1.    #1  
    Is there a way to change the size of the very tiny text displayed in the currently active call screen (which displays phone number, contact name, etc) on the Sprint Treo Pro? I almost have an accident while driving because I have to squint so hard to read it in order to make sure I've dialed the correct number. I've changed the screen text size setting, but that doesn't seem to effect the active call screen. Why in the world did they make the text so small on this screen? I always look at the screen to make sure I'm calling the right person. Has anyone found a way to change this?
    Last edited by mharpen; 04/01/2009 at 04:38 PM.
    What were they thinking when they did this? I would like to know the solution as well.
    I am so tired of such small text. I think they feel anyone over 20 does not need to see the information.
    What if you associate a picture with the people you call most? Then, I think their picture would show up on the screen whenever you call them.
    Can someone post a screen shot? I have heard about this but have not seen it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    What if you associate a picture with the people you call most? Then, I think their picture would show up on the screen whenever you call them.
    That works except it is very tiny too. Plus he needs to see the number to make sure it's the right one, not necessarily the right contact.

for mharpen: not that I know of. You can try changing the system font, which may make it easier to read. Here is another method.

As to why they made it that way, it's just stock config and perhaps it was overlooked by HTC.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 04/01/2009 at 07:17 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    The pic is very tiny as well.

From the point of view of a non tech like my wife (well she is very technically adept just not inot her phone as much) the small pic and small text in incoming* call menu is was the main drawback she has noted.

I don't know what htc/palm were thinking.

*we are using spb mob shell so outgoing call/contacts have very nice size pics and buttons for sms, phone numbers, email etc
    That is pretty interesting. I would actually prefer the stock boring Treo 700wx and 800 set up over the Pro.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

I don't know what htc/palm were thinking.

*we are using spb mob shell so outgoing call/contacts have very nice size pics and buttons for sms, phone numbers, email etc
    Yea I was going to mention a shell.

Too bad Palm's QC missed this. (It's Palm's device, nobody can complain to HTC for relief.)

And of course another option would be to try something with a larger screen. They're only getting bigger these days . But maybe an update will come for the Treo Pro to address this.