Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    EDIT: just saw that treotraveler beat me to the punch, lol

You'll need to install .NET CF 3.5 to run MSL Grabber, but you can remove that afterwards if you don't want the bloat.
    Last edited by zbop; 04/05/2009 at 03:18 PM.
    I also have this issue with calls not going through on both of my treo pro (official release version.)

My girl and I and been missing each other's call due to the very simple reason that the calls are not going through/connecting. I know it is not a signal issue.

I would also miss her txt and receive it 2 hours later with the time stamp of when she sent it.

I am afraid that 1 day the call may be crucial and I cannot answer it because my phone cannot accept/connect with the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    ok, i didn't want to believe it, but i am missing calls on the sprint treo pro. anyone else?

i dont want to say it's the poor signal because i really havn't been droping calls. i have recieved a few voicemails when just minutes before the phone didn't ring. my daughter also called me twice, one after another, and i never recieved it.

these missed calls are not showing up in my call log either. i have changed my voicemail message to something like " sorry i missed your call, my phone is starting to freek me out and i dont think it rings half the time. please leave a message so i know if i need to return it within my 30 days, or get it replaced." lol

please say I'm the only one.

cody

Haven't missed any that I know of. I use this the same way I used my 800w and it hasn't given me any reason question the reliability.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Hey - I was having the same problem, and I was on the phone with Sprint Tech support all night...I think we fixed it! Are you on an ActiveSync server? One of the reasons I got this phone is because it can sync with my company's email server. The problem is that if it is actively syncing all the time, the phone doesn't have enough power to receive calls (okay - I don't know the technical terms for any of this, but bear with me). We changed the active sync settings so that the phone would only sync manually, and all of a sudden it started receiving calls again. To the person who started this thread....if you've already been through 3 phones, chances are that it's not the phone, it's a network issue. Hopefully this helps! PS: If the Sprint guy who helped me is reading this (and he was online with me Googling the problem while explaining that the phone is so new, none of the problems have been officially documented yet, so he has been relying on Google to get feedback/troubleshooting advice), then thanks so much for your help and persistence in resolving this issue!!
    SOLUTION!! (at least for myself and others at our workplace)

Many of us were missing calls on our new TPs, in fact, numerous people in our company returned their TPs to Sprint for replacements or just "gave up" using the phone and switched to something else. Replacement phones missed calls.

Since our company uses an Exchange Server, it was noted that EVERYONE who was missing calls also was connected to our Exchange Server. Now, there were some people who never missed calls and they were also connected to our server.....but the interesting thing was that EVERYONE who was missing calls WAS connected to the server.

So, our IT geeks got involved and found that there was a registry setting for "Sounds" that was being "turned off" on ALL the phones that missed calls. Once they identified the "sound off" setting and RESET it to "on", the phones worked. And are still working today (after 2 days). We'll see what happens long-term, but this sure has brought to everyone now.

Not sure if it is a bug in Windows Mobile when it sets up an Exchange Server or if it has something to do with our internal Exchange Server and security.
    ^So was it that you were missing calls or the phone just wasn't ringing? The reason I ask is because my STP stopped ringing. The only way I could get an audible ring was to play an .mp3 file.

I'm sure mine was caused by one of the cabs I loaded. The last time I had this problem, I did a hard reset and the the ringtones started working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslisfree View Post
    I also have this issue with calls not going through on both of my treo pro (official release version.)

My girl and I and been missing each other's call due to the very simple reason that the calls are not going through/connecting. I know it is not a signal issue.

I would also miss her txt and receive it 2 hours later with the time stamp of when she sent it.

I am afraid that 1 day the call may be crucial and I cannot answer it because my phone cannot accept/connect with the call.
    i havent experienced the missed call issue but just yesterday my texts were getting delivered nearly 2 hours late as well! i do have the recall special edition.
    always searching for the light..
    does the exchange server thing explain the delayed delivery of texts though?
    always searching for the light..
    Cell phones can only do one thing at a time, make a call or use data. To prove it make a phone call and try launching IE ... you'll get a warning telling you that you need to end the call prior to using data.

If your syncing, that uses data. If your constantly syncing like me, your phone is constantly using data (in short bursts) so in theory, this could cause you to miss calls or at the very least receive calls delayed.

Prior to me being a Blackberry guy, i was a Moto Q guy (take it easy!) there used to be a reg edit which would allow you to use both voice and data simultaneously. I can maybe try to hunt this down, or someone else can, but regardless i would like to see if that would improve anyone's situation.

@ Lord - A text message, i believe, would be considered data so the exchange server should have nothing to do with delayed text messages.
    When I say "missed calls'....I mean that you get no notification that there is a call coming into the phone other than a message on the screen. No sound. So if you are not looking at your screen you get a "missed call" message.

Our IT guys found that on many (not all) of the STP phones on our company server, there was a registry setting for "Sounds" which was turned off. BTW, most of our company phones were less than 1 and a half months old and all bought new from Sprint retailers.

So far, EVERY phone which was missing calls and which the registry change was made are now working correctly.....no exceptions! Don't know how long it will last.....but it appears to be working.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beemergofast View Post
    SOLUTION!! (at least for myself and others at our workplace)

Many of us were missing calls on our new TPs, in fact, numerous people in our company returned their TPs to Sprint for replacements or just "gave up" using the phone and switched to something else. Replacement phones missed calls.

Since our company uses an Exchange Server, it was noted that EVERYONE who was missing calls also was connected to our Exchange Server. Now, there were some people who never missed calls and they were also connected to our server.....but the interesting thing was that EVERYONE who was missing calls WAS connected to the server.

So, our IT geeks got involved and found that there was a registry setting for "Sounds" that was being "turned off" on ALL the phones that missed calls. Once they identified the "sound off" setting and RESET it to "on", the phones worked. And are still working today (after 2 days). We'll see what happens long-term, but this sure has brought to everyone now.
    Care to share?
    Well i did some tests and i Don't think syncing constantly would impact missed calls. I was correct in saying the phone can only do 1 thing but after thinking more about i decided to see if one function had a priority and determined calls take priority over data.

If I'm on a call, i cant use data BUT if I'm using data, that session would be interrupted to receive a call.

@ Boston - While i truly hope your problem is resolved, i have reservations in believing it had anything to do with your syncing schedule due to what's posted above.
    Laquinta. I will as our IT guys Monday if they will write a brief description of the registry settings which had "sounds" turned "off", when they should have been turned "on". I'll post it when I get it.

So far my phone is working fine, no missed calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by laquinta View Post
    Care to share?
    YES PLEASE SHARE

maybe hannip can make a cab to fix this HOPEFULLY!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MRTRIPOD View Post
    YES PLEASE SHARE

HKCU -> Control Panel -> Sounds ->Ringtone0 -> sound

Previous TreoCentral post identifying the fix

john
    hannip or z can you guys make a fix for this?
    Jsage's response (in his thread) is EXACTLY why my IT department told me.

So far, our IT department has received NO complaints with missed calls on any STP phones since making the registry change......going on 5 days!!
    at least we know what the problem is now.

Hopefully somebody will cab up an easy fix.
    If this is it, that's a great find!
    Just call me Berd.
    I think there may be some miss communication going on.

The reg edit posted will fix your problem IF your problem is you are getting calls and the phone is not ringing. An example of this would be someone called you and the phone did not make an audible noise BUT if you look in your missed call log, you can see someone called you. Its not necessarily a problem with missing calls, its a problem with the phone not making an audible noise when someone calls which has the effect of making you miss the call.

The problem myself, Cody, and i believe lots of other people are having is when someone calls you the phone does not respond in any way. I can even go into my missed call log and NOTHING, no missed calls, yet in some mysterious way i will have a voicemail from someone.

Just wanted to clarify because despite having an Airave, despite having changed the SCI and ACCOLC, I had this problem again yesterday.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast