Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwrigg View Post
    Did the TomTom use any juice from the 800w car charger?
    Did you try it with just the audio adapter to listen to music in your vehicle?
    I can see another device using power, but just the auio adapters shouldnt draw any power. Also, is it a Palm OEM car charger or an after market?
    I am on my 2nd aftermarket, i got a freebie cheap one initially but was unhappy with its charging abilities, i have since bought a higher grade aftermarket, and noticed it charges faster and seems to not over charge the unit if i have it pulugged in for a long time after the light goes from Red to Green.
    I have the micro to usb adapter as well as the aduio splitter on its way, i just dont have the Palm power splitter ordered yet. I was hoping to hear better news on its power splitting capabilities. Hummm... I dont mind paying 15 bucks from Palm for a splitter but what do they charge for shipping? Anybody got a used Palm splitter they wana sell?
    So the deal is I was running TomTom which uses the internal GPS. While the splitter was in the phone and both the charger and the host cable were plugged in, I got no charge light at all. When I yanked the host cable, I got charge light but it went from green to red, signifying power loss. When I yanked the splitter and plugged in directly from charger to phone, it took mere minutes to go back to a green charge light. The splitter is crap as far as I can tell.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Pretty ironic, I just found my old 800w power/audio splitter at the bottom of my laptop bag tonight. Been wondering what happend to it ever since you folks started testing with it, because I wanted to offer it for anyone who wants one.

Anyway, anybody who want a free Palm Power/Audio Adapter for the Treo™ 800w, just PM me your mailing address. I'll put it in an envelope and mail it to you first class at my own expense.

It's been at the bottom of my laptop bag for months. I no longer have an 800w, so I have no idea if it still works (probably does). And even if it does work now, I have not idea if it will work after sending it via snail-mail in a #10 envelope .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Pretty ironic, I just found my old 800w power/audio splitter at the bottom of my laptop bag tonight. Been wondering what happend to it ever since you folks started testing with it, because I wanted to offer it for anyone who wants one.

Anyway, anybody who want a free Palm Power/Audio Adapter for the Treo™ 800w, just PM me your mailing address. I'll put it in an envelope and mail it to you first class at my own expense.

It's been at the bottom of my laptop bag for months. I no longer have an 800w, so I have no idea if it still works (probably does). And even if it does work now, I have not idea if it will work after sending it via snail-mail in a #10 envelope .
    The splitter was claimed earlier today. Just getting a chance to mention it.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Darn, guess you missed my message earlier asking if anybody had one they wanted to sell.. Look back on page 3, towards the bottom.
    Darn, guess you missed my message earlier asking if anybody had one they wanted to sell.. Look back on page 3, towards the bottom.
    Sorry, I didn't have any to sell, just one to give away .

(By the way, there have been people making statements that they wanted a splitter way before yours . I'm talking like even before you came around these parts . )

If you're still looking to buy one, TC sells them for just $14.95 .
    So has anyone else had experience with the audio/charger splitter? Is everyone having no luck keeping their phone charged while listening to music? How about anyone using a high output wall/car charger like Seidio's? Would love to be able to go road tripping with just a single device to keep track of...
    Quote Originally Posted by fadunk View Post
    So has anyone else had experience with the audio/charger splitter? Is everyone having no luck keeping their phone charged while listening to music? How about anyone using a high output wall/car charger like Seidio's? Would love to be able to go road tripping with just a single device to keep track of...
    I gave up and got a T505. It's wonderful.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Sorry, I didn't have any to sell, just one to give away .

(By the way, there have been people making statements that they wanted a splitter way before yours . I'm talking like even before you came around these parts . )

If you're still looking to buy one, TC sells them for just $14.95 .
    LOL awe thanks for making me feel like a newbie. To be honest though, i could have sworn i was registered with this site back when i had my 650. But i am thinking lack of participation or something might have caused me to loose my membership. LOL This also has happened on 2 other sites not related to this. Maybe its a default or something. One site did email me and tell me that after they did a site upgrade some of the registered users had been lost or wiped out. Oh well either way i am glad to be back active and using the site again.

As far as the splitter goes, i work around the phones all day long. I actually have 2 hi cap and 2 standard batteries in my battery test drawer ready to go for the Centro and 800w phones. Plus 2 800w set aside for me as back up devices just in case i break mine. I just need to remember to keep a battery in my pocket.

I am just glad someone posted a good way to get audio out of the device.

Thanks again to the OP.
    LOL awe thanks for making me feel like a newbie. To be honest though, i could have sworn i was registered with this site back when i had my 650. But i am thinking lack of participation or something might have caused me to loose my membership. LOL This also has happened on 2 other sites not related to this. Maybe its a default or something. One site did email me and tell me that after they did a site upgrade some of the registered users had been lost or wiped out. Oh well either way i am glad to be back active and using the site again.
    I went from the T650 to the 800w too, but I also took a break from TC after the T650's days on top. Glad they didn't lose my account. But I've been around these parts ever since the Visor Central days. (I sort of consider this just an extension of VC as the devices progressed from Visors to Treos.) Not sure if my old account made it here from VC, but I do think since the T300 days it's been the same account for me. I don't even have a Treo any more, but been hanging around here so long I still stop by .

I just need to remember to keep a battery in my pocket.
    Don't put any metal in the pocket with that battery, OK .
    Just in case anyone's still trying this or wondering - I got the Seidio high-output charger today hoping that might help the splitter work. It was a no-go: with the host cable plugged in, even without the audio adapter connected, NO charge is passed to the phone at all - it's not that the cable is drawing power, it appears that the phone actually cannot detect or refuses to recognize that a charger is connected.

I think Malatesta may be right, we might need to try plugging in the host adapter to the phone, then a USB hub (does a splitter cable exist?), then the audio adapter to one end of that and a USB to microUSB adapter (siconinc.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/55340), then charge via that. Don't know if anyone's tried this or not...anyone?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thank you very much fadunk for that follow up. That is exactly the info i was looking for. Guess i will keep carying a spare battery in my pocket.

On a side note, for those of you who have not checked out this hack, it allows for faster access times to your Micro USB card. I installed the cab and its faster. I have about 550 songs, and when looking for one it was slow, now its very fast.
    Speed up Storage Card - PPCGeeks
    Definately worth checking out if you do any large file sharing, pic browsing, playing music or watching videos on your 800w.
    On a side note, for those of you who have not checked out this hack, it allows for faster access times to your Micro USB card. I installed the cab and its faster. I have about 550 songs, and when looking for one it was slow, now its very fast.
    Speed up Storage Card - PPCGeeks
    Definately worth checking out if you do any large file sharing, pic browsing, playing music or watching videos on your 800w.
    I used that hack when running WM 6.1 and it does work well. I mentioned it once over in the Treo Pro forum. I can say it works on WM 6.1 and also works on some earlier WM 6.5 builds. On WM 6.5 some builds don't need it and some builds could use it but it does not work. Kind of varies with WM 6.5 (obviously WM 6.5 is not yet "gold" yet), but it runs great on WM 6.1 (all builds of WM 6.1 I've ever used on my Touch Pro).
    So just to stick a fork in my idea - I got a male USB-A to female microUSB adapter (pimfg.com/product_detail.asp?part=000-USBAM-MCUBF&child=N&kwid2=2385&keywordx=2386 - ~$10 with shipping) and connected power supply-->adapter-->adapter-->Treo. No power was transmitted at all - battery usage, per Homescreen++ didn't change a bit. I don't know what else to try. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a BT stereo headphone adapter after all. In the end it does make more sense (4 oz of dongles for a 5 oz phone), but this seemed a lot more fun.

fadunk
    Last edited by fadunk; 06/12/2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    Quote Originally Posted by fadunk View Post
    So just to stick a fork in my idea - I got a male USB-A to female microUSB adapter (pimfg.com/product_detail.asp?part=000-USBAM-MCUBF&child=N&kwid2=2385&keywordx=2386 - ~$10 with shipping) and connected power supply-->adapter-->adapter-->Treo. No power was transmitted at all - battery usage, per Homescreen++ didn't change a bit. I don't know what else to try. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a BT stereo headphone adapter after all. In the end it does make more sense (4 oz of dongles for a 5 oz phone), but this seemed a lot more fun.

fadunk
    If you get the Jabra BT3030, you can continue using any headphones you already have that require a 3.5mm jack, but the quality is not as good as having a wired 3.5mm jack. Wired is simply the best in terms of sound quality.

You can play with the A2DP settings to help BT sound quality some, but that may impact your device stability. You'd have to test and see how it goes.
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the work regarding this issue. I got my 3.5mm USB Sound Card and modded it...

forum (dot) ppcgeeks (dot) com/showthread.php?p=974370

Check it out. I would post pictures but I am restricted due to my low post count.

Check out my site for more pictures: jamerican (dot) net

JA
    Last edited by JAmerican; 06/14/2009 at 02:36 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234