View Poll Results: Verizon Treo 700wx or Verizon XV6700 HTC-Apache?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • VZW Treo 700wx

0 0%
  • VZW XV6700 HTC-Apache

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    I currently own a Verizon treo 700wx and I have been given the option to switch to a Verizon XV6700 (HTC Apache), no charge. Other than about 2000 minutes a month in calls, I use my phone mainly for push email and internet browsing.

I like the idea that the XV6700 has a faster CPU, bigger screen, bigger keyboard, USB port, and WiFi. On the other hand, I like the troes size/shape, it has a longer-life battery, I have the Treo running WM 6.1 (thanks to ebagg & nightraven), and I am very comfortable with the phone.

Does anyone have any experience with these two phones, I would like some help in deciding which way to do...

Thanks!
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetack View Post
    I currently own a Verizon treo 700wx and I have been given the option to switch to a Verizon XV6700 (HTC Apache), no charge. Other than about 2000 minutes a month in calls, I use my phone mainly for push email and internet browsing.

I like the idea that the XV6700 has a faster CPU, bigger screen, bigger keyboard, USB port, and WiFi. On the other hand, I like the troes size/shape, it has a longer-life battery, I have the Treo running WM 6.1 (thanks to ebagg & nightraven), and I am very comfortable with the phone.

Does anyone have any experience with these two phones, I would like some help in deciding which way to do...

Thanks!
    Hello, I'm new to the group!

I had the vx6700 and I loved it. I had it mod too. If I understand the vx has 128mb rom whereas the 6700 has only 64mb rom. But you get a slick pull out keyboard and you can change portrait to landscape viewing mode so watching 320x240 movies is awesome.

I just got me a treo 700w off ebay this week so I'm playing with it right now. I like it the size weight and feel of it. The vx6700 was a bit thick but it has the same height feel to it, as it also had the antenna sticking out.

My lcd on my vx6700 cracked and never got it fixed. I do miss the phone as it worked really well. It played videos great, I used tcmp to watch and had no skipping. I let my daughter watch dora on it and she loved it.

overall I like both phones. I like my 6700 better in that it has 320x240 whereas the treo has 240x240 but for doing the same things, email, internet, sms, etc it works the same.

So if you want the bigger screen and wifi go for the 6700 otherwise the treo is fine too.

Oh and you will need a mini sd card for the 6700 fyi so you will need a new card for it.

Hope that helps.

David