1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a simple, lightweight program that just gives me GPS coordinates. I don't need maps. I don't need a lot of flashy. Just straightforward, simple lat and long.

There are a lot out there that do more than I want. Trying to prevent loading a million apps and deleting them shortly thereafter.

Any advice?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I'm looking for a simple, lightweight program that just gives me GPS coordinates. I don't need maps. I don't need a lot of flashy. Just straightforward, simple lat and long.

There are a lot out there that do more than I want. Trying to prevent loading a million apps and deleting them shortly thereafter.

Any advice?

Thanks!
    GPS Test 1.04 - it's exactly what you're looking for. It's freeware as well.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    WMMiniGPS will also work, I use it to prime the GPS foe a couple of programs that don't seam to want to see the GPS on my HTC Touch
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    GPS Today is another one you could look at
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    GPS test is indeed a good free ware. You should try it out. Haven't tried GPS Today but will be trying it out in a few days.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    When you start one of these GPS utilities to prime it, are you supposed to leave it running or shut it down before starting your navigation software?

Thanks for the tip about WMMiniGPS. That's just what I was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    When you start one of these GPS utilities to prime it, are you supposed to leave it running or shut it down before starting your navigation software?
    Thanks for the tip about WMMiniGPS. That's just what I was looking for.
    you navigation software, such as gamin or navigon require no prime at all, it is just tomtom that does. in that case you start any one of these, start tomtom and then close the program you used to prime
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    you navigation software, such as gamin or navigon require no prime at all, it is just tomtom that does. in that case you start any one of these, start tomtom and then close the program you used to prime
    I need it to prime Y Go, if I want to use those maps, tho dont know why I bother, and I need it to prime nuePark.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the suggestions!

GPS Test wouldn't get a lock for me. I gave it a few minutes, but ran out of patience since quickness is one of the things I was looking for.

GPS Today looks nice, but I've never been able to get it to work right. Does more than I want it to anyway.

WMMiniGPS worked perfectly! Not sexy, but it locked on in seconds, gave me my lat/long and even altitude and compass pointer. PERFECT!

Thanks again for the suggestions. Much appreciated!