Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok, i didn't want to believe it, but i am missing calls on the sprint treo pro. anyone else?

i dont want to say it's the poor signal because i really havn't been droping calls. i have recieved a few voicemails when just minutes before the phone didn't ring. my daughter also called me twice, one after another, and i never recieved it.

these missed calls are not showing up in my call log either. i have changed my voicemail message to something like " sorry i missed your call, my phone is starting to freek me out and i dont think it rings half the time. please leave a message so i know if i need to return it within my 30 days, or get it replaced." lol

please say I'm the only one.

cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Well I can tell you that it's much more reliable in receiving calls than any of the 800w's I've had. I did have one call that didn't come through so far though.
    I wish I had that problem!

Seriously, I have not missed any calls to this point (that I know of).
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Well I can tell you that it's much more reliable in receiving calls than any of the 800w's I've had. I did have one call that didn't come through so far though.
    that you know of. that's the scary part.

I will say it's a 100 times better than the 800w, but still somethings still going on.

hmmmm.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    mine has been perfectly fine with only one bar (reception is poor in my building-recall edition).

do you have a recall version? what are your settings for SCI and ACCOLC?
    always searching for the light..
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bricks View Post
    mine has been perfectly fine with only one bar (reception is poor in my building-recall edition).

do you have a recall version? what are your settings for SCI and ACCOLC?
    I don't have a recalled version.

sci is 2. don't really want to loose battery life with 1 or 0, but may have too.

accolc is 7
    raise your accolc to 2 (do not use 0 or 1) and SCI to 1... those are my settings and i literally have 1 bar in my apt. and i dont miss calls (tested from landline for last 24 hours since i got the phone)..

if that doesn't help maybe having a recalled best buy special edition ain't so bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    ok, i didn't want to believe it, but i am missing calls on the sprint treo pro. anyone else?

i dont want to say it's the poor signal because i really havn't been droping calls. i have recieved a few voicemails when just minutes before the phone didn't ring. my daughter also called me twice, one after another, and i never recieved it.

these missed calls are not showing up in my call log either. i have changed my voicemail message to something like " sorry i missed your call, my phone is starting to freek me out and i dont think it rings half the time. please leave a message so i know if i need to return it within my 30 days, or get it replaced." lol

cody
    I've missed 2 calls so far, but in both case, phone was in the holster (not that thats an excuse). Keeping an eye on it myself.

Btw some more insight into changing the the registry values mentioned in this thread please.

thanks

BigMots
  9.    #9  
    raise your accolc to 2 (do not use 0 or 1) and SCI to 1... those are my settings and i literally have 1 bar in my apt. and i dont miss calls (tested from landline for last 24 hours since i got the phone)..

if that doesn't help maybe having a recalled best buy special edition ain't so bad!
    so you're thinking i got a recalled best buy version and dont know it? lol. wow, the first Software version: T850EWW-1.04SPT recalled best buy version bought from sprint store on march 15th. hmmmm.

i really was hoping not to have to sacrifice battery with a sci boost just to recieve calls. not again. been doing it for 3 years though with the ppc6700 and every device since then. i dont know why i was thinking sprint/htc would fix this by now. oh well.
  10.    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    I've missed 2 calls so far, but in both case, phone was in the holster (not that thats an excuse). Keeping an eye on it myself.

Btw some more insight into changing the the registry values mentioned in this thread please.

thanks

BigMots

these are not reg edits. these are things we change in the program menus. programing codes which require your msl number to edit.
    Last edited by codyppc; 04/04/2009 at 08:24 PM.
    I have had this phone 2 weeks and have missed 3 calls (that i know of). Unfortunately this is a company phone so the calls i miss are typically important. Called Sprint because in all 3 instances i was at home so they are sending me the Airave and giving me free femtocell service. Hopefully this helps.

Can someone post a link to instructions on the reg edits mentioned earlier? In addition to the Airave i would like to explore these options because I often go other places that receivie 1 bar.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I have missed several calls exactly the way you described. Phone right beside me, and suddenly get a VM alert, usually with not a full signal though. But I have no problem makeing the VM call and return call with same signal, and have only dropped calls in known bad spots.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    one more thing, please excuse my ignorance as i am a blackberry guy and can only assume this stuff is "par for the course" for you guys but ..... is there an easy way to get my MSL number or would that require a call to Sprint Tech support??? I used to have Winmo back in the day and calling sprint was an easy way to get it because you could always find someone dumb enough to just spout it off to you.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

cody
    I knew I wasnt going crazy, and for the people who said it was the "user" having issues. LOL
    mine hasn't missed calls like my 800w.

only time mine freaked out on me it rang but wouldn't let me answer it. weird crap. I've since done a hard reset and it's working fine.
    so you're thinking i got a recalled best buy version and dont know it? lol. wow, the first Software version: T850EWW-1.04SPT recalled best buy version bought from sprint store on march 15th. hmmmm.

i really was hoping not to have to sacrifice battery with a sci boost just to recieve calls. not again. been doing it for 3 years though with the ppc6700 and every device since then. i dont know why i was thinking sprint/htc would fix this by now. oh well.
    lol... i am the one with the Best Buy Special Edition and have no issues with missing calls. maybe it is a hidden feature of 1.03
    Last edited by Lord Bricks; 04/05/2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: url correction
    discussion.treocentral.com/treo-pro/178176-can-we-change-sci-pro.html
  19.    #19  
    lol... i am the one with the Best Buy Special Edition and have no issues with missing calls. maybe it is a hidden feature of 1.03
    i see. cool.

i thought you thought i had one.

i did change the SCI and ACCOLC last night. going to give it a week test drive. hope to see little battery loss. had to do this with other wm devices and hated loosing battery life, but must have service and recieve calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmithinny View Post
    one more thing, please excuse my ignorance as i am a blackberry guy and can only assume this stuff is "par for the course" for you guys but ..... is there an easy way to get my MSL number or would that require a call to Sprint Tech support??? I used to have Winmo back in the day and calling sprint was an easy way to get it because you could always find someone dumb enough to just spout it off to you.
    You can get your 6 digit MSL without calling Sprint and hoping they give it to you.

Go to http://www.baf.cc/bafmsl and download the BAF MSL grabber. install the .cab file and put your device into airplane mode and then go to Start menu/Programs/BAFTools folder and run the MSL grabber.

It will give you your 6 digit MSL....

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast