Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    When I try to start ActiveSync on my Treo 800W, it comes up just long enough to show briefly the window, but then ActiveSync closes out all on its own -- again and again.

I've tried several soft restarts. I've also turned the radios off, tried again, turned the radios back on, tried again -- nothing. I have not recently installed or uninstalled anything. Everything else -- Internet, email, messaging -- works fine. FWIW, I have FlexMail installed and set as the default email program, but that's been running for close to a month now, and I've never seen this before. I unselected it as the default email program and tried again -- no change.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Randal
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    same thing's happening to me. I don't want to do a restore because looks like my weekly backups haven't been running for a few weeks also.
    Here's how I would fix those sorts of problems when I had an 800w.

Edit: I don't know why, but when viewing the link I created above with IE 8 the URL gets messed up, but the URL comes out fine with FireFox 3.5. If the URL does not work, remove the stuff improperly added to the front of it. It's like when I use IE 8 it tries to append things to the front of the URL.
    Last edited by darnell; 07/09/2009 at 03:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    that link just links back to this one.
    [code]http://discussion.treocentral.com/treo-800w/178180-activesync-treo-not-pc-keeps-dying.html[\code]
    UGH! In my efforts to "fix" the link I must have messed it up myself.

I've updated it and the correct URL is below:
    Code:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/treo-800w/173819-activesync-problem.html#post1521708
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    darnell, That would probably work fine on the PC but this is on the phone. Activesync used to load on bootup and it's not and when i try and launch it opens for a second and then closes. I did a restore and it still didn't work. backups are failing also, don't know if it's related.
    Sorry, wish I could help.