Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Hi All,

What is the 'best' weather app out right now for Windows Mobile? I have a Palm Treo Pro and use the SPB Shell, but the weather is fairly basic.

What is the best free app and best paid app? Is the radar good?

Thanks in advance!
    The radar = a picture from the weather site. I got away real quickly from showing weather on the today screen and am now using Weather Watcher - it is free.
    That is it. Nothing fancy. Free. Works.
    Weatherpanel hands down. Free and tons of skins and customizations.
    Yep, but for those of us who do not want the TouchFlo thing, it does not do too well.
    Weatherpanel serves me quite well
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I use the free weather bug program and I like it quite well.
    But then they have a weather station about three blocks from my home so pretty accurate for me.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    I use the free weather bug program and I like it quite well.
    But then they have a weather station about three blocks from my home so pretty accurate for me.
    Terry
    WeatherBug is free? I thought it was a paid download?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I use SPB Mobile Shell, so I don't think this would work for me. Thanks anyway!
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Ok the version I use doesnt look anything like this, it has nice little icons, displays 3 or 4 days at a time, but all in a row horizontaly accross the screen doesnt seam to take up that much room, pluse if you want you can have it just display the current temp on the top bar.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    This is the one I use:
    WeatherBug Direct freeware for Windows Mobile Pocket PC.

I have never done a link so I hope this works.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    The Pocket Express weather is great, I just wish it were a standalone app, and I didn't have to load the entire Pocket Express app to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by msglsmo View Post
    The Pocket Express weather is great, I just wish it were a standalone app, and I didn't have to load the entire Pocket Express app to get it.
    I agree. My favorite, though, is Mike Singer's Weather Watcher, if you're looking for full forecast, etc. But it uses the default browser to display the info & anything other than IE makes viewing "interesting". I wish he'd hard code IE for it instead of whatever is default.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Something I have found is using the iPhone link for WeatherUnderground in the Iris browser:

i.wund.com

I have not tried it with the 'new' IE, but the older PIE doesn't really render the page well. Iris, however, does it very well.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Nobody uses PocketWeather by SBSH? Wonderful app really. Integrates with Pocketbreeze on WM6Pro and Facade on WM6Std phones.
    i was quite pleased with the weather on Pocket Express.
    Yep, but for those of us who do not want the TouchFlo thing, it does not do too well.
    WeatherPanel does not require TouchFlo. However, for me, it creates a problem with my ActiveSync that requires a soft reset about every 12 hours or so... It is unfortunate, as I really like the app. I was going to write one of my own but I didn't get much enthusiasm for it and have not really moved on the project.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    WeatherPanel does not require TouchFlo. However, for me, it creates a problem with my ActiveSync that requires a soft reset about every 12 hours or so... It is unfortunate, as I really like the app. I was going to write one of my own but I didn't get much enthusiasm for it and have not really moved on the project.
    I think he was referring to the fact it gives a symbol & hi/lo & present temps ala TouchFlo, no text forecast. Since I have Manila 2D on my Treo Pro & my work is weather dependent, I use the M2D weather page for quick updates, but Weather Watcher, Pocket Express & iBrowz's weather.com stuff for more complete info.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast