1.    #1  
    I am on my 3rd 800. I am having a new issue. Previously, I set up WinMo to check my gmail, yahoo and aol accounts with ease. Now, I can't get gmail and aol imap access to work. Yahoo no longers supports pop and imap. I set up google and aol work through POP. I have entered the imap set up manually and they just don't work. Pop is okay, but I like IMAP better. Anyone else have this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlmer Bear View Post
    I am on my 3rd 800. I am having a new issue. Previously, I set up WinMo to check my gmail, yahoo and aol accounts with ease. Now, I can't get gmail and aol imap access to work. Yahoo no longers supports pop and imap. I set up google and aol work through POP. I have entered the imap set up manually and they just don't work. Pop is okay, but I like IMAP better. Anyone else have this issue?
    Hello, did you verify that you have your imap settings enabled on your gmail account? If you go into your gmail account through the web, you should be able to check your account settings to make sure IMAP is enabled for your gmail account. (Once logged into GMAIL, click on "Settings" in the upper, right corner, then go to the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab.) I have been using IMAP gmail on my new 800w and its working great (Although I had to setup the account manually)

As for AOL, I do not use it so I cant help ya there....but I imagine they have similar settings...Hope this helps!
    Last edited by jpiden; 04/02/2009 at 04:03 PM.
  3.    #3  
    I have done all this. I know about the gmail stuff. I can't get aol or yahoo imap to work on this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlmer Bear View Post
    I can't get aol or yahoo imap to work on this thing.
    Yahoo settings are as follows:

Incoming (IMAP4)
    imap.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing (SMTP)
    smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
    Axelrod, those settings did not work for me, but these are working as of right now on three different yahoo accounts on my 800w

incoming mail server: imap.n.mail.yahoo.com:143

outgoing (SMTP) mail server: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com:587
    Scott K
    PalmPilot -> PalmPilotPro ->
    HandspringNeo w/ Sprint PCS Wireless Digital Link ->
    Treo 755p Blue -> Treo 800w

bmwr606@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwk75s View Post
    incoming mail server: imap.n.mail.yahoo.com:143
    outgoing (SMTP) mail server: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com:587
    Interesting.

Perhaps it's a port issue... Do you have any other applications which reserve Windows Mobile ports (MobileWebServer, etc.)?
  7.    #7  
    A port issue? Interesting. I don't think so. This is a new phone and I had the same programs running on my old phone without too much of a problem.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks BMWK74s. However, your yahoo settings didn't work for me. I really think it is an imap problem. I can't get it to work for any mail server.
    I do not have paid Yahoo! email and there are times it works and other times (like yesterday) that it does not.