Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 128
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I've had it happen a few times (even once today) when I'm in a low signal environment. ....:-/
    I think you are right. This only seems to happen when I am at home, which is one big "low signal environment", but so far I haven't been motivated to pay for an Airwave. Hopefully some custom radios/ROM's may be of some help...I know they are in development here and at PPC Geeks
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It's ironic. I had this problem in spades with the 800w, but the Treo Pro I have now has been 100x better. I've still only missed 1 call since I got it.
    I am in the same boat with you on that hannip
  3. #63  
    I went ahead and wiped out my Treo after reading CTL Advance's post.

    - Used Sprite to do a full backup (just in case)
    - Did a hard reset (Note: to do a hard reset you just click the reset switch or software reset (i.e. PocketPlus etc) and immediately hold down the "Hang Up" red button. Select yes when prompted to hard reset).
    - I manually installed all of my apps (I keep my phones clean so this wasn't as hard as it sounds).
    - Recreated all of my tweaks
    - Loaded up my contacts and appointments (from Microsoft MyPhone).
    - Finally, I took a complete backup with Sprite (so I'll have a backup of my "fresh" device for next time).

    plmo.mid values are gone from the registry, and the phone seems to be working great. That's what I get for installing MS3 and not doing a backup first.

    -- Jim
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuysTreo View Post
    plmo.mid values are gone from the registry, and the phone seems to be working great. That's what I get for installing MS3 and not doing a backup first.
    Interesting. thanks!
  5. marksr's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #65  
    I've never installed MS3, not even to try it out, I don't have a noticeable number of missed calls, my Ring Tone rings when I get a call-
    and I just checked and my registry key

    HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Sound is set to \Windows\plmo.mid.

    Don't know if that's significant.....
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    I've never installed MS3, not even to try it out, I don't have a noticeable number of missed calls, my Ring Tone rings when I get a call-
    and I just checked and my registry key

    HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Sound is set to \Windows\plmo.mid.

    Don't know if that's significant.....
    Look 2 posts about yours... seems that person wiped their pro (hard reset) and it removed the plmo.mid file. Maybe you should try that and report back.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  7. #67  
    I'm having issues with missing calls as well. If I do a Spire back-up before doing a hard reset, do I still have to upload all my contacts and settings? Or do I just use the back-up?
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
    I'm having issues with missing calls as well. If I do a Spire back-up before doing a hard reset, do I still have to upload all my contacts and settings? Or do I just use the back-up?
    Back up has all your contacts and settings--it's basically a mirror of your current setup, all gets put back exactly as the back up.

    re: missed calls

    Missed another yesterday, while at work/same signal conditions as earlier but no IM or email running this time. Was on the phone with the auto shop when the voicemail alert came barring through the phone (another annoying issue that Palm addressed on the 800w). Luckily I don't get many important phone calls, but I can see where this would be annoying.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Back up has all your contacts and settings--it's basically a mirror of your current setup, all gets put back exactly as the back up.
    Thanks, now I have a new problem. I did a Sprite back-up, and then a hard reset. When I go to install the back-up, I get the following error message:

    "The file 'Bacup_2009-05-06' cannot be opened. Either is it not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

    Any suggestions? Or do I have to start from scratch? (I did save contacts through ActiveSync).
  10. #70  
    Never mind, I got it to work.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpiden View Post
    I think you are right. This only seems to happen when I am at home, which is one big "low signal environment", but so far I haven't been motivated to pay for an Airwave. Hopefully some custom radios/ROM's may be of some help...I know they are in development here and at PPC Geeks
    Just to add, I live in Houston and have a Sprint TP. A friend of mine in Dallas has a Sprint Centro and he has been having this same issue, and he has a cell tower practically in his back yard. I'm up here visiting and just experienced this wonderful phenomenon. Hmm... A Sprint thing? Then again, I thought I saw some GSM users having the same issue...
  12. #72  
    Yeah, I dunno what's going on with this.

    At work again (low signal area) and had an 800w next to a STP.

    800w calls STP = rings 4-5 times, goes to voice mail; no notification
    STP calls 800w = rings + notification
    800w calls STP (again): now it rings

    It's like my STP gets stuck at 1x or Ev--the data arrows are grey or closed. Once a call goes out (or cycle the radio), it restores the connection to the network. I can pretty much repeat this anytime.

    I wonder if this is what Cody was experiencing. This is related to the radio firmware/reception. Strange. Luckily I'm an unimportant person, so missing calls is no biggy

    Edit: I'm switching to "Sprint only" to see if that matters.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah, I dunno what's going on with this.

    At work again (low signal area) and had an 800w next to a STP.

    800w calls STP = rings 4-5 times, goes to voice mail; no notification
    STP calls 800w = rings + notification
    800w calls STP (again): now it rings

    It's like my STP gets stuck at 1x or Ev--the data arrows are grey or closed. Once a call goes out (or cycle the radio), it restores the connection to the network. I can pretty much repeat this anytime.

    I wonder if this is what Cody was experiencing. This is related to the radio firmware/reception. Strange. Luckily I'm an unimportant person, so missing calls is no biggy

    Edit: I'm switching to "Sprint only" to see if that matters.
    i always had mine on "sprint only". i do get very important calls. keep watching this forum hoping for a fix.

    if you guys figure it out, someone let me know.

    cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  14. #74  
    Wow, been a while since i checked this forum and it looks like more people are experiencing this issue. My next step is to dis-associate my phone from my exchange server to see if that makes a difference. Probably won't help any but its my next step before i just forward all my calls from mt STP to my trusty 'never had this problem before' blackberry curve. Has anyone of this forum experienced the issue that DOES NOT have the phone associated with an exchange server?

    Also it would be nice if the MOD of this forum would separate these issues. People are still muddying up the waters with the comments about the ringtone.

    As i said before, people missing a call as a result of the sound being turned to off or that funky ringtone is a problem that very well warrants a thread, just not this thread.

    We are here because we are receiving no notification at all, no sound, no light, no missed call log ... nothing. These are two totally different issues and as long as people keep associating them it will only make things more difficult for others to read and figure out whats going on with their phone.
  15. #75  
    P.S. ..... guys that are thinking about buying an Airave because of this problem ... don't bother. I've experienced this issue sitting 10 feet away from my Airave which lets me know its not an issue with the network. My guess, the radio or a conflict with the OS
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmithinny View Post
    My next step is to dis-associate my phone from my exchange server to see if that makes a difference. Probably won't help any ...
    funny, that's what I just started doing today as well. will post back in 48hrs with my results.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  17. jac6695's Avatar
    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #77  
    I can say I have the voice mail (without ringing or showing up in missed calls) when in a good service area and I am not set up on an exchange server. However, I do have Weather Panel and Gmail through IMAP set to update every 1 hour and 4 hours respectfully. Think that could be an issue? The "missed calls" are so random, I really don't think so. I agree the radio has issues managing a weak connection and switching from EVDO to 1x and back.
    James

    VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
  18. #78  
    @ Malatesta

    Make sure you let us know how that goes. I can't replicate the missed call issue and its so sporadic that if I were to test it, I would need to wait at least 3 weeks to determine if I'm still having the issue and even then it would just be an educated guess at best.


    Does anyone know of a way (reg edit or otherwise) to force your phone onto 1xRTT only? This would not be ideal but it would be an interesting test nonetheless.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmithinny View Post
    @ Malatesta

    Make sure you let us know how that goes. I can't replicate the missed call issue and its so sporadic that if I were to test it, I would need to wait at least 3 weeks to determine if I'm still having the issue and even then it would just be an educated guess at best.
    No change. I have like a 95% failure rate for missing calls at work. I can basically guarantee it won't ring. Really lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmithinny View Post
    Does anyone know of a way (reg edit or otherwise) to force your phone onto 1xRTT only? This would not be ideal but it would be an interesting test nonetheless.
    Not registry. Under dialpad ##778# and with your MSL you an probably change this.

    Though even under 1x I can have this happen.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    No change. I have like a 95% failure rate for missing calls at work. I can basically guarantee it won't ring. Really lame.

    Not registry. Under dialpad ##778# and with your MSL you an probably change this.

    Though even under 1x I can have this happen.

    so, should i get the pro or it has the same amount of missed calls/dropped calls/going directly to voicemail issue as the treo 800?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions