Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 90
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    why do so many current none treo owners still hang out in treo forums?
    I've always wondered that myself. Are they really wanting a Treo but are just waiting for that magical something to happen before they jump on it?

    Or are all the other forums just so boring that they end up here. lol
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

    why do so many current none treo owners still hang out in treo forums?
    I am typing this from my Treo 800. I may even pick up a Treo Pro to add to my 4 device rotation. Problem is I am reading these boards to see if the Treo Pro offers anything I don't have currently in all the devices I own.

    I also get a kick of those who have taken a 180 and now trash their former device as they've switched to the Treo Pro.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I am typing this from my Treo 800. I may even pick up a Treo Pro to add to my 4 device rotation. Problem is I am reading these boards to see if the Treo Pro offers anything I don't have currently in all the devices I own.

    I also get a kick of those who have taken a 180 and now trash their former device as they've switched to the Treo Pro.
    now now, i never considered my touch pro to be my device. returned it before i called it a keeper.

    now with the blackberry curve.... that was a good deivce. what it does, it does well. i will never talk trash about it. i will say while i owned it i missed a lot of what wm gave me and that i'm glad to be back in wm. i cant say i will never own a blackberry again though.

    and for the record.... for those who dont know.... VibrantRedGT and I are buddies from different forums, different device, and what not. just playing with each other as we hunt for that perfect device. well, at least we were buddies before this thread. lol
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    now now, i never considered my touch pro to be my device. returned it before i called it a keeper.

    now with the blackberry curve.... that was a good deivce. what it does, it does well. i will never talk trash about it. i will say while i owned it i missed a lot of what wm gave me and that i'm glad to be back in wm. i cant say i will never own a blackberry again though.

    and for the record.... for those who dont know.... VibrantRedGT and I are buddies from different forums, different device, and what not. just playing with each other as we hunt for that perfect device. well, at least we were buddies before this thread. lol
    Of course we are still buds. You helped me through my BB flash and other stuff. I do still own two Treo's and a Centro. You are convincing me to get a Treo Pro. Again just waiting for clearification on a few issues before I start pursuing it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Of course we are still buds. You helped me through my BB flash and other stuff. I do still own two Treo's and a Centro. You are convincing me to get a Treo Pro. Again just waiting for clearification on a few issues before I start pursuing it.
    unlike myself, you are a wise man to wait, check out the reviews, and not go out and buy it the first day it comes out like i always do.

    knowing me like you do, when i say the treo pro is a strong competetor. not the perfect device, but pretty balanced with more pros than cons. considering todays sprint windows mobile line up, it's my only device.

    i loved cooking roms, making my own OEM packages, flashing devices, and what not, but i dont know how you guys kept the touch pro for so long. poor battery life never got much better with the ROMS and they never over came the "battery drains faster than phone charges" problem.

    looking in my sig people will see that i have not been afraid of slider/ touch screen devices. i've tried/ owned them all. i will say that i sure prefer a portrait qwerty like the treo/curves. smaller in the pocket and easier one handed.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  6. #26  
    You have to remember battery life in the Touch Pro was such a huge improvement over the Treo 800, which I was coming from. You cannot compare it against a BlackBerry device. If the Treo 800 was never released and the Treo Pro was the 700wx successor (which is the way it should have went down) then many of us would have stayed with Palm. The Touch Pro out of the box has been stable. If your mind is dead set on the Treo form factor and you buy a Touch Pro then your opinion will probably be biased in a way and I get it. I have the ability to adapt to any device I own.

    The days of buying a new device on day 1 were ruined by the Treo 800 last year. Now I wait and read the forums (why I am browsing the boards everyday) and make my decisions based on what items I can tolerate (I know it will never be perfect).

    Good work on the stuff you and others have provided by the way.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    If your mind is dead set on the Treo form factor and you buy a Touch Pro then your opinion will probably be biased in a way and I get it. I have the ability to adapt to any device I own.
    Obviously my mind wasn't dead set on the Treo form factor, which is why I gave the Touch Pro a shot. It didn't cut it so I returned it.

    Congratulations on your adaptability. I'd rather the device be adaptable to me rather than the other way around.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Sorry Darnell, but the camera on the Touch Pro is not good. Sure, it has autofocus, but there better be no movement whatsoever in the camera or subject or the picture is going to be lousy.
    I can't speak for the Treo Pro camera, but I can say I'm finding the Touch Pro camera to be way better than the 800w camera. And the 800w camera is 2.0MP.

    And by extolling the customization of the Touch Pro you've hit on exactly the problem: it completely sucks out of the box. You HAVE to flash it with a custom ROM and tweak the hell out of it to make it even the least bit usable. The GSM Treo Pro is a much better device right out of the box. I'd rather spend my time using my phone than spend day after day on XDA searching for a stable ROM and flashing and re-flashing.
    You've missed where I've already stated the current stock Sprint ROM is good. Many who complain about Touch Pros regarding ROMs are NOT and NEVER used the version of stock Sprint ROM me, VRGT and others who got one more recently from Sprint got, Sprint stock ROM 1.03.651.4. Ours were working well and 100% stable out of the box. Over on XDA, the latest stock Sprint ROM gets props.

    In some other Treo product forums, they happily talk about using their customized ROMs, while not seeing their stock ROMs as bad. That is how I feel about my Touch Pro and I hope perhaps that is a joy that might one day be part of the Treo Pro forum.

    No offense to the Touch Pro users, but for the price it should be a MUCH better device.
    No offense, but should the Treo Pro that costs about the same have a better keyboard?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

    why do so many current none treo owners still hang out in treo forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I've always wondered that myself. Are they really wanting a Treo but are just waiting for that magical something to happen before they jump on it?

    Or are all the other forums just so boring that they end up here. lol
    Really, the Touch Pro forums are so active, a new thread started in the AM is pages back by the PM. I am here and on Touch Pro forums also. If you see my TC join date, I've been around these parts a very long time. Was even around when there was VisorCentral, any of you remember that? So I'm here for the conversation.

    And in case you folks didn't realize it, you're sort of our HTC cousins, given HTC had a hand in your Treo Pros. At times we can help each other. So let's be friends, OK?

    I don't start these Treo Pro versus Touch Pro threads, but it's fun conversation when they come up . I really just hang out to learn, chit-chat and when I can, offer assistance.

    I'm really happy for you folks that have and enjoy the Treo Pro. I wish the Treo Pro was my first WM device rather than what was my first WM device (Treo 800w). But hey I've got a Touch Pro and I'm happy with it. No, I'm not at all thinking of getting another Treo. But having been a long time Treo owner, I do like keeping up with how things are going and honestly, I'd rather Palm succeed than die. Not that I want any more from Palm, but there's history I don't want to see totally vanish.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Obviously my mind wasn't dead set on the Treo form factor, which is why I gave the Touch Pro a shot. It didn't cut it so I returned it.

    Congratulations on your adaptability. I'd rather the device be adaptable to me rather than the other way around.
    Funny you mention that. Before the Treo Pro was ready for release many said the Centro gel keyboard on the Treo Pro was a deal breaker. Why would Palm downgrade from the 800 keyboard they all complained about. Seems those people have adapted just fine.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Funny you mention that. Before the Treo Pro was ready for release many said the Centro gel keyboard on the Treo Pro was a deal breaker. Why would Palm downgrade from the 800 keyboard they all complained about. Seems those people have adapted just fine.
    I was (and still am to a degree) an 800 keyboard lover. Initially I had no plans to "go Pro", largely because I had read that it would have that Centro booger keyboard that makes my skin crawl. When they finally got one at my local store, I found the keyboard to be smaller and didn't feel as good as my 800's, however that "booger" gel feel was not present, so I was pleasantly surprised. I can get used to it. Still though, it took Sprint accelerating my $150 upgrade eligibility to consider taking the plunge. I still have my 800w and will keep it as a backup, but I have to admit that some things that I didn't think were all that bad on it turned out to be vastly improved on the Pro. Call quality out of the the earpiece being the one that jumps out at me the most. The jury is still out on battery life, as I want to give it a little time to get conditioned, but it certainly won't be worse.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    I was (and still am to a degree) an 800 keyboard lover. Initially I had no plans to "go Pro", largely because I had read that it would have that Centro booger keyboard that makes my skin crawl. When they finally got one at my local store, I found the keyboard to be smaller and didn't feel as good as my 800's, however that "booger" gel feel was not present, so I was pleasantly surprised. I can get used to it. Still though, it took Sprint accelerating my $150 upgrade eligibility to consider taking the plunge. I still have my 800w and will keep it as a backup, but I have to admit that some things that I didn't think were all that bad on it turned out to be vastly improved on the Pro. Call quality out of the the earpiece being the one that jumps out at me the most. The jury is still out on battery life, as I want to give it a little time to get conditioned, but it certainly won't be worse.
    Sanders, exactly my point. Glad your digging the keyboard/Treo Pro. Once you find something you like adaptability is normal. We all do it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Funny you mention that. Before the Treo Pro was ready for release many said the Centro gel keyboard on the Treo Pro was a deal breaker. Why would Palm downgrade from the 800 keyboard they all complained about. Seems those people have adapted just fine.
    Who's talking about the Centro? Way to change the subject. Again, congrats on your adaptability, whatever that means. Apparently if someone doesn't like the Touch Pro, due to the device's many shortcomings, they aren't adaptable enough. Got it.
    Last edited by dwboston; 04/05/2009 at 06:00 PM.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Who's talking about the Centro? Way to change the subject. Again, congrats on your adaptability, whatever that means. Apparently if someone doesn't like the Touch Pro, due to the devices many shortcomings, they aren't adaptable enough. Got it.
    Hello? The Treo Pro has the same gel keyboard buttons as the CENTRO. The internet is full of information. Try it out sometime before you post. Nothing to do with the Touch Pro. Got it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Hello? The Treo Pro has the same gel keyboard buttons as the CENTRO. The internet is full of information. Try it out sometime before you post. Nothing to do with the Touch Pro. Got it.
    Actually the keyboard ISN'T exactly the same as the Centro as others have said. Thanks for the attitude though.

    Why are you here? Do you own a Treo Pro? Isn't there another board that could benefit from your genius and wisdom, like maybe a board for a device that you actually own?
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post

    Why are you here? Do you own a Treo Pro? Isn't there another board that could benefit from your genius and wisdom, like maybe a board for a device that you actually own?
    If the title of this thread was asking about the "IPhone or Treo Pro" and an IPhone owner chimed in, would it be questioned why they spoke up?

    These "this or that" threads always stir up some contention, but isn't it a complement in its self, that someone has a hard time deciding?

    Let's be happy and enjoy that we're all happy with what we have .
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If the title of this thread was asking about the "IPhone or Treo Pro" and an IPhone owner chimed in, would it be questioned why they spoke up?

    These "this or that" threads always stir up some contention, but isn't it a complement in its self, that someone has a hard time deciding?

    Let's be happy and enjoy that we're all happy with what we have .
    But he doesn't have or use a Treo Pro and the topic is a comparison of the Treo Pro and Touch Pro. Last I checked the 800w isn't a Treo Pro. So the question is fair - why is he responding, other than to tell everyone how wonderful the Touch Pro is?
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Actually the keyboard ISN'T exactly the same as the Centro as others have said. Thanks for the attitude though.

    Why are you here? Do you own a Treo Pro? Isn't there another board that could benefit from your genius and wisdom, like maybe a board for a device that you actually own?
    When you are able to do that internet thing I mentioned above you will find I am doing my Treo Pro research before I buy (pssst....hint, hint, its mentioned in this thread like a few posts up). I chose not to buy right away.

    I currently use 3 Palm devices (Treo 800, 700wx & Centro) as well as my primary Touch Pro. Also while your still doing the reading thing the TC rules are fine with people being on these here boards even if you don't actually own the device. Welcome to America.

    We all pretty much get along here. Sarcasm is harmless so don't take it personal. Its just a phone.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    When you are able to do that internet thing I mentioned above you will find I am doing my Treo Pro research before I buy (pssst....hint, hint, its mentioned in this thread like a few posts up). I chose not to buy right away.

    I currently use 3 Palm devices (Treo 800, 700wx & Centro) as well as my primary Touch Pro. Also while your still doing the reading thing the TC rules are fine with people being on these here boards even if you don't actually own the device. Welcome to America.

    We all pretty much get along here. Sarcasm is harmless so don't take it personal. Its just a phone.
    So since you are just doing "research" and don't own or use a Treo Pro, what exactly are you contributing to a Treo Pro/Touch Pro comparison thread? I've owned both devices. You seem to be basing your opinion on the 800w.

    I guess antagonizing people and replying like a sarcastic @zz is what passes for "research" these days.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    So since you are just doing "research" and don't own or use a Treo Pro, what exactly are you contributing to a Treo Pro/Touch Pro comparison thread? I've owned both devices. You seem to be basing your opinion on the 800w.

    I guess antagonizing people and replying like a sarcastic @zz is what passes for "research" these days.
    I did my comparison on page 1 of this thread. Again just need to read. I have done my fair of bashing the 800 because I am honest. I've owned 4 of them and the device is so poor Palm and Sprint decided to can it in favor of the Treo Pro. I am typing this from my 800.

    I am not antagonizing you. Must be something personal your feeling. However name calling is a violation of TreoCentral rules so becareful what you say/type.

    Relax, again its a phone.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions