1.    #1  
    I installed the trial version of Vito iWindowsMobile Communication Suite software and after about 10 days I didn't want to keep the program. So I use the Delete Applications process to delete all of the programs installed, including FunContact, Winterface, SMS Chat, Weather and Zoomboard. Everything seems fine except now when I click on "Menu" then "Contacts" on my Treo800W instead of seeing the list of all of my contacts, I get an error stateing "The file 'FunContact' cannot be opened...."

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Lee
    On your device to go start-->settings-->Menu. Uncheck contacts click ok then go back in and check contacts again. See if this resolves the issue. If not you may need to do a hard reset and post back if you need that I can walk you thought it.
  3.    #3  
    thepoeta15 - this is not where the problem is. On the screen at the very bottom, there are two words, Messaging and Menu. When you click on the button located under the word menu, the popup menu has the option of contacts on the very top. When I click on that is when I see the FunContacts error. Something didn't uninstall correctly when I removed FunContacts.
    The part that did not get removed is the short cut to the applaction. The next step is to do a hard reset to the short cut can snap back to the contact correctly. This will remove all data from your device but if you sync first then that should not be an issue. kb.palm.com ID 887. All types of resets for all Palm devices. (even if it is not listed still do the one that shows how to do a hard reset)
    Quote Originally Posted by LEDtreo View Post
    thepoeta15 - this is not where the problem is. On the screen at the very bottom, there are two words, Messaging and Menu. When you click on the button located under the word menu, the popup menu has the option of contacts on the very top. When I click on that is when I see the FunContacts error. Something didn't uninstall correctly when I removed FunContacts.
    Skip the hard reset thing. Not necessary. I had a similar problem with several beta versions of Resco Contacts. Tried several others after that to see if uninstalling them would fix it. Almost all I found restore to the preceding state -- not a big help. Sunnysoft contacts seems to be the only one that's hard coded to uninstall to the default WinMo contact manager. And I actually liked the way it worked well enough to reinstall it & keep it. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Skip the hard reset thing. Not necessary. I had a similar problem with several beta versions of Resco Contacts. Tried several others after that to see if uninstalling them would fix it. Almost all I found restore to the preceding state -- not a big help. Sunnysoft contacts seems to be the only one that's hard coded to uninstall to the default WinMo contact manager. And I actually liked the way it worked well enough to reinstall it & keep it. ;-)
    that info is actually useful to know. Thanks for sharing.