This is the letter I wrote a T-Mobile representative who helped me for more than an hour trying to get this figured out. We were on the phone for more than an hour, but I ended it because I was getting off of work, and wanted to go to the beach.

When I got home, I couldn't help but try and take another crack at it. This is what worked for me!

This is my first post on this forum, and the punks won't let me post links. I have to have 10 or more posts in order to do so. I'm not going to go spam their forum just to get this posted... I will edit the links as follows:

A "." will be replaced with "dot." Easy enough right?

Thank you so much for your diligence in helping me with my MMS problem. I finally got it to work. I will try to be as thorough as possible. (For those 60-80 year old customers.) Ha!

This is what I got to work for me:

1. Tap Start->Settings
2. Tap on the "Connections" tab.
3. Tap on the "Connections" icon.
4. Tap on the "Advanced" tab.
5. Tap on the "Select Networks" button.
6. The first drop down menu states, "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:"
7. Tap the "New" button.
8. Tap on the "General" tab.
9. Input box states, "Enter a name for these settings:"
10. Name the connection "T-Zones"
11. Tap on the "Modem" tab.
12. Tap the "New" button.
13. The first input box states, "Enter a name for the connection:"
14. Name it "T-Zones"
15. Under the input box, there will be a drop down menu which states, "Select a modem:"
16. This should already contain "Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G)" If not, I would have customers choose this.
17. Tap "Next"
18. There will only be one input box which states, "Access point name:"
19. Type "wap dot voicestream dot com"
20. Tap "Next"
21. There will be three input boxes which state, "User name:," "Password:," and "Domain:*" These should all be empty.
22. Tap "Finish"
23. Tap on the "Proxy Settings" tab.
24. Check the first box that states, "This network connects to the Internet."
25. Click the "ok" button in the top right.
26. You will then be taken back to the screen labeled, "Network Management"
27. The first drop down menu states, "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:"
28. Make sure this connection says, "T-Zones"
29. There will be a second drop down menu below the first, which states, "Programs that automatically connect to a private network should connect using:"
30. Mine states, "My Work Network" (I believe step 29 and step 30 are erroneous.)
31. Tap the "ok" button in the top right.
32. Tap on the "Tasks" tab.
33. Make sure the connection at the very top states, "T-Zones"
34. Tap the "ok" button in the top right.
35. Tap the "X" button in the top right.

This should take you back to the Today screen.

To setup the MMS account settings:

1. Tap Start->Messaging
2. Tap Menu->Options
3. Tap on the "Advanced" tab.
4. Click the "Manual" circle.
5. Tap on the "Edit" button.
6. The "Message center number:" field should read "+12063130004"
7. The "Email center number:" field should read "500"
8. The "MMS gateway address:" field should read "216 dot 155 dot 165 dot 50 dot 8080"
9. The "MMS URL:" field should read "http : // 216 dot 155 dot 174 dot 84/servlets/mss"
10. The "Network profile:" drop down menu for me, says, "Default"
11. Tap the "ok" button in the top right two times.
12. Tap the "X" button in the top right once.

This should take you back to the Today screen.

That's it!

I was able to send and receive picture messages successfully. The only limitation I came across is that I have to set the resolution of the camera to 320x240, which usually keeps the image around 20-40 KB. No sweat.

These settings worked even before a soft reset. I soft reset it anyways, and everything is still working. I pulled the battery out of the phone, and held the power button for approximately 5 seconds. After putting the battery back in and letting the phone reboot, I am still able to send and receive pictures messages. Woo hoo!

Please tell your supervisor that it has been my greatest pleasure in speaking with you. Of all the customer service representatives I've spoken with, you were very patient in entering every setting into my phone. You were highly determined, motivated, and passionate about doing what you could to get this working. We entered every possible setting in all the right places, and the phone still wouldn't have it. Most representatives would have been stumped by this time, and given up. You didn't give off even the slightest negativity in wanting to do so. I commend you for that. I have sincere admiration in your technical abilities, and I feel very comfortable in that if I ever have a technical issue again, I will immediately ask for your assistance. Thank you so much for your help. Greatly appreciated!