Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do not get me wrong, I am a fan of the 800w, in theory(It is built like a tank and I like the kb and palm special mods). However, I am sick and tired of this thing being defective!

Each subsequent model has something a little different wrong with it--- 1st one: Lock up city; 2nd one: Too many problems to list (I thought it had an evil spirit locked inside); 3rd one: Something wrong with the USB port and does not sync or charge; Now on to the 4th...

I am so upset over this; every other palm phone I have had over the years treated me good (Have 700wx and Centro). Am I just an unlucky person? Why can't I enjoy an expensive phone such as this w/o having to worry when the thing is going to crap out on me?! I do not want to bash this phone, and I actually prefer the design, but I may HAVE to give up on this thing. This saddens me.

I hope my 4th can be the one I wanted when this thing was announced... heck I just want a phone that works. Thanks for reading this, I lurk often but rarely ever post. I feel like I have been in a state of denial about my own experience when reading other posts from 800w users. I just want to feel better about this whole thing!
    Dreddy, you're having a hard time at it. (Naturally, you're not in the happiest of moods at the moment.) But you mentioned things were better with your 700wx and Centro. I don't see posts in the Treo Pro forum every week where people are claiming to be on their 3+ of that device. I suggest you give it a try.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Dreddy,

I've been through 3 for USB port problems. I think it's a weak connector that loosens after use. Thankfully Sprint has been good about getting me replacements. From what I hear the Treo Pro has better overall hardware, but I'm not a big WM fan so I'm waiting to see what the Palm Pre performs like.

Paul
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, maybe you are right Darnell... but as Pluka suggested, is there something with the usb ports on this thing that may be the cause?
    Quote Originally Posted by dreddy View Post
    Yeah, maybe you are right Darnell... but as Pluka suggested, is there something with the usb ports on this thing that may be the cause?
    Maybe, but you didn't have 3 with USB issues either, just 1 of the 3.

I think the Pre has some potential, but nobody will know how well that one does till it's been on the market for a while.

Here's an interesting related thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-treo-pro.html
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the help.
    Man that is some bad luck. I notice on here that if your first one is good then its good for a long time. If you get a bad one then it may never end. Bad one after bad one.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Time to contact Sprint and request a different device. Four bad ones just does not cut it.
  9.    #9  
    Got the 4th one today. So far, so good---- this one may actually work; I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    This one works better than my other two. I was going to try to get the Touch Pro or Treo Pro as a replacement, but I really like this phone when it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlmer Bear View Post
    This one works better than my other two. I was going to try to get the Touch Pro or Treo Pro as a replacement, but I really like this phone when it works.
    We all did. Hope it works out.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I am (fingers crossed) still on my first, over six months.
    My only beefs are 1. Very rarely with full signal, call will go straight voicemail.
    2. back light only stays on 10 seconds no matter what the setting.
    3. micro usb sucks!!! I wish it could be converted to Mini.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    2. back light only stays on 10 seconds no matter what the setting.
    See if this helps.

18. Change when the backlight goes dim due to inactivity.
    HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight
    BatteryTimeout2

It seems to represent number of seconds and is set by default to 30.
    That worked for me when I had an 800w.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Me too,
    got my fourth one.
  15.    #15  
    LOL, I keep coming back for more because I love this thing, when it actually works.
    Same here - when it works. Eventually though that no longer works and then it is time to move on.
    I actually have a 4th 800 in my hands. Purchased one for a friend who really wanted one (from w350z on the forum). Coming from a Curve he couldn't handle the battery life for 1 day (extreme user). I was going to sell it and decided to activate it to see how stable this one is. Three days later and it is still activated. It won't replace my Touch Pro ever! I just know it is a matter of time. So far this has been the most stable 800 I've used by far. The earpiece is really loud. Don't know what he did to make it this loud. Also it ActiveSync's fine with Vista unlike my previous 3. No back light issues, no email issues, no ringer issues, no volume issues, nada. I just have a feeling its on borrowed time though. Just cannot trust it.

18. Kix
    hey definately know what you're going through, i'm on my fifth one. it's amazing sprint won't just change for another model...oh well...
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Time to contact Sprint and request a different device. Four bad ones just does not cut it.
    i am about to get my 3rd 800w and hopefully this one works better!! but if it dosent do ya think sprint could replace it with a treo pro or something around does lines? i mean i really like the 800 but its just getting on my nerves because it keeps freeezing on me!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardenas5810 View Post
    i am about to get my 3rd 800w and hopefully this one works better!! but if it dosent do ya think sprint could replace it with a treo pro or something around does lines? i mean i really like the 800 but its just getting on my nerves because it keeps freeezing on me!
    Ask them if it does not work out. Results vary.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast