ROMs, but now I look at it this way.

    Is there absolutely nothing in your device that could in any possible way be improved above and beyond whatever tweaks you've made?

    Only if that question can be answered with a "no" will I ever again say I don't see any need for a customized ROM. But no device is perfect and after some usage there are always things found that could somehow be improved upon. That's where custom ROMs come in. Even if you just want to try a later build of the OS or a newer OS, outside of manufacturer intervention, custom ROMs.

    The Treo Pro keeps being picked up by more carriers, which only increases the odds some customized ROMs might come.

    On the GSM Treo Pro, if nothing else, these could be addressed in a customized ROM:
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    2. Pocket IE cache/history -- if you forcibly exit PIE either via closing via Task Manager or resetting your device, the cache and history are lost.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=172311

    3. Cannot silence the ringer by pressing any buttons as per the manual (and like other Treos)

    4. After a missed call, clicking the green button dials back the missed called number rather then going to call history

    And a custom ROM might provide a way to silence the device and kill the vibrate too when desired, or/and a means to turn the device totally off if desired.

    I now feel, there is always room for a good ROM cook .
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I used to not be into custom ROMs, but now I look at it this way.

    Is there absolutely nothing in your device that could in any possible way be improved above and beyond whatever tweaks you've made?

    Only if that question can be answered with a "no" will I ever again say I don't see any need for a customized ROM. But no device is perfect and after some usage there are always things found that could somehow be improved upon. That's where custom ROMs come in. Even if you just want to try a later build of the OS or a newer OS, outside of manufacturer intervention, custom ROMs.

    The Treo Pro keeps being picked up by more carriers, which only increases the odds some customized ROMs might come.

    On the GSM Treo Pro, if nothing else, these could be addressed in a customized ROM:



    And a custom ROM might provide a way to silence the device and kill the vibrate too when desired, or/and a means to turn the device totally off if desired.

    I now feel, there is always room for a good ROM cook .
    I make a retraction.
    Just call me Berd.
  3. decalex's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    #23  
    All in all, I love the phone (STP), but haven't been happy with its reliability. I don't know how much of it has to do with my device or with my service area (socal). My issues are mostly with ringers that turn off, seemingly at random; alarms that don't go off; a lot more dropped calls in the same areas where I used my 755p (like 5 in a row) and most of all, a creaky battery cover that's def getting worse. I'm planning on exchanging it for another STP-- but wanted to ask if these probs sound familiar?-- and furthermore, if you think they'll exchange it based on these probs?

    Thanks!
  4. #24  
    This is my first WM device and I have to say that the transition has been easier than expected...and the phone is working great for me. So it is a keeper.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    All in all, I love the phone (STP), but haven't been happy with its reliability. I don't know how much of it has to do with my device or with my service area (socal). My issues are mostly with ringers that turn off, seemingly at random; alarms that don't go off; a lot more dropped calls in the same areas where I used my 755p (like 5 in a row) and most of all, a creaky battery cover that's def getting worse. I'm planning on exchanging it for another STP-- but wanted to ask if these probs sound familiar?-- and furthermore, if you think they'll exchange it based on these probs?

    Thanks!
    Less than 30 days, they'll give you anything you want.
  6. #26  
    I'm enjoying my Treo Pro... I'll be keeping it. I'm coming from a Touch Pro. I love that I haven't had any problems with the device in the time I've had it, and everything just works. Battery life is great too. The Touch Pro was a cool phone in some areas but not in the areas I needed it to be, so even though this seems kinda like a "sidegrade", it's an upgrade to me cuz I'm gaining more cohesive functionality than I had before.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  7. decalex's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Less than 30 days, they'll give you anything you want.
    Ya-- I tried that angle, but they wouldn't give me a Pre.
  8. #28  
    Worked my way up through all the rest & am now a Pro! That's my story & I'm sticking to it!
  9. #29  
    I deffinatelly exchanging it but only because I want the Pre, if the Pre wasn't comming out it would deffinatelly be a keeper.
  10. #30  
    I've had my share of 'tablets' & they're just not for me. True web OS is something new but this Pro suits me just fine. It's all right there & So far I'm content. Good luk w/the 'new' phone BC you know there will be troubles yet unseen (although I am an optimist).
  11. #31  
    I am returning mine and I hate having to do so. Droped calls and cannot not move call history to outlook or notes on calls. Hate how the call waiting works. LOVE THE CLEARITY, form factor and CASE! It really is a good phone. I just need more from it, PHONE, pda that works with pc, then email/text. I know the droped calls are not the serivce, I have had to many phones to blame them. Really funny, over 10 years ago when everyone was having droped calls, I never did, that sony candy bar was a work horse as far as just a phone. I love the palms and simplicity of use, I also need the IR, will have to give that up, will have to carry another divce. I Hate the idea of changing..
  12. #32  
    Mine is going back tomorrow I think. I paid full retail and it's just not worth it. I think I'm just really tired of the windows mobile interface and spending WAY too much time and money on trying to "fix" it to my liking. I actually really like the Pro but it's still going back.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions