Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to get the right soft key back to menu *just like the 800w*? I've attached a screen shot. I have a program to remap, I just don't know what to map it to.

thx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kiesha; 03/30/2009 at 04:09 PM.
    I think it can not be done b/c the Treo 800w was like a last WM Palm Treo built with Palm's special sauce, which included Palm's own threaded SMS appl, smartdial buttom icons and its own contact lookup field which was also a today screen plug-in. The Treo Pro has none of these special feature and thus a 'menu' right soft key would not lead you to the same contents as on the Treo 800.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I think it can not be done b/c the Treo 800w was like a last WM Palm Treo built with Palm's special sauce, which included Palm's own threaded SMS appl, smartdial buttom icons and its own contact lookup field which was also a today screen plug-in. The Treo Pro has none of these special feature and thus a 'menu' right soft key would not lead you to the same contents as on the Treo 800.
    Sigh, I figured as much. Thanks for your response chestvrg
    it's too bad there is no 3rd party utility to somewhat-recreate what Palm did with their right-softkey menu. Granted I know nothing about programming, but it just seems not-that-hard to make a popup menu with customizable links to the today screen plugins, comm manager, etc. similar to the 700wx/800 menu.
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    I've never used it but there is a free app called NewMenu that might do what you want.

WM5 New Menu freeware for Windows Mobile Pocket PC.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I've never used it but there is a free app called NewMenu that might do what you want.

WM5 New Menu freeware for Windows Mobile Pocket PC.
    Thanks alot hannip! You truly are THE MAN! I will test this out and let you all know how it works.

Thanks again
  7.    #7  
    this will take some playing around with. also ill need to find the files for call history. dial pad and today. i do believe it may do the trick.
    Let me know what you find out...I'm missing that menu too!
    if you get WM5NewMenu configured to do something cool, can you do a 'backup' and post the config file here?

(I won't have time to play with it today at work)
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  10.    #10  
    Hey. I will tho that is my problem, im @ work and unable to play with it much. I tried playing around with it a little and found that once i went into configuration, and applied configuration to see how it would work, i wasnt able to get back to the configure section again.
    Anyone make any progress on this? I can't figure out what the paths would be for the control panel apps..
    Quote Originally Posted by jdostal View Post
    Anyone make any progress on this? I can't figure out what the paths would be for the control panel apps..
    Which control panel apps do you want to use? For the 800w I had create a cab that installed shortcuts for most of the control panel apps. Been meaning to do the same for the TP. Guess I should stop playing rb for a while and get that done.
    Haha..I swear, you are all over everything on this phone You rock!

I was trying to recreate the Treo 800 menu...I just fired up my 800 (it's on the eBay auction block...)

Communications Manager
    Phone Settings
    Today Settings

Call Log is on the menu too but I think that is just a normal program. If I could figure out the pattern of how to run these things I would probably add the Bluetooth Controls as well.
    What about the left soft key?
    My wife likes that "messaging" soft key option on her old Treo 700WX (she just activated her Treo Pro last night....
    Not sure...I think that might have been a full blown application.

I'm still working on trying to figure out the path to the Call Log & the Keypad so I can get it to show up on the right menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdostal View Post
    Not sure...I think that might have been a full blown application.

I'm still working on trying to figure out the path to the Call Log & the Keypad so I can get it to show up on the right menu.
    Ok thanks for the info
  17.    #18  
    Finally gave this a try again after putting it aside before. It's not a bad app but it doesn't appear that you can program both soft keys with wm5menu. I programmed the left soft key with Fantasticbytes soft key--which is what I used before. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about wm5menu. The only other thing I noticed is the device doesn't appear to respond as fast as before. When navigating it seems a bit sluggish. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Oooh!! I was wondering if there was a way to go straight to the "Phone" without dailing anything. Let us know if everything works okay. You said it was a bit sluggish? Lets see if it speeds up a bit. I love my phone as is, its quick, semi easy to use, powerful, and stable. I don't want to effect the things I love about it
  19.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Oooh!! I was wondering if there was a way to go straight to the "Phone" without dailing anything. Let us know if everything works okay. You said it was a bit sluggish? Lets see if it speeds up a bit. I love my phone as is, its quick, semi easy to use, powerful, and stable. I don't want to effect the things I love about it
    Yeah I don't want the performence of the phone to suffer. I'll give it a few days. The file that I found was cprog.ink or exe (can't remember which one off hand) in the windows folder.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast