1.    #1  
    Hi Folks.

I notice sometimes when I press the red button to turn off the screen, nothing happens. I wait and sometimes the screen goes off on time, sometimes I have to reset. Anyone else have this issue?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    You need to use the power button at the top. Red button is for ending calls or programs.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    From the today screen, pressing the red button will also lock the buttons and then turn the device off within a few seconds. Also, if you press and hold the red button it will do the same thing from within any application.

This certainly doesn't help the op sorry, but this is how mine works. Not sure why yours wouldn't do the same unless you have a flaky button.
    You are always in the s*** -it's just a matter of how deep
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    If there are no program open and I am at the Today screen, I just hit the red button and it lock screen and in 2 sec, it goes blank.

I use the Top button to turn off the phone signal, ie. Flight mode.

I thought these are the default settings.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    Hi Folks.

I notice sometimes when I press the red button to turn off the screen, nothing happens. I wait and sometimes the screen goes off on time, sometimes I have to reset. Anyone else have this issue?
    I'm not sure if you have the Sprint or GSM Pro. Nor if this is an item where the two vary. I have one of the early GSM Treo Pros. On mine, the red button ends a call. In order to use it to start the screensaver, you have to hold it for several seconds. If you don't hold the button long enough, it can appear like it's not working.
    The Treo Pro doesn't truly turn off, something my wife and I don't really like. You have to remove the battery. The power button only turns off the radios (airplane mode) and/or shuts off the screen, but the OS still runs.
    Yea the power thing was an issue my wife never really liked about her 700WX...when I got my Treo Pro, I saw that power button (700WX does not have one) I assumed it would truly turn off the device, but alas it does not. Does anybody know of a way to turn the device off truly (without taking out the battery)?