Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got the BoxWave crystal screen protectors in the mail yesterday. IMHO they are the best screen protectors around. I've used them for years on all of my devices and have never been dissappointed. You pay a little more, but they last forever. This was my first experience with the crystal ones, I usually use the anti-glare ones. But I'm impressed with the crystal. Application was a breeze, had one minor air bubble that went away after a few hours. One nice thing that I like is that when it is used with the case from Seidio, the case covers the edges of the protector,keeping dust, dirt, and air from getting under it. When it's all said and one, you can't even tell it's there.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    The best screen protectors are Martin Fields. Period. Full stop.

I've used Boxwave and they were very poor by comparison. If they work for you, great, but I always fine they leave much to be desired.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post

I've used Boxwave and they were very poor by comparison. If they work for you, great, but I always fine they leave much to be desired.
    Hmm, I've had nothing but positive experiences with Boxwave protectors on five different devices over the years. Excellent product, IMO. What about them leaves "much to be desired"? They are relatively easy to apply, and they look great (actually enhancing screen clarity and sharpness) once they're on.

Haven't heard of Martin Fields before, but I'll check them out.
    BodyGuardz

Protect the screen the rest of the device too.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post

What problems did you experience with the Boxwave? I had the same Boxwave screen protector well over 1 year on my 755p and didn't experience any problems. I had never heard of the Martin Fields. But if you think they are better than the Boxwave I am willing to give them a try.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I use Boxwave too. All you need to do is buy one and they last forever.

But you have to be careful when you take it out. If you dont and you get it a little bent, it will stay bent forever!

I heard the anti-glare will get rid of some fingerprint, but not as clear as the crystal ones.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by no_basho View Post
    Hmm, I've had nothing but positive experiences with Boxwave protectors on five different devices over the years. Excellent product, IMO. What about them leaves "much to be desired"? They are relatively easy to apply, and they look great (actually enhancing screen clarity and sharpness) once they're on.

Haven't heard of Martin Fields before, but I'll check them out.
    As Chong mentioned, they bend very easily and stay that way. Also, I found they inhibit the touch screen more than I'd like. They also product some moire effect. The adhesive is too strong, and I actually had one damage a screen (when it was left on for a long time). They are not as easy to clean and re-use as others.

Also, Boxwave customer service is horrible, but that is another topic.

I know people love the Boxwave ones; I used to until I used Martin Fields.
  8.    #8  
    It's a personal choice based on experience. I think I may have tried the Martin Fields at one point. But I've had such good luck with the BoxWave I just keep getting those. I haven't noticed any image degradation on the ones I used. Were you using the anti-glare or the crystal. I can see how the anti-glare may give some issues.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    My screen protector is perfect on my Pro. It is better to do it right the first time.

You know how to get rid of lint in the air?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post

You should look into getting a good HEPA filter. That's as good as you're going to get. And you might not want to mess with those "Ionic Breeze" things. Hospitals use HEPA filters. (Also, HEPA filters often help people with allergies during this time of the year. They're also great to use when you burn some food (or cook something smelly) in the kitchen .)
    i have a martian feilds screen protector now and hate it. i have had it for two weeks now and it is allreay showing wear. the top conners (start and close areas) are showing were from the stylus.

with the boxwave screen protectors i could see this type of wear at about 4-6 months.

i will be replacing the martian fields soon with a boxwave
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    what i do is trun on the shower (hot) in a small bathroom. wait until the mirror is steamed over, then go in and apply screen protector. silly, but it works.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    what i do is trun on the shower (hot) in a small bathroom. wait until the mirror is steamed over, then go in and apply screen protector. silly, but it works.
    I can 2nd that. It works .

I've tried with and without the steam.

I mentioned HEPA filters because I thought Chong67 was just asking about rooms in general, since he wipes his device so much I though maybe he just didn't like anything in the room air in general .
    How does the boxwave compare to the zagg? Also, does the zagg just protect the screen, or does it cover the whole front?
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
    How does the boxwave compare to the zagg? Also, does the zagg just protect the screen, or does it cover the whole front?
    Just don't get InvisibleShield. I think there's a reason Zagg does not advertise on this web site and this might have something to do with it! But that review is 100% on point and I know from personal experience.
    Thanks!! I just got the invisible shield from zagg for my ipod touch so I didn't know if I should get it for the Pro....
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yah, not only when you turn on the steam to get rid of the lint, dont wear any clothes.

I had all my bathroom steam up, then I try to put it in, then it got one lint in it. It was from my tshirt.

So I get my Pro and the protector ready, then take a long shower with stream. Then I do it there. It works!
    Yah, not only when you turn on the steam to get rid of the lint, dont wear any clothes.

I had all my bathroom steam up, then I try to put it in, then it got one lint in it. It was from my tshirt.

So I get my Pro and the protector ready, then take a long shower with stream. Then I do it there. It works!
    Chong67, really man, did it come into your mind that perhaps this was too much information?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Chong67, really man, did it come into your mind that perhaps this was too much information?
    The logic makes sense, I don't think he meant for you to visualize it tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The logic makes sense, I don't think he meant for you to visualize it tho.
    I guess he had to do it fast, before his skin got dry and any flakes of dry skin started coming off .

I think he should have worn a 100% polyester shirt while applying it . I mean not every shirt tosses out a bunch of lint.

I guess he had the shower going and figured he might as well put it to good use .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast