Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lol u guys are crazy.

Has anyone tried the one from the store here? The Smartphone Experts one?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    call me crazy but if anything I intend to get the protector with the most tack, stickiness on the exterior and only use it on the rear and maybe sides of the handset.
    I keep my phones in my jacket pocket, but occasionally stick them in pants pockets with keys and coins.I have found the cost and other drawbacks (decreased sensitivity and gradual yellowing of all the protectors) of protection over the screen is not worth it and I have never seriously scratched a screen
    I have the HTC Touch and am thinking about the Treo Pro. Are any of these protectors like the OEM one that came with the touch? It was the best screen protector I have ever used, much more rigid and easy to apply than most I have used on other phones.
    do any retail stores sell these screen protectors?
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I personally use the Best Skins Ever, Inc. skin (have used them since my Treo 650) and then slide it into my Seidio Innocase II. The front skins cover everything except the keyboard and you can barely tell that it is on. When I do want take my Innocase off and just carry the Pro "naked" the skin on the back protects it and keeps the finger prints off but still makes it look good.

Just my humble opinion.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
    do any retail stores sell these screen protectors?
    I haven't seen any. The Sprint store seems to carry a generic cut-to-size one. I've always ordered my BoxWave protectors either through Amazon or from them directly. You can get 3 of them for $27 + shipping. I always buy a couple of extras, never can tell when I might screwup on while installing them.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Am I the only one who sprays windex on my screen protectors before installing them (to eliminate the chance of bubbles)? I'm talking about the boxwave style protectors.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    Am I the only one who sprays windex on my screen protectors before installing them (to eliminate the chance of bubbles)? I'm talking about the boxwave style protectors.
    No, I've never done that since the BoxWave instructions don't mention it. Wouldn't the wetness interfere with the stickiness on them?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Your best change of putting it on is after you peel off the manuf protector. Do it right away. You dont need to clean anything.

I put my Pro inside a green camera pouch with velcro. I got it from Target. Look in the camera section. It is only $2.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Just got my STP....so far I really like it over my 700wx. As far as a screen protector goes, I'm thinking I might go without one on the Pro. (Used the palm protectors on my 700wx....worked OK. But now I have a used 700wx with a perfect screen.....maybe I should have USED the screen instead of putting protection over it!)

My thoughts on the Pro. It's a super easy screen to clean since it is not recessed. It's plastic. If I get minor scratches in the screen I'm thinking I can "rub them out with toothpaste or a plastic polishing compound. Don't know....just a thought. Anybody else tried this process or thinking about it vs. putting a layer of plastic on top of the current screen (screen protector)?
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Your best change of putting it on is after you peel off the manuf protector. Do it right away. You dont need to clean anything.
    Sound advice and exactly how I do it.
    I've been considering going without a screen protector as well. I haven't gotten one yet and I've had the phone 2 weeks.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I've had mine for 2 weeks now also, and I am amazed how scratch resistant the screen has been. I do have a good case and I'm tending to use the touch screen without the stylus more than I did with my 700wx....maybe that's why I'm not seeing any scratches. I'm inclined to go without "protection" on my Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I've been considering going without a screen protector as well. I haven't gotten one yet and I've had the phone 2 weeks.
    I was thinking the same thing. If you really mess it up you can always use this:

Linky

About the same price as a Boxwave 3 pack.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. If you really mess it up you can always use this:

Linky

About the same price as a Boxwave 3 pack.
    I got the BoxWave crystal protector, and it's okay, but I'm wishing I had gotten the anti-glare one. The crystal smudges easily from the oil on my hair and ear when I use it, so I'm wiping it a lot. But it is still a great protector.

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    The anti glare one is not clear. Like a cloating on it.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    The anti glare one is not clear. Like a cloating on it.
    I've used the anti-glare on PDAs before and liked it. I tried the crystal on the Treo to try and keep it shiny looking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12