Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's too big of a risk for me. What's your recourse if it leaks or damages your phone?

In another mobile phone forum, a guy bought a 1800mah stock sized battery and he said it didn't last as long as the stock 1500mah battery. It's hard to say what you are really getting with some of these clone batteries.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Mine works okay. (it's 1500ma size). It does not have the "mositure indicator" strip like the OEM battery. Battery life on my 1500mah chink (CHINa Knockoff) is maybe a tiny bit less than OEM...I have not fully tested.

I got the battery and charger/cradle for $25, so I'm pretty happy with the price/performance.
    Some claim this happens even more often with non-OEM batteries. The OP there says that was an OEM battery, possibly damaged from being kept in their back pocket and sat on at times, or from being under a pile of clothes it just got too hot.

Whatever batteries any of you choose to get, handle with care. No metal near them, no heat and avoid anything that might damage them.
    I tried one of these $12 batteries. It doesn't have the water damage detector, the word Palm has a blue tint to it, and it weighs .9 oz. The orignal oem weighs 1.1 oz on my digital food scale. The knock off doesn't last near as long but it has came in handy as a spare.

I bought a Mugen Power 1800. I just got done with the 4th full charging cycle and it is fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    I tried one of these $12 batteries. It doesn't have the water damage detector, the word Palm has a blue tint to it, and it weighs .9 oz. The orignal oem weighs 1.1 oz on my digital food scale. The knock off doesn't last near as long but it has came in handy as a spare.

I bought a Mugen Power 1800. I just got done with the 4th full charging cycle and it is fantastic!
    As I mentioned these were most likely knock offs or failed quality control. If it has a different wight knock off is most likely.

That is why when I read OEM in the thread title I took issue. labels are very easy to make and it seems certain these are counterfeit labels for poor quality knockoffs.

Motorola has huge problems with counterfeiters making excellent labels and holograms.

I am all for generic things, they are often of the same quality and you escape paying the huge markups added to name brand. But there are also risks. Some pf the protection circuitry that protects the device is built into the batteries nowadays and heat damage to the device itself from bad batteries is a real possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    .....I am all for generic things, they are often of the same quality and you escape paying the huge markups added to name brand. But there are also risks. Some pf the protection circuitry that protects the device is built into the batteries nowadays and heat damage to the device itself from bad batteries is a real possibility.
    I agree!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    As I mentioned these were most likely knock offs or failed quality control. If it has a different wight knock off is most likely.

That is why when I read OEM in the thread title I took issue. labels are very easy to make and it seems certain these are counterfeit labels for poor quality knockoffs.

Motorola has huge problems with counterfeiters making excellent labels and holograms.

I am all for generic things, they are often of the same quality and you escape paying the huge markups added to name brand. But there are also risks. Some pf the protection circuitry that protects the device is built into the batteries nowadays and heat damage to the device itself from bad batteries is a real possibility.
    I agree. I won't be using the battery again unless it is in some kind of emergency especially since I have the Mugen and the original for backup. In this case, as in most, you get what you pay for.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12