Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I seem to have an 800w with stand alone gps. I am able to get a lock with my phone turned off not connected to the network. Hmmmm???? I guess the 800w really does have stand alone gps.

Just kidding. I have read almost all of the threads on gps and thought bringing this up could be funny to some. April fools!
    Last edited by bpdamas; 04/01/2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: April Fools!!!!!!!!
  2.    #22  
    Very fitting Bpdamas .
    if anybody wants quick gps on thier cdma (sprint,alltel,verizon) treo pro let me know and i'll tell you how. i installed it on my alltel treo pro and it works great. it used to take google maps 5 minutes to get a lock now it takes 5 seconds.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyspencer View Post
    if anybody wants quick gps on thier cdma (sprint,alltel,verizon) treo pro let me know and i'll tell you how. i installed it on my alltel treo pro and it works great. it used to take google maps 5 minutes to get a lock now it takes 5 seconds.
    Good you found how to do it. Can you just make a post in the Treo Pro forum explaining? There are cabs for it posted online, but I don't have a Treo Pro (or 800w) to confirm how to get it working with that device. (I posted the cab from my Touch Pro here.) Maybe just installing the cab does it, but I don't know.
    i really don't know anything about different forums and such or where the appropriate place to post my info. i was just surfing the net and saw that somebody mentioned that they would like to get quick gps installed on thier sprint treo pro. i can tell them how but i don't want to offend anyone by posting in the wrong place.could someone kindly point me to the right place and i will gladly share my info. Oh and to answer your question the quick gps cab from the htc touch pro will not work with the treo pro.
  6.    #26  
    Post how to by making a reply comment in this tread. Be sure to mention the Touch Pro version won't work on the Treo Pro.
    ok i will thanks!
    quick gps helps the treo pro very much.before installing quick gps it took forever to get a lock onto the satelites. now its almost instant. yes the idea is fundamentally simillar to agps whereas quick gps keeps the data for a longer period of time. but the important part is not "how" it works but that it does in fact work (and well)
    i would suggest installing quick gps to anybody with windows mobile (pocket pc) that has a built in autonomous gps receiver
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12