1.    #1  
    Is there some way to turn off the beep when I am dialing a phone number. I dont know why it is even a feature on cell phones anymore. It is the most anoying thing in the world IMO. If you can see the number on the screen why do you need a beep to tell you it has been pushed?
    Edit the registry. Goto HKey Current User -> ControlPanel -> Sounds and then delete all the 'dtmf' keys from *, #, 1, 2...and so on and also delete the key 'keypress'. Hope this helps ok.
    Last edited by chestvrg; 03/28/2009 at 11:30 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Forgive me but I dont knwo what the hkey is. Can you fill me in
    If you don't know what hkey is then don't go near any registry. It's too risky for you.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Look wwhijr why don't your read up some articles online for editing the registry on Windows Mobile first. There are a lot of them if you search (use google) & once you feel confident, you can begin making your 1st. reg edit.

It's like I want to motivate you and I know you have the knowledge in you, but first read some articles, I hope this helps.
    An excellent hack; thanks so much for posting this!
    I didn't remove or change all of the settings above. in the keypress folder there is a beepmode setting...I changed that to 0 and no more dial pad beeps.
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    [QUOTE in the keypress folder there is a beepmode setting...I changed that to 0 and no more dial pad beeps.[/QUOTE]
    This worked for me as well. Thanks.
    You know I have to look into that 'keypress' folder again, b/c if there's no necesity to remove hives, but just change a 'boolean' value from 'true(1)', to 'false(0)' it's much better. Thank you all.
    Chestvrg, I read your earlier thread & deleted all but if I were to delete all do you suggest InCallVibrate, InCallBuzz & InCallPoliteBeep, Too? On my other STP I adjusted the beepmode to 0 instead, did this to see if they both work & to learn.
    cscoot03 I wouldnt touch those 3 reg hives you are referring too as I dont know what function they do. There's a great talented member on this board that you may want to consult b/f you delete such keys. His username is hannic If I'm not mistaking.
    Thank you for your reply I didn't think so that's why I left them alone. My other Pro is Tethered to my PC so I haven't checked that one yet but after deleting no more beeps. Thanks ( Yes hannic is intelligent).
    You welcome, the thing w/these reg edits is that if touch the incorrect key/hive you may even end up doing a hard-reset, youknow whattay mean right.
    Amen to that.,espescailly now that I'm tethered! (Thanks Robin for that HDD) Just doing some checking on the Pre looking for it's weight & size of battery b/c if I'm going to leave WM I just want to be sure. Thanks for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Amen to that.,espescailly now that I'm tethered! (Thanks Robin for that HDD) Just doing some checking on the Pre looking for it's weight & size of battery b/c if I'm going to leave WM I just want to be sure. Thanks for your reply.
    Windows Mobile is a great OS, and been the fact that it is onboard a Treo Pro even much better. Now, if you are thinking about leaving windows mobile, there are some other platforms that offer Exchange Direct Push, such as symbian OS or even Palm OS, but never like good old windows mobile. If you want to enjoy all the good things windows mobile has to offer, but want to rely on a great email platform as well, stay with windows mobile.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t