Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I did my comparison on page 1 of this thread. Again just need to read. I have done my fair of bashing the 800 because I am honest. I've owned 4 of them and the device is so poor Palm and Sprint decided to can it in favor of the Treo Pro. I am typing this from my 800.

I am not antagonizing you. Must be something personal your feeling. However name calling is a violation of TreoCentral rules so becareful what you say/type.

Relax, again its a phone.
    I must have missed your comparison of the Treo Pro and the Touch Pro, which is the point of the thread. You keep bringing up other devices to obscure that. Who cares whether you've owned 4 800w's? It's a Treo Pro forum.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    But he doesn't have or use a Treo Pro and the topic is a comparison of the Treo Pro and Touch Pro. Last I checked the 800w isn't a Treo Pro. So the question is fair - why is he responding, other than to tell everyone how wonderful the Touch Pro is?
    Well than go over and clear out the Palm Pre forum of all the people giving various opinions there, of a device nobody even has yet.

VRGT HAS held the Treo Pro in his hands and has even sold one or more.

Regardless, just because someone does not own a device does not mean they can't offer any comments on why they have one versus another. But once they make that rule here please let me know.

Perhaps since you've never used a CDMA Touch Pro you should never say anything to me or VRGT again about our statements regarding the device? After all, if it's about never speaking about what someone has never used, you've got no grounds by your own standards to speak to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Well than go over and clear out the Palm Pre forum of all the people giving various opinions there, of a device nobody even has yet.

VRGT HAS held the Treo Pro in his hands and has even sold one or more.

Regardless, just because someone does not own a device does not mean they can't offer any comments on why they have one versus another. But once they make that rule here please let me know.

Perhaps since you've never used a CDMA Touch Pro you should never say anything to me or VRGT again about our statements regarding the device? After all, if it's about never speaking about what someone has never used, you've got no grounds by your own standards to speak to us.
    I've never uttered a word about the CDMA Treo Pro.

I hope you two enjoy your little Touch Pro club.
    But you have been trying to assert things we've said about the Touch Pro are not true. Such as the camera quality, ROM and other features. You've never used a camera or anything else on a CDMA Touch Pro.
    But you have been trying to assert things we've said about the Touch Pro are not true. Such as the camera quality, ROM and other features. You've never used a camera or anything else on a CDMA Touch Pro.
    I was clearly relaying my experience from the GSM Touch Pro, which is a heck of a lot more similar to the CDMA Touch Pro than an 800w is to a Treo Pro.

And it's comical how "holding one in your hand" or "selling a few" is apparently tantamount to ownership and serious use of a device.

You two seem to have a lot invested in your opinions being taken as gospel.
    I was clearly relaying my experience from the GSM Touch Pro, which is a heck of a lot more similar to the CDMA Touch Pro than an 800w is to a Treo Pro.
    Still, you have never used what I'm using, so you can't speak to me by your own standard that nobody speak unless they've actually used the device. You've never used a CDMA Touch Pro, so you have no standing by your own standards to reply to anything I say about my Touch Pro experience.

You two seem to have a lot invested in your opinions being taken as gospel.
    Not really.

But we're not going anywhere just because you don't like having us around. Your view of who should be here is your own and till they make you moderator, means nothing to me.
    Not really.

But we're not going anywhere just because you don't like having us around. Your view of who should be here is your own and till they make you moderator, means nothing to me.
    Did I tell you to leave?

I just asked why you were here, since you don't own the device and seem to enjoy extolling the virtues of other devices and the shortcomings of the Treo Pro, in a Treo Pro forum. Must be a lot of fun for you.
    Did I tell you to leave?

I just asked why you were here, since you don't own the device and seem to enjoy extolling the virtues of other devices and the shortcomings of the Treo Pro, in a Treo Pro forum. Must be a lot of fun for you.
    I explained why I'm here.

You're one who feels I'm here to prop up one device and bash another, but that opinion is not shared by all. We can do much to help each other when not trying to put each other down Dwboston.
    Geez, what a loozer-fest this is turning into...

Whoever said the Treo Pro and Centro keyboards are the same has never used one. The Centro has a gummy bear feel and Treo Pro is chiclet feel. To me, the Treo keyboard is much better. Granted, not as good as 700wx, but that's the tradeoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    You have to remember battery life in the Touch Pro was such a huge improvement over the Treo 800, which I was coming from. You cannot compare it against a BlackBerry device. If the Treo 800 was never released and the Treo Pro was the 700wx successor (which is the way it should have went down) then many of us would have stayed with Palm. The Touch Pro out of the box has been stable. If your mind is dead set on the Treo form factor and you buy a Touch Pro then your opinion will probably be biased in a way and I get it. I have the ability to adapt to any device I own.

The days of buying a new device on day 1 were ruined by the Treo 800 last year. Now I wait and read the forums (why I am browsing the boards everyday) and make my decisions based on what items I can tolerate (I know it will never be perfect).

Good work on the stuff you and others have provided by the way.
    You'll be shocked by the battery life on the treo Pro. I'm at 24 hours with a few calls, some web browsing, a good 2 hours of Bejeweled 2 and it's still at 55%.

I also owned a BB. While not a Curve, compared to the last few years of Winmo devices, hands down this has had the best battery life for me. The difference between it and my 6700/Touch/Touch Pro is such that it's not even worse a comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnybravo View Post
    You'll be shocked by the battery life on the treo Pro. I'm at 24 hours with a few calls, some web browsing, a good 2 hours of Bejeweled 2 and it's still at 55%.

I also owned a BB. While not a Curve, compared to the last few years of Winmo devices, hands down this has had the best battery life for me. The difference between it and my 6700/Touch/Touch Pro is such that it's not even worse a comparison.

Johnny, I will be trying one hopefully soon. I don't think battery life was a concern in this thread. The Touch Pro has a 1340mAH vs. Treo Pro 1500mAH. Plus the Touch Pro has a few more battery draining features over the Treo Pro. The VGA screen being the most obvious.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I think we should all agree to disagree and be happy with the choice we made. I've used both devices and the strengths I've found in my Treo Pro are more valuable to me than the weaknesses I experienced in the Touch Pro. I have experience based on my 5+ months with the Touch Pro and my 2-3 weeks with my Treo Pro. That doesn't make me better than anyone else here to offer their opinion.

And for the record, the camera on the Touch Pro was really nice. It just took a bit too long to take a picture for it to be used spontaneously. Again, my observations.

And we have panorama mode too
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    And for the record, the camera on the Touch Pro was really nice. It just took a bit too long to take a picture for it to be used spontaneously. Again, my observations.p
    I agree.. I think what made it worse was the cobwebs that formed while you waited for the picture to be taken.

Gosh that phone was slow. No, that was not slow, the battery died. Darn it.

Treo pro and htc device are two different animals anyway... whatever floats your boat... I'm with the rest of the crew, seems like a lot of Palm Haters on this forum....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Today I was to receive my 2 Treo Pro's but instead they sent me 2 Touch Pro's, now I knew within 9 minutes the Touch was not for me. So after "Hitting" the roof Sprint said go to the shop & they would exchange them (more money & time they again have taken from me), but let me ask do you think it worthwhile to keep one Touch & keep one Treo?
    My thoughts are to keep 2 Treo Pro's & have my 800's as back-ups.
    If I specifically requested 2 Treo Pros, I probably would never like the Touch Pro because it was sent to me by mistake. But that's just me.

The folks at Sprint have GOT TO get their products straight! I know I've called them once to talk about the Touch Pro and they gave me stuff related to the old HTC Touch .

Pros, Touches and Pre are leaving them all confused .
    Last edited by darnell; 04/07/2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo.
    Today I'm going to Sprint & getting my 2 Treo Pro's. Mad you don't know how MAD I was. I'm still w/Sprint but I just don't know how they're going to make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    ...but I just don't know how they're going to make it.
    The Pre might help save more than one company if it sells big at launch.

Regarding the Treo Pro, it is continually picking up new carriers, that's a very good thing.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

Thanks all for the replies. I didn't really speak much on the first post, as I wanted the discussion not to be too tainted by my experiences.

Touch Pro

I had my Touch Pro since day one. I loved: screen, TF3D, Camera, scanning software, screen (did I say that twice)?

I hated: Battery life, battery life, battery life, slowdown (keyboard and device slowdown). I couldn't truly get used to the slider delay, but moreso, I hated when TF3D bogged in trying to scroll through items.

I don't flash with cooked ROMs, that's not why I buy phones. I want them to work as designed. Many people loved the MOTOROLA Q9c over any WM device when it was out. It worked very well, and the battery lasted seemingly forever. The keyboard was good as well. I didn't enjoy WM Smartphone edition as much, so i stuck to my treos, but it didn't change the fact that Motorola had a winner there.

Treo Pro

I wish I could say it is all love with the Treo Pro. It isn't.

I love the formfactor. The keyboard doesn't bother me. The screen does, coming from the Touch Pro, it really blows. The battery life is great on it.

I miss TF3D, but i don't miss the slowness that accompanies it.

My major gripe with the Treo Pro is that HTC didn't customize the phone to take advantage of its natural abilities. I hate that notifications are hidden so that if I get multiple ones of different kinds, I can't get to any of them with one touch.

I hate that I can't get to voicemail with one press. Palm did a much better job in tweaking the phone in order to do these things.

In response to the memory thing, I never experience any low memory issues with the STP, and I run the usual suspects... Slingplayer, Live Search Google Maps, for starters.

I find the camera on the TOUCH PRO to be heads above that of the Treo Pro. I have pictures from both. The Treo Pro is just outclassed. I don't disagree with anyone else here on that one.

Overall, I will stick to the Treo until the Pre comes out. I'm still not sold on WM overall, but I am sold on the vertical form factor, regardless if I have to slide the keyboard out or not. I've used WM since the Treo 700wx so I should be used to it, but I find it to be the WORST mobile OS out there.

Thanks again for the discussion points, though.
    Well I cooled off & realized it happens & returned my tablets in exchange for two Treo Pro's. I believe there are no phones out there that we want & where all the workings to improve the HTC I'm adjusting to this Treo which already has everything improved that I need. My digital Camera takes better pictures than the Touch Pro so I have no complaints there The Pre to me is another tablet going in another direction. This has been a good post one I'm sure will carry on but now I'm off to enjoy my Palm & say thanks for all these replies which have helped me make my decision to stay with Palm. I like the Treo Pro's their comfortable & work very well & the battery keeps going & going & going. Thanks all.
    Without the use of a custom ROM, the Touch Pro's performance can be adjusted upward with some simple registry tweaks. Custom ROMs on the Touch Pro, simply take performance to a place beyond anything I've ever witnessed before. But I moved from the Treo 800w to the Touch Pro and the Touch Pro performed well for me once making the few registry adjustments, to better make use of its resources.

Some Touch Pro tweaks also work on the Treo Pro.

And some Touch Pro registry tweaks are spins of old Palm Treo 700wx tweaks. Anyway, MightyMike's WM 6.5 ROM is near. I'm just waiting to flash .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast