1.    #1  
    Okay, long time Palm user (big clam shell version before 600, 600, 650, centro). Purchased Treo Pro yesterday. Windows mobile - wow. BIG learning curve.

Anyway, there are so many things that are overwhelming, and I've taken the tour, read the getting started guide. Where do I find, like the user guide that usually comes with Sprint Palm phones? Is it on line somewhere? If I can be pointed to that, I can probably get my questions answered.

The two things that have me completely stumped:

is there voice dialing? If so, how do I get to it? I see that there are settings for voice dialing, but how do you actually use it?

How do I play my streaming radio stations? I'm trying to open Kinoma free player, but nothing happens when I select it? How do I get the bookmarks.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
    John 3:16
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600 View Post

The two things that have me completely stumped:

is there voice dialing? If so, how do I get to it? I see that there are settings for voice dialing, but how do you actually use it?

How do I play my streaming radio stations? I'm trying to open Kinoma free player, but nothing happens when I select it? How do I get the bookmarks.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
    Voice Command- start --> settings -->voice command- make sure "enabled" is checked off, then check off the things you want to enable it for-
    Then go to settings--->buttons- pick one of the buttons in the right column that you want to set up to use for voice command, then assign voice command as the program for that button- I use the side button- once you press that you can give a command to dial- such as DIAL 555-555, or Call John etc, it will prompt you for further info if there are several numbers etc-
    If it doesn't work at first, try a soft reset after assigning buttons

I use Kinoma Freeplay to stream radio all the time- got to Kinoma-->search-->US RADIO by Tuned and type in the station- it should find it- you can save it to your favorite after that -

You said Kinoma isn't doing anything- if it's not opening when you click on it- you may just need a soft reset-

Good Luck, Mark
    Hang in there wheresmy600. This is my 2nd WinMo (first WinMo Pro) phone and it's a learning curve for me also. Most of us learned our computer skills using Windows but I just don't believe, in it's native state, Windows translates to phones that well.

Here's the link to the Sprint version of the TP user guide.

UserGuide
  4.    #4  
    Mark, you're my hero! Thanks so much! Everything worked just like you said!

Thanks furiousyellow for postiong link!
    Last edited by wheresmy600; 04/02/2009 at 09:04 AM. Reason: to delete part about user guide and thank furious yellow for posting!
    John 3:16
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

anytime
    You will find that learning curve disappears very quickly. Once I decided to stick with a WM device (3 before I gave in and kept the 800W), 1 day was all I needed to get comfy.

It does present a challenge changing operating systems like this. But it does get easier. Spending time with the user's manual really can help as well. This is one of the better Sprint manuals I've seen in a long time. I just wish they had included it in the package.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Yes...this is my first WM device, so I am taking my time doing things. I used to get a new Treo and I would have tons of third party applications loaded within the first 24 hours. Not now...just taking my time. So far, I like it very much.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi