Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 90
  1. #61  
    Sounds like a flashing party may be near.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Sounds like a flashing party may be near.
    And the party just got better, check this out!!! (Oh so many cool ROMs to choose from, so little time ...)
  3. #63  
    I had a Treo 650 for years, just got a Sprint HTC Touch Pro yesterday and hate it already (mostly due to Windows Mobile) and am going to swap it for a Centro. I'll miss the keyboard and screen and extra power/functions, but for 90% of what I do the Centro just makes life much easier.
  4. #64  
    I understand. I enjoyed the Centro tremendously, but the constant starting/stopping of applications was time consuming. The Touch Pro for me has been good.
  5. #65  
    Do what I do get a bunch of phones and rotate them. I have 4 phones (Touch Pro, Treo 800, Centro and 700wx).

    I cannot wait for the WM 6.5, Touch Pro 2 UI and more.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  6. #66  
    I agree with most of the posts here in regards to the Treo Pro. I have used Treo's since they first came out and I have used every Sprint smartphone as well. I currently have a Diamond, Touch Pro, Samsung Omnia, Sprint Treo Pro.

    I am very happy with the Treo Pro so far. I can use this device so much faster than any of the others. The call quality on the Sprint Treo Pro is the best I have had on any phone. I have tested the handset, bluetooth headset (Plantronics 925 and Jawbone II), and my new Nissan Altima's bluetooth car kit. The speakerphone is not as good as some blackberries I have tried but I don't think any WM smartphone speakerphones have ever been stellar. The Touch Pro 2 will have an awesome speakerphone. Bluetooth is very solid. Everything connects immediately and no volume problem like the Treo 800w. I am not having any volume issues at all with the handset or bluetooth profiles.

    The keyboard is smaller but so far I am typing just as fast as with the 800w. The screen seems to be a little brighterThe Touch Pro 2 will have an awesome speakerphone and crisper than the 800w, but could still be brighter. I love the fact that the GPS will work without a Sprint signal. I wish they had put in 256MB of RAM but I haven't had problems yet. The camera is not great after coming from the HTC Diamond, Touch Pro, and Omnia. I love having the 3.5mm headset jack for using the AUX in my car. Battery life is much improved over the 800w and I haven't had any problems with that yet.

    Overall I will keep my Treo Pro until the 800x480 HTC devices come out, hopefully with expandable storage on the Diamond 2. I won't look at the Pre because I am a business user and need Microsoft Office capability.

    Everyone has their own preferences and I respect them all but for me the Treo Pro meets about 95% of my smartphone needs.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by techgeek32 View Post
    I agree with most of the posts here in regards to the Treo Pro. I have used Treo's since they first came out and I have used every Sprint smartphone as well. I currently have a Diamond, Touch Pro, Samsung Omnia, Sprint Treo Pro.

    I am very happy with the Treo Pro so far. I can use this device so much faster than any of the others. The call quality on the Sprint Treo Pro is the best I have had on any phone. I have tested the handset, bluetooth headset (Plantronics 925 and Jawbone II), and my new Nissan Altima's bluetooth car kit. The speakerphone is not as good as some blackberries I have tried but I don't think any WM smartphone speakerphones have ever been stellar. The Touch Pro 2 will have an awesome speakerphone. Bluetooth is very solid. Everything connects immediately and no volume problem like the Treo 800w. I am not having any volume issues at all with the handset or bluetooth profiles.

    The keyboard is smaller but so far I am typing just as fast as with the 800w. The screen seems to be a little brighterThe Touch Pro 2 will have an awesome speakerphone and crisper than the 800w, but could still be brighter. I love the fact that the GPS will work without a Sprint signal. I wish they had put in 256MB of RAM but I haven't had problems yet. The camera is not great after coming from the HTC Diamond, Touch Pro, and Omnia. I love having the 3.5mm headset jack for using the AUX in my car. Battery life is much improved over the 800w and I haven't had any problems with that yet.

    Overall I will keep my Treo Pro until the 800x480 HTC devices come out, hopefully with expandable storage on the Diamond 2. I won't look at the Pre because I am a business user and need Microsoft Office capability.

    Everyone has their own preferences and I respect them all but for me the Treo Pro meets about 95% of my smartphone needs.
    Good post... lot better than a lot of compare and contrast stuff I see...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  8. #68  
    I'll be switching off between the Treo and the Touch. A coworker of mine is trading his touch pro for my Curve, so I'll be able to mess around with cooked roms and TouchFlo. I'm sure I'll go back to the Treo if I can't stand the Touch, but I know for sure I'll have the Pre in my hands when it comes out, so I might play around for 2 months.
  9. #69  
    Wow i've read through every single post in this thread and can tell you that what determines the phone that you keep for your day to day functions is based on "your needs". Doesn't matter about the specs or which phone is more powerful, better etc simply "your needs". Now with that being said specs wise hands down the HTC Touch Pro is a better phone and thats what i am using for my day to day needs. Do i know its a better phone specs wise yes and does it fit my day to day needs more than any phone right now yes, so thats a win win for me. I am coming from the Treo lifeline beginning with the 600 and ending with the 800w that was what made me pack it in with Treo's. I had every treo in between with the exception of the centro. 600-650-700-755-800 then HTC diamond and now HTC Touch Pro.
    The reason why i keep coming to this forum is because Treo's are my first love when it comes to phones and man did she break my heart with the 800w , its like breaking up with that old girlfriend who still has your heart but you check in on her periodically to see if she has made the necessary changes to get back with her. But with that being said i think the Treo Pro is the best overall Treo phone to date and thats why i still want it even if its as a back up to my HTC Touch Pro. I've played around with it enough to know that. I don't care what anyone or any moderator says just because i chose another phone besides Treo right now, your'e not gonna stop me from coming on this forum, i've invested too much in Treo's and contributed too much to this board for anyone to tell me that because i don't own a Treo pro right now my opinion is not valid. That is just ridiculous.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    Wow i've read through every single post in this thread and can tell you that what determines the phone that you keep for your day to day functions is based on "your needs". Doesn't matter about the specs or which phone is more powerful, better etc simply "your needs". Now with that being said specs wise hands down the HTC Touch Pro is a better phone and thats what i am using for my day to day needs. Do i know its a better phone specs wise yes and does it fit my day to day needs more than any phone right now yes, so thats a win win for me. I am coming from the Treo lifeline beginning with the 600 and ending with the 800w that was what made me pack it in with Treo's. I had every treo in between with the exception of the centro. 600-650-700-755-800 then HTC diamond and now HTC Touch Pro.
    The reason why i keep coming to this forum is because Treo's are my first love when it comes to phones and man did she break my heart with the 800w , its like breaking up with that old girlfriend who still has your heart but you check in on her periodically to see if she has made the necessary changes to get back with her. But with that being said i think the Treo Pro is the best overall Treo phone to date and thats why i still want it even if its as a back up to my HTC Touch Pro. I've played around with it enough to know that. I don't care what anyone or any moderator says just because i chose another phone besides Treo right now, your'e not gonna stop me from coming on this forum, i've invested too much in Treo's and contributed too much to this board for anyone to tell me that because i don't own a Treo pro right now my opinion is not valid. That is just ridiculous.
    Good post. I still have 3 Palm devices (800, Centro & 700wx) but my primary device is a Touch Pro. With WM 6.5 and TP2 ROM's coming there is no way I can give it. If I get bored I rotate devices. Hang out here all you want. There is a large percent of people in the same situation.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    Wow i've read through every single post in this thread and can tell you that what determines the phone that you keep for your day to day functions is based on "your needs". Doesn't matter about the specs or which phone is more powerful, better etc simply "your needs". Now with that being said specs wise hands down the HTC Touch Pro is a better phone and thats what i am using for my day to day needs. Do i know its a better phone specs wise yes and does it fit my day to day needs more than any phone right now yes, so thats a win win for me. I am coming from the Treo lifeline beginning with the 600 and ending with the 800w that was what made me pack it in with Treo's. I had every treo in between with the exception of the centro. 600-650-700-755-800 then HTC diamond and now HTC Touch Pro.
    The reason why i keep coming to this forum is because Treo's are my first love when it comes to phones and man did she break my heart with the 800w , its like breaking up with that old girlfriend who still has your heart but you check in on her periodically to see if she has made the necessary changes to get back with her. But with that being said i think the Treo Pro is the best overall Treo phone to date and thats why i still want it even if its as a back up to my HTC Touch Pro. I've played around with it enough to know that. I don't care what anyone or any moderator says just because i chose another phone besides Treo right now, your'e not gonna stop me from coming on this forum, i've invested too much in Treo's and contributed too much to this board for anyone to tell me that because i don't own a Treo pro right now my opinion is not valid. That is just ridiculous.
    I think the biggest issue most have with people who own other devices is they seem to MUST announce their device in every thread they post.

    It gets to a point that everyone knows that they don't care for palm and have a htc pro... like vibrat red gt... it gets to be ridiculous.

    Everyone happens to be welcome... heck I own a number of phones that are not palms, but I don't feel the need to throw them out there in every thread either...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I think the biggest issue most have with people who own other devices is they seem to MUST announce their device in every thread they post.

    It gets to a point that everyone knows that they don't care for palm and have a htc pro... like vibrat red gt... it gets to be ridiculous.

    Everyone happens to be welcome... heck I own a number of phones that are not palms, but I don't feel the need to throw them out there in every thread either...
    If I owned what you owned I wouldn't announce it in any thread either.

    Hey, thanks for being a stalker and reading all my posts. Now that's ridiculous. I also have a Sanyo M1, a pack of Tic-Tac's in my pocket and a size 12 shoe but I'm sure you knew that.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  13. #73  
    Now that's scary, I have a Tungsten E, TX, a Treo 650, A Treo 700p. a Treo 690 (AKA Centro) Used to have 3 800w's at various times, a Touch Pro (good phone), a size 12 shoe and big hands.

    No Tic Tacs though, but a pack of Spearment gum in my pocket. No Red Mustang, I have a red Dodge crew cab 1 ton dually

  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    If I owned what you owned I wouldn't announce it in any thread either.
    Actually, you don't know what I own...

    You are childish and comical at the same time.

    Why don't you go play with your toys that you claim to belong to your "kids."
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Actually, you don't know what I own...

    You are childish and comical at the same time.

    Why don't you go play with your toys that you claim to belong to your "kids."
    I know what you own, we've talked about numerous times. And thanks, I try to be comical at all times and yes I love toys. I love to play with my kids and kids toys. Who doesn't? My son and I just played yesterdays replay of the Masters on the PS3 (Tiger Woods 09). He came up 2 strokes short with Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson (me) won it on 18 after he (my son/Tiger) tried for the green off the tee (in the trees). He got revenge by beating me on the last lap of Nascar 09 at Daytona. Damn you Dale Jr.! (I was Carl Edwards, I have to use a Ford). Good stuff.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I know what you own, we've talked about numerous times. .
    No you don't... you don't even know me... honestly, there is something seriously wrong with you.

    And I've never talked to you... your imagination runs wild...

    For giggles (and the fun of being childish), what was the last phone I talked on? What phone did I recently return? Which phone did I borrow? How many phones did I carry today and what kinds? How many phones do I own... as of right now?
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  17. #77  
    Well Theog, have you ever owned a Treo Pro?
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    No you don't... you don't even know me... honestly, there is something seriously wrong with you.

    And I've never talked to you... your imagination runs wild...

    For giggles (and the fun of being childish), what was the last phone I talked on? What phone did I recently return? Which phone did I borrow? How many phones did I carry today and what kinds? How many phones do I own... as of right now?
    I am no stalker like yourself. I don't read any of your posts nor do I want to. I know you love and own the brick. We have gone back and forth over it (I can dig up those threads if you cannot remember but rather not, great pictures in that thread though). Other than that don't care about you. Don't want to care. Don't have any future caring scheduled either. Did I mention my 3 Palm devices and awesome Touch Pro? That's why I'm here. Still rocking the Palm stuff just for fun. Just in case you didn't remember.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I am no stalker like yourself. I don't read any of your posts nor do I want to. I know you love and own the brick. We have gone back and forth over it (I can dig up those threads if you cannot remember but rather not, great pictures in that thread though). Other than that don't care about you. Don't want to care. Don't have any future caring scheduled either. Did I mention my 3 Palm devices and awesome Touch Pro? That's why I'm here. Still rocking the Palm stuff just for fun. Just in case you didn't remember.
    In other words, you don't know what I own... please stop stating that you do, when you obviously don't. What brick are you talking about? I've carried three phones this week already.

    I tested the touch pro.. I didn't like slide action and it had terrible battery life. Definitely not the phone for me... but that is life.

    Darnell, no touch pro... waiting for a seller on ebay to state they are selling 1.04 devices ONLY.

    I'm out of contract with sprint so my plan is to but a pro on ebay and get the pre on contract.

    I might wait for the pre to launch, then wait to see what others say and get the pro from sprint and the pre on ebay. I'm not in a rush either way... have enough toys to play with.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  20. #80  
    Theog, I simply find your actions here at times to be most interesting. You continually accuse others of doing things to be disruptive, but you who have no Treo Pro, participated in a poll for Treo Pro owners with a negative response. Skewing results.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions