1.    #1  
    Well I'm faced with a dilemna. Which program should i buy? Core Media Player with its native Youtube app or KinomaPlay with Orb and its youtube app?
    Your limited to so much on Kinoma FreePlay with only 10 videos with the free version.

Oh and also does anyone know if there is an 3.5mm Adapter jack for the Treo 800w? To adapt to stereo headphones?

Help would be gladly appreciated.
    Well look at it this way, you have to pay for Core Player, so KinomaPlay's near same price should not trouble you any. If you get Kinoma, I'd recommend the paid version, just because it's better than Kinoma Freeplay .

Sadly, Core Player does not offer a free trial at all.

I do have both on my Touch Pro and used to have both on my old 800w too.

I was noticing with my old 800w, that it was having trouble staying awake after using KinomaPlay for a while. Just my own experience, but it seemed the 800w could not handle certain things well, which is not such a problem for me with the Touch Pro. Core Player uses less resources, I didn't notice any device stability issues with the 800w when using it.

Kinoma Freeplay is FREE though. I mean you can't beat that deal. So you might as well try it for a while. If you like it and find your 800w is staying stable, than you might as well pay for KinomaPlay.

If you do a lot of videos other than YouTube, like AVIs and such, get Core Player.

For online radio and easily finding stations, KinomaPlay is great to have.

For anyone who is very video centric and wanting to view more than just YouTube, I'd recommend Core Player. For anyone who is more into streaming audio, KinomaPlay. Personally, I keep both for their respective strengths.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolcdj69 View Post
    Well I'm faced with a dilemna. Which program should i buy? Core Media Player with its native Youtube app or KinomaPlay with Orb and its youtube app?
    both are solid apps

I prefer Kinoma Play because of the YouTube app and Flickr integration. But Core player is fine too and better suited, as Darnell noted, for more on-board video watching from Computer-to-phone video transfers. Kinoma is better for online streaming.

re: headphones

As of now, no. No options.

But stay tuned. We just found out that the 800w can act as a USB host, meaning you can plug in various USB devices and they will work. I just received mine and I can use my USB gaming headset ( stereo + mic too!) and it works 100% (kind of freaky actually). So it looks like you can (1) buy USB headphones or (2) get a USB to 3.5mm adapter and use your headphones that way. I'm trying the latter hopefuly this week and will let you know. Best part is it'll cost you about $11 total.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter