Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I agree, there are two separate issues. Not sure what we would put in a cab file, sounds like a recurring problem (with the ringtones), so it wouldn't be a simple registry mod.

Over at ppcgeeks, they think it's been narrowed down to SPB Mobile shell or SPB phonesuite as the culprit:

Treo Pro Answering Calls Issue - PPCGeeks
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmithinny View Post
    I think there may be some miss communication going on.

The reg edit posted will fix your problem IF your problem is you are getting calls and the phone is not ringing. An example of this would be someone called you and the phone did not make an audible noise BUT if you look in your missed call log, you can see someone called you. Its not necessarily a problem with missing calls, its a problem with the phone not making an audible noise when someone calls which has the effect of making you miss the call.

The problem myself, Cody, and i believe lots of other people are having is when someone calls you the phone does not respond in any way. I can even go into my missed call log and NOTHING, no missed calls, yet in some mysterious way i will have a voicemail from someone.

Just wanted to clarify because despite having an Airave, despite having changed the SCI and ACCOLC, I had this problem again yesterday.
    Thanks for the clarification.

I believe both these 'missed call' issues are Sprint Treo Pro specific.
    I know of no reports of this happening with the Gsm Treo Pro.

I hope you guys can find a solution.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    The problem myself, Cody, and i believe lots of other people are having is when someone calls you the phone does not respond in any way. I can even go into my missed call log and NOTHING, no missed calls, yet in some mysterious way i will have a voicemail from someone.

Just wanted to clarify because despite having an Airave, despite having changed the SCI and ACCOLC, I had this problem again yesterday.
    That's the real problem. Even with data not connected, calls can still go straight to voicemail. It sounds like a firmware problem with phone's radio.
    I am having problems with receiving calls as well but my phone is a non-contract phone I have bought here in the UK. It looks like it is a problem with the Treo Pro/ WM6.1, if I reset my phone and try to call it the phone tells me there is a problem with cprog.exe, and a hard reset sorts the problem for a while and then I get the same error. Looking around the internet I have found that this program is used for receiving calls.
    I have all of the same packages on my Treo 750 and do not get this problem. The only difference is that my 750 has WM6 on, I use both MS exchange to update my work e-mails and Spd mobile shell. Another interesting thing is that I removed all of my MS exchange details for a week and synced with outlook instead , the phone worked fine, soon as I put in my details and sync directly with exchange I started getting a problem.
    I can almost force the situation to miss a call (with no notification).

While running Exchange push and IM+ and in a low-signal environment, the Treo Pro has a difficult time switching back to Ev if it gets knocked to 1x (due to poor signal environment).

It then stays in a 1x data-state, where calls won't come through. My phone was in this state for 45mins today until I cycled the radio, whereby it popped into Ev again and all was good.

Maybe others who are having this problem can try and note these conditions when this happens:
    • Signal environment (great, good, poor)
    • Running any dedicated data program (push email, IM, etc.)
    • Phone state: 1x or EV
    • Watch the phone after a call or coming back from roaming/1x

This is on a 1.04 version, SCI = 1 and it doesn't happen with my other phones.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 05/02/2009 at 11:20 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I made the changes listed above to the registry:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Sound

It was set to \windows\plmo.mid, however I can't find that file. Everything I change it to something else, after a soft reset, it resorts back to the plmo.mid sound.

Can anyone give me a hint here?
    I had a Siemens S46 phone through AT&T and it use to do the same thing all the time. 50% of the time my phone wouldn't ring, I would only get a missed call message. I am sure it's signal strength.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I had a Siemens S46 phone through AT&T and it use to do the same thing all the time. 50% of the time my phone wouldn't ring, I would only get a missed call message. I am sure it's signal strength.
    That may be the case with your old Siemens but that's not what this is. This issue has occurred while i was sitting maybe 10 feet away from a Sprint Airave. Your not likely to ever get a better signal then that. Its also happened to me while at work and we have a Sprint cell tower maybe 500 feet from the building.
    That may be the case with your old Siemens but that's not what this is. This issue has occurred while i was sitting maybe 10 feet away from a Sprint Airave. Your not likely to ever get a better signal then that. Its also happened to me while at work and we have a Sprint cell tower maybe 500 feet from the building.
    That's very interesting. Could it possible be their network is overloaded?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    I made the changes listed above to the registry:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Sound

It was set to \windows\plmo.mid, however I can't find that file. Everything I change it to something else, after a soft reset, it resorts back to the plmo.mid sound.

Can anyone give me a hint here?
    This is something I noticed that SPb MS 3 is doing to my device when I try to change the ringer, it says plmo. Also when I do a hard reset and only restore contacts, email etc, not the applications the phone is fine. I think the main problem with it not notifying us is MS3 (if you have that installed of course).

When I change the volume with teh side buttons, it wipes out the spb normal profile settings.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    I hate to admit it, but I seem to be missing calls as well. Most of the day I'm in an area where I can't get calls, but in the last two weeks, I've noticed I'm getting voicemail indications without any notification of a call. That is exactly what happened with the 800w I had. I haven't had a chance to see what exactly is going on with my phone, but what I do see my phone lighting up for no reason at all. Tonight it's on the USB charger on my computer, and it's lit up about 3-4 times. I thought I might be getting a call or text, but nothing. I'm not sure what I'll do if this goes the way the 800w did. I really don't want to go back to the 755p and I'm not ready to adopt a Pre yet. I'm not runing any speical programs or desktops, just a couple of eBook programs. I am seeing ActivSync running all the time. I go in, stop it, and check it 5 minutes later, it's running again.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I had this issue, and was able to resolve it. I found that sometimes when I would bring my phone out of suspend, it would not ring. Other sounds worked, but when a call came in, it wouldn't make a sound. It did display the "Incoming Call" message. I looked at the registry key HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Sound and found that it was set to \Windows\plmo.mid. Doing a search showed that this file didn't exist. I tried to change the name of the file from plmo.mid to treo.mid (the default ring) but found that it would be changed back to plmo.mid on a reboot. To solve the problem I just copied the treo.mid file in the Windows directory and named it plmo.mid. I haven't missed any calls since this change.

Note: If you search the registry, you will find that many of the "Ring" settings are set to plmo.mid. I believe plmo.mid is one of the default Palm rings.
    Last edited by SomeGuysTreo; 05/04/2009 at 10:01 PM.
    I have noticed this problem as well, where calls do not come in at all and go to voicemail...could this be a problem with the power management/performance reg hack that supposidly enables some battery saving modes with communications?
    Quote Originally Posted by jpiden View Post
    ..could this be a problem with the power management/performance reg hack that supposidly enables some battery saving modes with communications?
    nah, most likely (imo) it has to do with the radio firmware and switching between 1x/Ev

I've had it happen a few times (even once today) when I'm in a low signal environment. No notification or record of a missed call...just straight to VM :-/

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    nah, most likely (imo) it has to do with the radio firmware and switching between 1x/Ev

I've had it happen a few times (even once today) when I'm in a low signal environment. No notification or record of a missed call...just straight to VM :-/
    It's ironic. I had this problem in spades with the 800w, but the Treo Pro I have now has been 100x better. I've still only missed 1 call since I got it.
    Malatesta -

I think we have 2 issues here.

1) Radio Issue - Not receiving call depending on service area and radio function. This is what you have expressed.

2) Phone receives the call, but does not ring. You see the notification and yet no sound. This is what happens to me and why I dont get my calls. SomeGuysTreo Solution solves this one, I can confirm my device does the same. Can we make a cab to replace the file with the renamed one. I havent done any cabing in 3 years, so would have to try later.

As for issue 1 I am not sure. This I agree would be a firmware issue I would think.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    I think issue 2 is partially caused by MS3 as it changed my ringer from treo to plmo and wont let me switch it back.

When I do a hard reset everything is fine and stays fine.
    this happens to my GSM Treo on AT&T too. I know I miss calls because I have Youmail which sends me a text every time a call comes in w or w/out voicemail. Sometimes I'll have my phone down infront of my and all of the sudden text come in from a missed call and the phone never rang. I did not notice this with my 700w on Verizon, but I also did not have Youmail at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    this happens to my GSM Treo on AT&T too. I know I miss calls because I have Youmail which sends me a text every time a call comes in w or w/out voicemail. Sometimes I'll have my phone down infront of my and all of the sudden text come in from a missed call and the phone never rang. I did not notice this with my 700w on Verizon, but I also did not have Youmail at the time.
    That is what's happening to me. I was working tonight, I know I was in reception range, and got a notice I had a voice mail. Not only did my phone not ring, I can go into call history and see that it didn't register there. It was my son, and when I called him back, he said that it had rang 3-4 times, and then went to voice mail.

I have one idea that popped into my mind tonight. How are the voicemail indications sent to a phone? Is it sent via the telephone radio system, or is sent via the SMS/MMS system. That might account why calls are missed but the VM indications aren't. That would also lend credence to the idea that there is a radio problem with the phone. I'm taking mine in this week to a service center here in Portland. (And not to stir up the pot, I'm going to ask if they could flash a 1.03 to a 1.04 phone. Looking forward to that almost as much as getting my phone looked at )

Last edited by ivhs72; 05/05/2009 at 11:15 AM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuysTreo View Post
    I looked at the registry key HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Sound and found that it was set to \Windows\plmo.mid. Doing a search showed that this file didn't exist. I tried to change the name of the file from plmo.mid to treo.mid (the default ring) but found that it would be changed back to plmo.mid on a reboot. To solve the problem I just copied the treo.mid file in the Windows directory and named it plmo.mid. I haven't missed any calls since this change.
    Note: If you search the registry, you will find that many of the "Ring" settings are set to plmo.mid. I believe plmo.mid is one of the default Palm rings.
    I am helping out the SBMS3 guys and we have found the same with the plmo. mid as well. it can lock in the profile page
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast