1.    #1  
    QoreFunctions is pleased to announce the release of:

RepeatingAlerts Pro for Treo Pro

Never miss another Email, SMS, Reminder, Task, Call, or Voicemail.

Repeat New Event Notifications with Custom Alerts for Windows Mobile 5/6 Professional.

Features:
    • Repeats Windows Mobile 5/6 Pro notifications beyond built-in one time limit
    • Alerts continue until event cleared by user action
    • Repeats notifications for new email, SMS, reminders, tasks, missed calls, new voice mail
    • Assign different repeating alert options to each new event: Blink LED or screen, play sound file, vibrate, display popup message.
    • Assign up to 6 different LED colors on Epix
    • Supports center d-pad LED on Treo Pro
    • Manages simultaneous active LED event colors
    • Set vibrate pattern to match unread email count
    • User selectable alert frequency & duration
    • Sleep option silences alerts during specified time
    • Small memory requirement, set it and forget it

7 DAY FREE TRIAL

For more information visit:
    qorefunctions.com
    Downloaded RepeatingAlerts and been using it for the last couple of hours. All I can say is WOW! Awesome app!! Just what I've been looking for!

Does what it says, and does it well. I tend to either miss or not hear the initial notification you get from WinMo whenever a new email or text message comes in. This thing blinks the center d-pad LED and I have it set to vibrate the phone every 5 minutes until I read my new messages. It also works for Calendar Reminders, new voice mails, and missed calls, etc.

I tried some other apps that claim to do this but they either didn't work reliably or slowed my Pro down to a crawl. Tried PhoneAlarm, it was overkill and way too clunky for what I needed, it also slowed my Pro way down. Also tried TreoAlerts, also seemed to slow down the device, a little difficult to set up, and even with the newest version didn't always work- a sound didn't play or vibrate, etc.

RepeatingAlerts was easy to set up and never slowed my Pro down. Set it once, pressed Start and the app never skipped a bit.

This ones a real keeper, I don't know how I functioned without it!
    Last edited by wannatreo; 04/04/2009 at 07:37 PM.
    we've had this for years.... have you ever heard of TREO ALERTS.... HELLO? SPAMMMMER!!!!
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I have, and this app works much more reliably and without slowing down the device in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I've had treo alert in 9 different versions (give or take) and 2 different devices- it's the first cab I load after a hard reset, or setting up a new or replacement device- it's never slowed me up or let me down.

And the price is pretty darn reasonable-

This new program better be able to serve me breakfast in bed if it's trying to beat FREE
    Last edited by marksr; 04/04/2009 at 10:37 PM.
    True you can't beat free, but my company tends to upgrade my device from time to time and although it's not free, RepeatingAlerts is hardware independent, TreoAlerts is not- it's designed specifically for the Treo.

Nothing is hard coded in RepeatingAlerts, I can use it and move it from phone to phone with the same license and it will access the hardware features of the new phone (LED, vibrate, etc.). A friend downloaded it to his Samsung Epix and it worked with its 6 color LED no problem.

I've also not had much luck with TreoAlerts personally and reliability/speed is extremely important in my line of work. Anyway I think a one time nominal purchase is worth it for these features and ability to work with any WinMo phone.

Just my two cents. To each his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by wannatreo View Post
    True you can't beat free, but my company tends to upgrade my device from time to time and although it's not free, RepeatingAlerts is hardware independent, TreoAlerts is not- it's designed specifically for the Treo.

Nothing is hard coded in RepeatingAlerts, I can use it and move it from phone to phone with the same license and it will access the hardware features of the new phone (LED, vibrate, etc.). A friend downloaded it to his Samsung Epix and it worked with its 6 color LED no problem.

I've also not had much luck with TreoAlerts personally and reliability/speed is extremely important in my line of work. Anyway I think a one time nominal purchase is worth it for these features and ability to work with any WinMo phone.

Just my two cents. To each his own.
    Treo Alert is not written just for the Treo. We made it device independent a long time ago back in the early beta's of 8.2. Many people use it on other devices. Sure it may have some extra LED color support for Treo's, but other than that it should work fine on other devices.

Not sure where you get your information about TA slowing your device down. Maybe in the early script versions a few years ago that might have been the case, but ever since we rewrote it in eVC++ it's been high performance.

I looked at the Repeating Alerts web site and they only support a limited set of devices so you better hope your work gets you one of them.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/04/2009 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Treo Alert is not written just for the Treo. We made it device independent a long time ago back in the early beta's of 8.2. Many people use it on other devices. Sure it may have some extra LED color support for Treo's, but other than that it should work fine on other devices.

Not sure where you get your information about TA slowing your device down. Maybe in the early script versions a few years ago that might have been the case, but ever since we rewrote it in eVC++ it's been high performance.

I looked at the Repeating Alerts web site and they only support a limited set of devices so you better hope your work gets you one of them.
    hannip, dont waste your time answering spammers. treo alert ROCKS!!!!!
    it was 6.2 when the mogul first came out that we got tc working on non treo devices. that was 2 years ago in june.

treo alerts has been super dependable and stable since 3.X verison almost 3 years ago.

treo alert does repeat notification and a whole lot more as well.

if this guy wants to sell his app, he may want to try a different forum. treo alert was written by treocentral for treocentral. we just shared with the rest of the world.

cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    This App is Crap!!

Cody's right, the treoalert app is awesome and works flawlessly. Dont waste your time downloading this app!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It may not be free, but I've been using it and for my needs it happens to be an excellent application with some nice features. I'm moving to an Omnia shortly (need the larger touch screen) and TA has some problems when the device is in standby/sleep. This app doesn't. Certainly not "crap".
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    It may not be free, but I've been using it and for my needs it happens to be an excellent application with some nice features. I'm moving to an Omnia shortly (need the larger touch screen) and TA has some problems when the device is in standby/sleep. This app doesn't. Certainly not "crap".
    Excuse me if I'm out of line- but the reason I come to Treocentral is to get unbiased user to user info.
    That having been said- at the very least, if someone is affiliated with a product, and endorses it, I think full disclosure is in order.

I notice that in a quick search for wannatreo's postings, there appears to be a significant number of posts where he is the first person to mention and endorse products by QoreFunctions, including the product in this thread. (at least three products that I saw in a 1 minute search.)

Now, it may very well be that wannatreo is a big fan of this company, and has no affiliation at all, and I DO tend to have a suspicious nature, but since he is claiming to endorse a new product, and was, in fact , once again, the first, and, once again, the only endorser of a product by QoreFunctions

-as a service to the rest of us, I'd like to know for sure that he has no affiliation at all with this company-

I like my reviews to be
    1) unaffiliated
    or
    2) affiliated with full disclosure so that marketing is not confused with reviews

This post is not meant in any way to offend anyone- and if it's taken that way, I apologize in advance,

Mark
    Last edited by marksr; 04/05/2009 at 08:09 AM. Reason: spelling
    Is this app even compatible with the Sprint Treo Pro? I installed the trial version and couldn't get it to work in my limited tests. I noticed that some of the dropdown fields on the set up pages don't populate w/choices, and the pages don't look like they are formatted for 320x320.
    No affiliation and I happen to think their applications are of very high quality and reliable. I have purchased most of them over the years. I'm on their list so I get beta and pre-release announcements.

I'm using the app with a Sprint Treo Pro and it works fine. Thanks, no offense taken.
    Last edited by wannatreo; 04/05/2009 at 08:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    No affiliation and I happen to think their applications are of very high quality and reliable. I have purchased most of them over the years.

I'm using the app with a Sprint Treo Pro and it works fine. Thanks, no offense taken.
    I appreciate the quick response- thanks,

Mark
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    Excuse me if I'm out of line- but the reason I come to Treocentral is to get unbiased user to user info.
    That having been said- at the very least, if someone is affiliated with a product, and endorses it, I think full disclosure is in order.

I notice that in a quick search for wannatreo's postings, there appears to be a significant number of posts where he is the first person to mention and endorse products by QoreFunctions, including the product in this thread. (at least three products that I saw in a 1 minute search.)

Now, it may very well be that wannatreo is a big fan of this company, and has no affiliation at all, and I DO tend to have a suspicious nature, but since he is claiming to endorse a new product, and was, in fact , once again, the first, and, once again, the only endorser of a product by QoreFunctions

-as a service to the rest of us, I'd like to know for sure that he has no affiliation at all with this company-

I like my reviews to be
    1) unaffiliated
    or
    2) affiliated with full disclosure so that marketing is not confused with reviews

This post is not meant in any way to offend anyone- and if it's taken that way, I apologize in advance,

Mark
    Mark, you arent the only one that has noticed this...........